• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

longdi

Banned
So Spain, Italy, England, Germany and Netherlands, in decreasing order of how many UCL & Europa Cups the nation clubs have won.

Spain stretching that lead in the next 3-4 seasons.
I don't see Italy catching up soon.

Tubie

For next season I just hope Zidane is able to rest CR7 more during the season so he can be at 100% for the most important games.

And holy fuck Casemiro, I hope he's not sacrificed by Florentino like he did with Makelele.

bjaelke

Cjk1FjYW0AA0QtZ.jpg:orig

Klopp after hearing the Sahko news.

Zieler is going to Leicester. Too lazy to translate myself:
Ron-Robert Zieler has exercised its option right enshrined in the Treaty and Hannover 96 informed that he will travel to the English champions Leicester City to perform there contract talks . In addition, the 27 -year-old goalkeeper will complete the sports medical examinations in England .
https://www.hannover96.de/aktuelles...gezogen-zieler-fuehrt-vertragsgespraeche.html
The clause was supposed to be 3.5m euros. Dude was second in line after Neuer at the WC14 and is still one of the best keeper in the Bundesliga even though his team was relegated.

I fully expect Leicester to continue to bargain shop in the Bundesliga.

/Also congrats Madridistas, you spoiled cunts.
//https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/736680079141548033
XwPTPgR.png

Zieler's move is so strange.

Is Schmeichel expected to leave? Or is he in question?

I bet he was promised a fair competition with Schmeichel over the first team spot or something along the lines of you = Europe & cup, Schmeichel = league.
Leicester now has two viable keeper alternatives which is neat.

Pulisic goal

Liverpool target scouting:
Mahmoud Dahoud vs Eintracht Frankfurt (H) 15-16 - YouTube
As you can see he's not bad, but needs more refinement. And with his physique I feel like he would get murdered in the PL...

Sadio Mane vs Man City (H) 15-16 - YouTube
Sadio Mane vs Arsenal (H) 15-16 - YouTube
Looks pretty meh to me. And he's supposed to be the alternative to Goatze? They're different types of players though.
/Well, maybe he's not that bad after all. So that "meh" depends on the price. He seems like a striker who was turned into a winger, too straight forward in his actions. Bet he'd suck in Europe, but would probably help Liverpool in PL.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Looks pretty meh to me. And he's supposed to be the alternative to Goatze? They're different types of players though.
/Well, maybe he's not that bad after all. So that "meh" depends on the price. He seems like a striker who was turned into a winger, too straight forward in his actions. Bet he'd suck in Europe, but would probably help Liverpool in PL.

Liverpool really need to look further afield than Southampton... again. This would be the seventh player in two season. It's embarrassing when we finish above them.

Beefy

According to a few papers we have rejected a £25m bid from Liverpool and he wants to stay. Also how can you judge him over Youtube clips? On his day Mane can rip a team apart.

According to a few papers we have rejected a £25m bid from Liverpool and he wants to stay. Also how can you judge him over Youtube clips? On his day Mane can rip a team apart.

Well, those are full game clips, not highlights and therefore allow for a better judgement. From those he seems quite limited, but you clearly know him better than I do.
Anyhow, at that price he'd probably be a good transfer - especially since he has proven himself in the PL. So rejecting that offer was probably a good decision.

Beefy

Well, those are full game clips, not highlights and therefore allow for a better judgement. From those he seems quite limited, but you clearly know him better than I do.
Anyhow, at that price he'd probably be a good transfer - especially since he has proven himself in the PL. So rejecting that offer was probably a good decision.

He is very erratic that is his only real problem. If people watch him play and it is one of his poor games he will get judged as being poor and only having pace. But at the same time him being erratic is what makes him as dangerous as he is. On a good day him being unpredictable actually enhances his play

He is very erratic that is his only real problem. If people watch him play and it is one of his poor games he will get judged as being poor and only having pace. But at the same time hime being erratic is what makes him as dangerous as he is. On a good day him being unpredictable actually enhances his play

That's ...not normally something to write home about :D
(I get it though)

Stoke and Sunderland want Subotic apparently and have both spoke to his agents.
If he stays healthy they'll be getting a CL grade CB at a bargain price of max 10m euros. Wish Leicester or Liverpool were bidding too so the price could go up to 15m or even 15m + bonuses.

/Dat Passlack once more.

Rumour is Liverpool is after Oxlade-Chamberlain, please no.

Liverpool really need to look further afield than Southampton... again. This would be the seventh player in two season. It's embarrassing when we finish above them.

You finish one season above us in a season where Liverpool prioritise the Europa League over the PL and suddenly you think your team is better than Liverpool? lol please don't kid yourself. There is nothing embarrassing about it.

Rumour is Liverpool is after Oxlade-Chamberlain, please no.

God no. He's exactly the kind of player we already have, and need to avoid. Good pace, decent technically, but still doesn't have that 'it' factor that consistently wins games.

Jesus, all I want is some form of consistency next season. No players becoming invisible shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom