• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"For the first time in my life, I was expecting an injury. Because the situation and the hassle about the transfer was very wearing and thus, I felt it in my body."
Mats Hummels on his injury in the cup final.

0bb821a2ef5d31971547db4591d108b2_100_100.png

Injured right in the feels...

Floody

Get French Football @GFFN
Breaking | Mamadou Sakho set to be cleared of doping & to receive no further punishment, according to L'Équipe.

Great news if true, would feel really bad for Sakho though, Nike dumped him, missed a Final, will probably miss the Euros in his own country and branded a cheat.

bjaelke

From UEFA:
“The 30-day provisional suspension ends today. The chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body decided not to extend it. The player would thus be free to play as from tomorrow. A decision on the case will be made within the next few days.”

Floody

I dunno but I'd say if they have any chance of including him, they'd probably take it.

I don't really know much about the French squad, is he by far their 1st choice CB? Be great if they do though. Could just see them not wanting to risk it being a false report and him getting suspended again.

From UEFA:
Didn't know UEFA said they'll make a decision in the next few days,could be 100% cleared in time then.

I don't really know much about the French squad, his he by far their 1st choice CB? Be great if they do though. Could just see them not wanting to risk it being a false report and him getting suspended again.
Deschamps is a big fan of him apparently, but it'd mean dropping someone who thought they were going, to be replaced by someone who hasn't played in months

One of those odd situations where if he's cleared, it's even more of a mess than it would be if it was a routine ban.

Floody

Deschamps is a big fan of him apparently, but it'd mean dropping someone who thought they were going, to be replaced by someone who hasn't played in months

One of those odd situations where if he's cleared, it's even more of a mess than it would be if it was a routine ban.

I haven't even thought of it like that, what a really shitty situation. If cleared what a complete fuck up by UEFA.

norinrad

I haven't even thought of it like that, what a really shitty situation. If cleared what a complete fuck up by UEFA.

Heh UEFA. They will just place it under we were doing our jobs and the outcome was unfortunate. That's how they get away with stuff.

Beefy

@SkySportsNewsHQ

BREAKING NEWS: France international Lassana Diarra ordered to pay a £6.8m fine to former club Lokomotiv Moscow by CAS.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't think Atlético is going to get a chance as good as this one to win a CL.

I don't think Atlético is going to get a chance as good as this one to win a CL.

Same thing was said in 2014. And now they have a very young squad and foundation and had a very tough year with Barca and Bayern. They could have a much easier time in the next draw and with the addition of a decent striker rather than the utter relic Torres is.

Unlucky for Atletico

Offside goal, missed penalty, losing on penalty shootouts etc. just wasn't their day

Carrasco and Gabi were brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom