• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I guess Bayern wants some money for Götze now rather than him going away for free next year so that's why they act dickish.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The only place I ever hear about Götze is in this thread. If it wasn't for the world cup final goal I wouldn't even know he existed.

Jack cw

I guess Bayern wants some money for Götze now rather than him going away for free next year so that's why they act dickish.
Dont think that Bayern would dick around for 20 to 25 million on transfer fee. Tax advantages would still make a profit for them if he leaves at the end of next season for free. His 12 million a year are obviously the problem. Buying an additional top earner who earns in that range would blow our budget into Barca or Real dimensions. And with Götze all our attacking positions are stacked. So in Rummenigges logic he blocks a position inside the squad and would raise the overall budget for the team. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't an additional top 10 player we want.

You know for whom I really feel for in the whole Götze disaster? My man Kloppo.

Imagine it, Kloppo joins Dortmund and sees this very talented 16-year-old in our youth team. About a year later, he gives this guy his first first team minutes and in the span of two years, makes one of the most wanted players in the world out of him. Two years later, he leaves for Bayern and kills Kloppo by saying he wants to train under Guardiola. That doesn't work out and three years later, Kloppo talks about bringing this guy to Liverpool and the deal is done. The player wants to come, a fee is basically agreed upon and the only thing missing is the signing. Right then, this guy fires his agent and tells Kloppo to get fucked.

I cry everytime

Jack cw

Imagine it, Kloppo joins Dortmund and sees this very talented 16-year-old in our youth team. About a year later, he gives this guy his first first team minutes and in the span of two years, makes one of the most wanted players in the world out of him. Two years later, he leaves for Bayern and kills Kloppo by saying he wants to train under Guardiola. That doesn't work out and three years later, Kloppo talks about bringing this guy to Liverpool and the deal is done. The player wants to come, a fee is basically agreed upon and the only thing missing is the signing. Right then, this guy fires his agent and tells Kloppo to get fucked.

I cry everytime
#partofbayern

spidye

Rummenigge should just write checks and jack off to his failed idea of a european super league.
I really hope hoeneß shuts him up again like the old times

Ramsey has been given the #8...

michael-scott-no.gif

Meier

If be happy to make it at this point. I got into soccer watching the USMNT in the 2010 WC, and since then not one even semi-star has emerged. Been the same boring but serviceable core and a revolving door of defenders.

Pulisic will be the face of American soccer within the next year. He's probably already the best player on the pitch when he's playing.

Ecuador is a tough opponent, I was pleased that we pulled out a win last night. They're 12th in the world right now which you could argue is a bit inflated but not significantly so. Last night was a physical game -- it looked like both teams wanted to win in the first half when I was able to watch. Caught the tail end as well. Thrilled Nagbe was able to get his first goal.

bjaelke

I made the mistake of going back 2 years to look through old posts (when he was also linked with the United position but ended up back at Chelsea). Poor decision on my part. Can't even call people out since most of them are either banned or have just stopped posting since the latest exodus.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, true. I'd imagine there's a club statement with a picture of him signing the contract inbound.

I think they have to announce it on the New York stock exchange.

it could be at the end of their day which would be about 3 hours from now

edit: what bjaelke said

tbf, any team would be better for having Zlatan in it

Indeed. Zlatan is fitter than most early 20 year olds could probably play into his 40's. Anyone that talks in the third person and gets away with it is something a bit special. One of my favourite players pity he is going to the U.

longdi

Banned
Indeed. Zlatan is fitter than most early 20 year olds could probably play into his 40's. Anyone that talks in the third person and gets away with it is something a bit special. One of my favourite players pity he is going to the U.

Or he just is bored of coasting in the French liga..I think a rude shock is coming for him on a cold night at Stoke.

JM likes his strikers to track back...i cant see any old man doing so.

Blablurn

I cry everytime

That's just bad fan fiction now.

That's just bad fan fiction now.

You should read that 11Freunde article on football fan fictions from last year (I think). Those excerpts were cringeworthy as hell.

There's just not enough homoeroticism in my post.
And it's just the truth anyway

Btw, Götze was the 4th best scorer in 3 years under Pep. Only Lewandowski, Müller and Robben scored more. What a wrecked career.
https://twitter.com/OptaFranz/status/735032831835934720

Bla can score 5 goals against the Paulaner Fanelf as well.

Fantastic news about Mou being Utd boss. Means I can go back to hating them with a vengeance instead of feeling slightly sorry for them which never really felt right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom