• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
What's the issue? That West Ham's wealthy owners used the club to pass a donation to a political party?

The government just basically gifted them a 60,000 seater state of the art stadium for £2.5m a year. Over the hundred year lease, they won't even end up paying the value of the stadium. They don't even need to cover police costs on matchdays.

People thought the deal stunk of something like this before that donation was known about.

EmiPrime

The government just basically gifted them a 60,000 seater state of the art stadium for £2.5m a year. Over the hundred year lease, they won't even end up paying the value of the stadium. They don't even need to cover police costs on matchdays.

People thought the deal stunk of something like this before that donation was known about.

Also West Ham's Vice Chairman (Karren Brady) is a fairly high profile Tory and she negotiated the stadium deal. She is now a Tory life peer in the House of Lords.

The whole thing stinks.

Godan

Being a Scotsman I think when I watch the England games during the Euros I will have it on mute. Commentators are just so biased.

Beefy

We can't defend at all. Least our games aren't going to be boring.

We also have no midfield. Henderson and Wilshere haven't even touched the ball.

EmiPrime

Didn't know that. Fucking hell, this is ridiculous.

Probably only the tip of the iceberg too.

We can't afford to treat disabled people with dignity but apparently we can afford to give away an olympic stadium for free.

Fuck the Tories.

Fuck Bayern

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nike deal finally happened with spurs

T6v5iSD.png

if these happen I'll legit cry.

We can't defend at all. Least our games aren't going to be boring.

We also have no midfield. Henderson and Wilshere haven't even touched the ball.
I'm not watching but it's no shocker our defense is really lacking in general. CBs are constantly playing catch up, such a pain when our great attacking force becomes such a weakness on the counter. Get that bloody 6 second rule in.

Syder

I used to have a soft spot for West Ham. They can die in a fire for all I care now. This is disgusting.
Just remember, before anyone disparages West Ham fans, none of us wanted to leave Upton Park. I'd have much rather we built up the East Stand. As a taxpayer I'd rather the stadium was being used by a Premier League club (so not Leyton Orient) and the committee deciding wanted the place available for athletics (which Spurs didn't want to do). We've got a ridiculously good deal but we were really the only appropriate candidates in the first place.

Nike deal finally happened with spurs

T6v5iSD.png
Yo, those look tiiiiiight.

So Wolfsburg buying from the competition. Poor Bundesliga.

Indeed.

They payed far too much though. ^^

Now we gotta do something with those 13 million Euros.

Eines Tages, eines Tages, eines Taaaages wirds geschehen
Und dann fahren wir nach Mailand um den F C Köln zu sehen!

And this was done because of a 12k donation? Would it have been OK if Labour was in gov?

King_Moc

Banned
And this was done because of a 12k donation? Would it have been OK if Labour was in gov?

But they weren't in government?

Also, yes. The Tories have done this repeatedly with private medical firms, so why not a football team? Or can you make an argument that that's somehow a good deal for anyone other than West Ham?

Pachimari

There's less than 24 hours till the Champions League finale. We should be talking about it, and not just talk about how one is not excited about it.

I for one hope, that we are gonna win this one tonight, not only to wash away my memories of my ex a little from the last one won, but also to cheer me up while I have been truly depressed since the end of January. So I hope we clinch it again this time, no disrespect toward Atletico of course.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
There's less than 24 hours till the Champions League finale. We should be talking about it, and not just talk about how one is not excited about it.
I for one hope, that we are gonna win this one tonight, not only to wash away my memories of my ex a little from the last one won, but also to cheer me up while I have been truly depressed since the end of January. So I hope we clinch it again this time, no disrespect toward Atletico of course.

Because Euros? Because two spanish teams? Because opinions?

Syder

ksi is a pundit for bt sport for the final

why
because BT's football coverage is totally fucking amateur (see: 'Fletch & Sav'). What better way to represent your family show than to have a man-child famous for his 'rape face' do punditry for you?

Jack cw

Lewa and his agents starting a scene again :lol

Have fun, BayernGAF. It will be annoying as hell.
Why? If he wants to earn twice the money then he should do it. I would too. 25 million is sick and something we could never pay to a single player.
Since he has a contract until 2019 he won't be cheap. 100 million+ is what they have to come up with. That would be a hilarious deal for a player that came free. I'd do it and get Morata, Dybala, Benzema, Lukaku, etc. There are decent strikers to replace him. Not his class but good enough.

Why? If he wants to earn twice the money then he should do it. I would too. 25 million is sick and something we could never pay to a single player.
Since he has a contract until 2019 he won't be cheap. 100 million+ is what they have to come up with. That would be a hilarious deal for a player that came free. I'd do it and get Morata, Dybala, Benzema, Lukaku, etc. There are decent strikers to replace him. Not his class but good enough.

Bayern Munich star in Bedeuten Maschine

Big time Aussie supporter here. I watched the game this morning and was pretty disappointed.

However, cant see England doing too well at Euros based on that performance. Their defense is pretty shakey. They were lucky that they came up against us with four or five of our forwards unavailable. They kid who played up front for us was his first game and he still plays in the A-league.

Also, Mooy (the bald midfielder) still plays in the A-league. Hopefully there are some potential takers after this game.

Rogic going to Arsenal for 7m pounds also seems reasonable based on his ability against EPL opposition midfielders.

who cares

we just buy aubameyang then
He'd flop so hard at Bayern, it would be sad,

Robert Lewandowski extends his contract with Bayern Munich until 2021.
Hala Madrid!

Beefy

Hopefully KSI isn't on the CL TV version much. BT have basically killed CL in one season. I wonder what the viewing figures are?

"For the first time in my life, I was expecting an injury. Because the situation and the hassle about the transfer was very wearing and thus, I felt it in my body."
Mats Hummels on his injury in the cup final.

0bb821a2ef5d31971547db4591d108b2_100_100.png

Hopefully KSI isn't on the CL TV version much. BT have basically killed CL in one season. I wonder what the viewing figures are?
Terrible apparently. Which is why they're showing it on YouTube for free. Only good thing about BT Sport is their European Football Show, but if i remember correctly that stopped in the knockout rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom