• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Bayern hell bent on kicking Gotze out the door? I thought it wasn't long ago they would have sold half their fan base just to sign him.
They don't see him on the wing and there's Müller at CAM. Bayern rule number one is: Müller always plays. And even if Müller isn't playing, there's still Thiago and some other players I forgot about who can do the same job for like half of Götze's salary.

They saw him as Bayern's future key player and he earns as much. But actually, he's just not needed and Bayern has always been kinda hard to players they don't need anymore (see pretty much all their previous strikers).

spidye

That interview is the weirdest thing bayern (rummenigge) did in a loooong time. Maybe worse than that facebook stunt 4 years ago.
I'm trying to figure out why he did this?? Who should benefit from this. This made us look like fc hollywood all over again.
Everytime this old senile money loving smuggler opens his mouth shit comes out of it.
Remember europa super league? Even our fans laughed at him

Elchele

That interview is the weirdest thing bayern (rummenigge) did in a loooong time. Maybe worse than that facebook stunt 4 years ago.
I'm trying to figure out why he did this?? Who should benefit from this. This maked us look like fc hollywood all over again.
Everytime this old senile money loving smuggler opens his mouth shit comes out of it.
Remember europa super league? Even our fans laughed at him

Maybe they are trying to make room for someone else, someone Ancelotti asked for. Or they just want to get rid of the fat huge salary cunt

spidye

Maybe they are trying to make room for someone else, someone Ancelotti asked for. Or they just want to get rid of the fat huge salary cunt

bayern really is the last club who has to sell a player just to finance another one. we can afford 2 götzes without dropping a sweat.

la_briola

to: karl-geiz@fcbayern.de
subject: re: please leave

Hi,
bounty-wag.gif

Echte Liebe
Mario

Well, it's pretty easy, isn't it?

Bayern wants him gone and told him so clearly, and they thought he got the message. Now, Götze decides out of nowhere to stay, fires his agent (who told him he should leave) and declares in public he will stay. Now, Rummenigge is pissed and talks shit. That's it.

And really, with all my dislike for Bayern, the only one looking stupid here is Götze.

spidye

Well, it's pretty easy, isn't it?

Bayern wants him gone and told him so clearly, and they thought he got the message. Now, Götze decides out of nowhere to stay, fires his agent (who told him he should leave) and declares in public he will stay. Now, Rummenigge is pissed and talks shit. That's it.

And really, with all my dislike for Bayern, the only one looking stupid here is Götze.

he can say it internally to his face. going through the media just gets us a Serie A-like drama

we are not a berlusconi club dammit

El Topo

he can say it internally to his face. going through the media just screams for a Serie A like drama

we are not a berlusconi club dammit

Indeed. I have enough drama. Where, you ask? Why, at GAF mafia, Season 6 now officially open for signups. You should all check it out.
(I feel dirty for advertising here, but we need a few more participants and new faces are always welcome.)

Back to football: There's a reason FC Hollywood used to be a nickname for Bayern.

Carbonox

I wouldn't mind that Newcastle home shirt if it didn't have that fucking scummy Wonga logo on it. Jesus. It gets bigger each time. Soon the shirt will have nothing but Wonga in bold letters throughout the entire thing.

Kicker's main stories for Thursday (or rather Friday with the holiday) are interesting:

Tuchel wants Schürrle (pls no)
Götze pretty much was gone but it failed (so, Liverpool I guess?)

Jack cw

Damn. Rummenigge is cold blooded.

He would only make such statements if there is a big player coming to us. Götzes salary might block this transfer. There is no other reason for Rummenigge to say this publicly. A talented player completely committing to Bayern should rather make him proud unless his presence would make a deal off. That might sound crazy but I think Bayern is in talks with either Ibrahimovic or maybe James, Hazard, Dybala and the turn of events with Götze now came with a surprise for Bayern.

And he was right. He won titles, he earned a lot of money, he scored the decisive goal in the WC final.
He's half the player he was supposed to become

Depends what players value I guess. Some will be obsessed by trophies, some with money, some with getting the absolute most out of their potential.

Given that Gotze seems to be digging his heels in, I'm not sure he gives a shit about the latter anymore.

I love my country and it's sports teams, but after watching half a season of boring ass LVG Manchester United football...watching this USA vs. Ecuador match is painful.

The difference in overall team quality is glaring.

God...in a country of 400+ million we can't field a better squad than this?

Lunar FC

I love my country and it's sports teams, but after watching half a season of boring ass LVG Manchester United football...watching this USA vs. Ecuador match is painful.

It's fucking depressing man..I'm sooo tired of the old guard, they were mediocre in their primes and just need to fuck off.

In 2010 and 2014 it looked like the immediate future for the USA was pretty bright

Squad looks awful now though, unless there are some hidden stars or exceptional organisation in the team

Lunar FC

I don't think USA is gonna make it out of group stage

If be happy to make it at this point. I got into soccer watching the USMNT in the 2010 WC, and since then not one even semi-star has emerged. Been the same boring but serviceable core and a revolving door of defenders.

El Topo

He's half the player he was supposed to become

Depends what players value I guess. Some will be obsessed by trophies, some with money, some with getting the absolute most out of their potential.

Given that Gotze seems to be digging his heels in, I'm not sure he gives a shit about the latter anymore.

I mean, it is obvious he did not become the player that fans had hoped for, nor did he take steps up in the career ladder, but he's still very young (23) and a very good player.
You know what never disappoints, unlike Götze? Mafia/Werewolf at GAF. Sign up now and get a free, well, you don't get anything for free, but it's still fun. Also we need more participants.

second half squad looks a little better.

I want to like Zardes (he's my daughter's favorite player) but i watch him, after watching Marcus Rashford for 10 games....sheesh.

I like Bobby Wood though.

Dempsey I like, but it took him 12 years to get decent.

God..how did they miss that cross.

The 17 year old slow up just a bit ...would have been his goal.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's a weird decision to stay. Come to a club where you're actually wanted Gotze. Pls. Sounds to me like he's just going to run his contract down so he can join Dortmund on a free.

Also what is Mafia/Werewolf

Blablurn

Rummenigge should just shut up

I hate this guy. I bet he just signs checks and that's it. Every day he should be grateful that he is still #PartOfBayern.

Reschke thooo.. He is the true magician.

Tubie

We have the women's national team to make us proud at least.

They are on a completely different level than the rest of the world, except maybe France/Germany/Japan.

Gambit

Rummenigge should just shut up

I hate this guy. I bet he just signs checks and that's it. Every day he should be grateful that he is still #PartOfBayern.

Reschke thooo.. He is the true magician.

I can actually agree with that. Kalle has never been anything but cold-blooded. He, along with out current leadership, confirm every stereotype fans of other clubs have about Bayern .

Rummenigge, Dreesen, Hopfner might all as well be Audi/Siemens/Monsanto board members instead.

highest salary in the squad after Ribéry.

Not since the latest round of contract renewals. I am pretty sure Müller is our highest paid player now.

Jack cw

To be fair, we had our best era in history since Rummenigge took over. He reacts every season with the right transfers and decisions. He never talked negative about a player that had a contract with us. He is a business man and knows that contracts needs to be respected.

These statements now are very weird. Götze never misbehaved or did something wrong. He always wanted to make it at Bayern. He has one year to go, Rummenigge couldn't care less.

There is definitely something else going on behind closed doors.

Gambit

To be fair, we had our best era in history since Rummenigge took over. He reacts every season with the right transfers and decisions.

The era didn't begin with Rummenigge however. Hoeneß just happened to be elsewhere when it really took off.

Important parts of the era like firing van Gaal (who really started the upswing) where not Kalle's doing. In fact, he extended van Gaal's contract needlessly. Hoeneß fired him and got his close friend Heynckes instead.

He is, of course, doing a good job generally, but not a perfect one, that's for sure. For example, I very much fault him for letting Kroos go, despite Pep and Sammer wanting to keep him.

He never talked negative about a player that had a contract with us. He is a business man and knows that contracts needs to be respected.

Except this time. This is as close to showing him the door as can be. Despite Götze's contract.

But then again we often behaved that way with our strikers and I always considered it wrong. Elber-Makay-Toni-Klose-Gomez...

There is definitely something else going on behind closed doors.

Probably. It's the only explanation.

But even then I don't understand such an interview now. If we get rid of him, we just slashed our sales price. Staying is now almost an untenable situation. All in all, this interview accomplished nothing.

Just let the Euro happen in peace, Kalle.

Jack cw

Keeping the club at this level is harder than come up there. He delegates to the right people and made the right decisions like giving Pep the edge over our terrible medical staff or installing Reschke as actual scout that plans our squad. Nobody is perfect but he wanted Vidal for example and sold Schweini. The Kroos story obviously become this fairytale of evil Bayern getting rid of him. Kroos wanted money nobody else in the club earned, he wasn't that important or a face of the club to justify 15+ million that would have led to problems inside the team. He didn't accept Bayerns offer so he and his agency got a club that paid. If Kroos really wanted to stay here like Götze, he could have done it with a 12 million wage. Anyway, the way Rummenigge handles this is pretty daft unless there is pressure from another players side.

DBT85

Give it 20 years for all the kids who are pulled from Football because of CTE getting more press, to switch to Football and you'll be sorted.

Elchele

It will be very interesting to see how this whole Götze thing pans out. I think there's something very important being 'skipped' by the media in this scenario.

It must be a Ancelotti transfer, almost ready to be announced and it got blocked by Gotze's change of mind.

Selling Kroos was far from being a mistake. Great decision imo

T-Rex.

Banned
Still think the reason the Bayern hierarchy are pissed is because Gotze's agreed to join Dortmund on a free and they'd rather get the cash now and sell him elsewhere than to a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom