• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Betting suspended on Zlatan after a large bet was placed at odds of 1/16 to join Man Utd, Skybet.

I bet it was himself

8x1ZBDL.png

Floody

I suppose but it's got to be annoying seeing the same team come in year after year to sign their better players.

True, honestly I'm kinda finding it a bit annoying that even after Rodgers is gone, we still keep going for their players, they cost too much for mostly just okay players. So their fans probably aren't all that pleased by it either.

T-Rex.

Banned
True, honestly I'm kinda finding it a bit annoying that even after Rodgers is gone, we still keep going for their players, they cost too much for mostly just okay players. So their fans probably aren't all that pleased by it either.
I quite like Mane, but yup. Going from Teix to Gotze to Mane is standard Liverpool really. All that's left is to miss out on Dahoud and end up bidding £25m+ for Drinkwater to cap off our summer window.

longdi

Banned
I don't understand how a club like manyoo is willing to pay Jose £5m for not giving him a job by 1may?

Wtf is this weird employment logic while the rest of us is fighting for a better job?

Brinbe

Fuck this feels good. For the first time in three years, since the day before Sir Alex retired, we're finally a respectable club once again. Because say what you want about his antics/attitude, he is a manager that commands respect from his opposition and will have his men ready to play. That alone is a vast difference from the two previous managers we had in charge. So wipe the Moyes/LVG era from the memory banks (except for the FA CUP) and pretend they just hired Mou straight away lol. Better days are on the way.

Floody

Next season has so much potential to be amazing, so many great managers competing against each other, with the crazy BPL money.

Do wonder how much will Mou throw out from Van Gaal's team though.

Beefy

Next season has so much potential to be amazing, so many great managers competing against each other, with the crazy BPL money.

Do wonder how much will Mou throw out from Van Gaal's team though.

I think Schneiderlin could be in trouble. Seeing as they still owe us money on the deal I wouldn't mind him back.

10m and we'll take him

10m and part of his contract is not to make weird videos.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we're after Mane now we've missed out on Gotze lol. Sorry Southampton fans. You guys must hate us.

I said it last season but if someone wants Mane they need to be prepared to let him play the way he does at Saints otherwise it's not going to work. He needs the freedom to run around and it works for Saints because there's two more attackers and a solid midfield but if you expect him to slot in as a lone striker or something it's going to end poorly.

I think Schneiderlin could be in trouble. Seeing as they still owe us money on the deal I wouldn't mind him back.

I'd have him back. He's wasted at Utd.

Beefy

I said it last season but if someone wants Mane they need to be prepared to let him play the way he does at Saints otherwise it's not going to work. He needs the freedom to run around and it works for Saints because there's two more attackers and a solid midfield but if you expect him to slot in as a lone striker or something it's going to end poorly.

Yep. Then he will sulk and it will get even worse.

24hr

Super excited for next EPL season to get started. Hopefully Arsenal will pull out a couple of good signings while Man Ure pull off none.

Floody

I actually forgot he joined United, yeah could see you getting him back, he's been poop at United.

Do wonder what type of curse you put on your leaving players though, almost all of them go completely average once they leave.

Carbonox

Are the image rights sorted? Does that mean Man Utd won't have to call him Joe Marine instead? That's a shame.

Where's doicare? I wonder what his thoughts are.

T-Rex.

Banned
Will take a lot of money.

£25m + Ibe + Ojo thanx.
Ibe is potentially a really solid PL level player, it's just he needs to use his head more. He gets the ball and can run with it but he's frustrating to watch because often he'll just run into players or pick the wrong option. Could just be a confidence thing though and he's only young so will get better.

It sounds like it'll be a 4231 with Mane playing as a wide forward. He does offer qualities we currently lack but it's not guaranteed we're getting him anyway. Utd and Spurs are also after him apparently.

Elchele

Looks like we'll wait after the Euro to sell him, hoping for a price rise and more interest :lol

he is never leaving

DBT85

I think he could be exactly the kind of player Joanne Maureeno wants holding the centre. His stats at Southampton were better than Matic that season.

Can hardly blame many for being shit under gaal.

RiggyRob

Pls, Schneiderlin is probably Mourinho's favourite type of player.

Blind is the one who should be worried, at best he'll be back-up LB to Shaw.

Beefy

Pls, Schneiderlin is probably Mourinho's favourite type of player.

Blind is the one who should be worried, at best he'll be back-up LB to Shaw.

I hope you are right and Morgan is a success for you. He deserves his chance after staying with us so long. Part of me just thinks Mourinho will want more establish players to come in.

Carbonox

Papiss Cisse wants to stay at Newcastle. That's not how it works lad. Please go to China and make billions.

he wants some of dat rafa history that'll be made

McCormack, Armstrong, Mitrovic and Perez are all we need in the Championship.

As for Riviere, my garden needs attending to and he's not good for much else so...

Jarnet87

Would United of hired Jose if Pep hadn't gone to City.

There were rumors they were attempting to go after him but it's been one of the worst kept secrets in football that if Pep came to the Prem it would be City. Arab money to spend without a single hesitation and txiki begiristain is the director of football there.

I think he could be exactly the kind of player Joanne Maureeno wants holding the centre. His stats at Southampton were better than Matic that season.

Can hardly blame many for being shit under gaal.

If he can't do it under Mou then good riddance.

la_briola

FC Hollywood is back!

Football boss Carlo Ancelotti confirms Star Trek role
In a piece of bizarre casting, Italian football coach Carlo Ancelotti will be making an appearance in summer blockbuster movie Star Trek Beyond.

The Bayern Munich boss - who has formerly managed the likes of Real Madrid, Juve, Milan and Chelsea - was rumoured to have filmed scenes last year, and he has now confirmed the casting.

"I am a doctor on the Enterprise," he told Sky Sports. "The husband of actress Zoe Saldana is Italian, and I have a good relationship with the family.

"They were in Vancouver to film the movie, and they asked me to watch.I went, spoke to the director, and he said: 'I'll put you in - small part'."
-- https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/20...boss-carlo-ancelotti-confirms-star-trek-role/

RIP Elchele, you fool!
tears.gif

There were rumors they were attempting to go after him but it's been one of the worst kept secrets in football that if Pep came to the Prem it would be City. Arab money to spend without a single hesitation and txiki begiristain is the director of football there.

I should have been more precise with my words but lets say Pep decided to stay at Bayern, go on another sabbatical, retire or join another club like Juve would United still gone after Mou?

Personally I'm not sure, I remember the reactions about him being a potential candidate when Fergie left the job and bar a few people the reaction was overall negative. Maybe Ancelotti would have been a preferable option or even kept LvG on for the last year. With this being the first real chance for any club to tap into China there is no way United could have afforded City to hit that market without some sort of challenge and ultimately Jose is the best option even if it does fly in the face of what has been said in the past, it actually makes it better for both clubs in the market by giving a heavy dose of theatrics.

RiggyRob

Present to Cameron for being such a dedicated fan?

I used to have a soft spot for West Ham. They can die in a fire for all I care now. This is disgusting.

To be fair, it's more of a Tory problem than anything else - the club can't really help who owns and runs it.

If only supporters had more control over their clubs...

Pachimari

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow final, not too much actually, as it brings back memories of my ex and that wonderful moment from when we won the last Champions League but I gotta try and enjoy this tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom