• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

I'll always remember Luis Gustavo for two reasons:

1. Telling Balotelli he talks too much
2. His game against real Madrid in the semi-final when he was at Bayern. He committed so many fouls, he had to get sent off. The funny thing is, he only got a yellow, but for a foul he didn't commit.

It's too bad hes been bad, always thought he was a good player.

He's a good player. I don't see why people try to make him look otherwise. He's one of the best DMs in the world, but he sucks at everything else aside from defending and I think he lacks a bit of personality or social skills. Always looked awkward during his time at Bayern

Pachimari

y2n3GDJ.jpg

Nice, I miss Morata.

He has a €25M release clause, doesn't he? Probably has a discount or something for Wolfsburg not qualifying for EL/CL. You have plenty of Hummels money to buy him and a #prospect CB
We have Schmelzer who just played a great season and is in the race to become captain. We won't waste 25m on a player we don't need.

what if Schmelzer gets injured
If you have the money, you should invest it.
Even if he did, a player worth 25mil does not want to warm the Bench and have to wait for injury, etc.

Use an academy player for that. Full Backs tend to always play every game, and backups are just squad players to fill gaps

Elchele

Even if he did, a player worth 25mil does not want to warm the Bench and have to wait for injury, etc.

Use an academy player for that. Full Backs tend to always play every game, and backups are just squad players to fill gaps

They can rotate. Staying healthy at BVB is almost impossible.

Elchele

Durm is a back up, Passlack an option.

And we haven't got rid of Park yet lol

Also, we are not Real or City who can spend 25m on a back up.

oh, yeah, I forgot about Park.
Durm is right footed tho, isn't he? He should be RB all the time to let him grow in the position.

I think you do m8. BUY EVERYONE

Pachimari

I kind of want to watch the Bundesliga next season. I never really followed it but they have a lot of interesting teams like Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Schalke and Leverkusen.

Fuck Bayern.

I kind of want to watch the Bundesliga next season. I never really followed it but they have a lot of interesting teams like Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Schalke and Leverkusen.

Fuck Bayern.
Leverkusen is a rollercoaster of Emotions. Follow them, seriously they look like world beaters one day, to the worst team the next (Roma away during the 1st half, seriously Fifa defending). Although its because they had players always injured.

I can't believe they manage to get Third, but some of their youth raised to the occasion when it mattered.

Pachimari

I'm a madridista by heart so I probably won't support anyone. My dad always supported Schalke 04, so if I had a soft spot, they would be part of it, and Raúl went there as well. I like what I see of Dortmund, and Wolfsburg have interesting players.

Jack cw

I'm a madridista by heart so I probably won't support anyone. My dad always supported Schalke 04, so if I had a soft spot, they would be part of it, and Raúl went there as well. I like what I see of Dortmund, and Wolfsburg have interesting players.
Dortmund, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Gladbach and Mainz are the most interesting clubs. Since you cheer for Real, la Bestia negra is out of the question.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great news about Rafa

Toon are a sleeping giant, the fans deserve better

My dad will be chuffed

Meier

Well it's easier too watch then Serie A and La Liga.

Would seriously love to watch some games without using streams.
I watched some of the Fox Bundesliga coverage this year -- it was very solid. We are spoiled for choice in the US. Can watch all of the big leagues and competitions.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea you could own somebody's name and signature. Why would you do that? Were they selling merch with his stamp on or something?

Great news about Rafa

Toon are a sleeping giant, the fans deserve better

My dad will be chuffed

With him in charge and those ridiculous parachute payments there is absolutely no reason why they won't bounce straight back up.

Ipswich will be in this fucking division for the rest of my poxy little life.

I had no idea you could own somebody's name and signature. Why would you do that? Were they selling merch with his stamp on or something?

In this case it is for when you see products that contain a persons name or signature like a cologne, a watch or an item of clothing that is using a persons image. It can also extend to marketing and advertising as well as many other aspects.

Usually property rights are held by the person it is of (or who created it in terms of intellectual property) by default but you can either sell it or licence it, it is classed as property rights so it has to be conducted via contract which outline how it can and can not be used and for how long they have permission to use it for. A name and signature is unusual to be held by some who it hasn't originated from, but for people working in the public eye that are an employee of a company and feature in advertising it is normal to have some sort of image rights held by another party.

It usually isn't really that much of an issue, the only issue arises if United must own the name and unwilling to pay what Chelsea would like for it, unprepared to licence it (assuming Chelsea have rights to licence it) or Chelsea tell United to do one. All of which would be highly unusual because it is simple to work out a price that all parties benefit from.

The whole sponsorship stuff shouldn't be an issue either, it is no different than why you see players with boots by Nike but playing in a kit by Adidas. It is why certain players don't appear in certain types of marketing like club kit launches but will for their nations kit launch because it is by the manufacturer that sponsors them and the club kit isn't. If United however have it written into the contract that the manager will be part of it then they're daft as that makes things very difficult, but not impossible just expensive.

The whole thing is a bit blown out of proportion really especially as it certainly isn't United's first time dealing with this sort of thing and are well known for there expertise in this area. They were doing this before it was a norm in the industry.

El Topo

Fuck Bayern.

Support anyone but Bayern and you're guaranteed to have an interesting season. May I propose an underdog called Mainz?

According to rumours, Liverpool are willing to pay £45 million for Yacine Brahimi, is this guy even worth that much? I don't think Klopp has ever spent more than £32 million on a player, correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Seems like he has an attitude problem and shows up to games when he wants to. Seems like the Balotelli of Algeria.

DBT85

In this case it is for when you see products that contain a persons name or signature like a cologne, a watch or an item of clothing that is using a persons image. It can also extend to marketing and advertising as well as many other aspects.

Usually property rights are held by the person it is of (or who created it in terms of intellectual property) by default but you can either sell it or licence it, it is classed as property rights so it has to be conducted via contract which outline how it can and can not be used and for how long they have permission to use it for. A name and signature is unusual to be held by some who it hasn't originated from, but for people working in the public eye that are an employee of a company and feature in advertising it is normal to have some sort of image rights held by another party.

It usually isn't really that much of an issue, the only issue arises if United must own the name and unwilling to pay what Chelsea would like for it, unprepared to licence it (assuming Chelsea have rights to licence it) or Chelsea tell United to do one. All of which would be highly unusual because it is simple to work out a price that all parties benefit from.

The whole sponsorship stuff shouldn't be an issue either, it is no different than why you see players with boots by Nike but playing in a kit by Adidas. It is why certain players don't appear in certain types of marketing like club kit launches but will for their nations kit launch because it is by the manufacturer that sponsors them and the club kit isn't. If United however have it written into the contract that the manager will be part of it then they're daft as that makes things very difficult, but not impossible just expensive.

The whole thing is a bit blown out of proportion really especially as it certainly isn't United's first time dealing with this sort of thing and are well known for there expertise in this area. They were doing this before it was a norm in the industry.

TBH all of it sounds more like the reporters have nothing to talk about since nothing has actually happened yet.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

thanks for that. I guess it's a bit of a non-story to fill some time.

You'd think they'd be some clause that releases it if they part company though. Crazy that someone can own your name like that.

According to rumours, Liverpool are willing to pay £45 million for Yacine Brahimi, is this guy even worth that much? I don't think Klopp has ever spent more than £32 million on a player, correct me if I'm wrong.

he's never had PL money before. WE'RE RICH!

Elchele

EDIT: Seems like he has an attitude problem and shows up to games when he wants to. Seems like the Balotelli of Algeria.
That signing could turn out incredible well or awfully bad. There's no middle point

That's nuts even with the new EPL money. Brahimi is a fun, tricky player but not a star. Like a poor man's Coutinho.

Looooooooooooool

Pls elaborate
From Kicker:
"Mario was told clearly and with respect. He knows what the club thinks and he knows how the future coach thinks about him."
Götze's announcement [to stay] is "hard to evaluate."
"Mario needs to decide now: Do I want to play regularly?"

Pachimari

Oh, I'm not gonna support anyone in the Bundesliga. I'm of the type that you are only with one club and I have been with Real Madrid my entire life.

I just expressed an interest in watching the Bundesliga next season.

Also, I have never understood Liverpool's transfers. They always seem so absurd and expensive.

Elchele

From Kicker:
"Mario was told clearly and with respect. He knows what the club thinks and he knows how the future coach thinks about him."
Götze's announcement [to stay] is "hard to evaluate."
"Mario needs to decide now: Do I want to play regularly?"

8x1ZBDL.png

pls leave already

Meier

This is just one of those situations where the Porto player has a €60m release clause so they throw that number around if a team is interested. Brahimi is nowhere near good enough for that though price though so he probably won't leave because Porto won't accept less and there's no way Liverpool will actually pay that.

Brahimi's situation is kind of an interesting one. At the time of his transfer, it was rumored that Doyen took a smaller amount of money from City for their portion of Mangala's rights in exchange for Porto selling Brahimi to them for relative peanuts. Porto bought Brahimi for €6.5m and then immediately sold 80% of him to Doyen for no mark up at all. This allowed Porto to get more cash for Mangala to help balance the books and Doyen knew they'd cash in on Brahimi big time at a later date. We'll never know for sure how accurate that is but in the end, Porto only have 20% of his rights so Doyen is going to try their hardest to ensure that Brahimi is sold for the full €60m.

Pachimari

Why are Bayern hell bent on kicking Gotze out the door? I thought it wasn't long ago they would have sold half their fan base just to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom