• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dortmund is a big team with great players. After a little crisis, they recovered this year. I have a great respect for BVB. Everyone is swooning over the great atmosphere and the huge stadium in Dortmund. I'll take it as compliment when I'm linked with this club."
Shkodran Mustafi

RIP shitty bild "rumors"

Jack cw

BILD wasn't so bad with Hummels, Gündogan, Dembele, MIckytarian and Toprak. Völler basically confirmed Dortmunds bids. Apparently BILD wants to see BVB burn.
Oh and another BILD:
Bellarabi and Brandt are out of the final squad for France according to them.
Can't wait for Völlers reaction if true :D

BILD wasn't so bad with Hummels, Gündogan, Dembele, MIckytarian and Toprak. Völler basically confirmed Dortmunds bids. Apparently BILD wants to see BVB burn.

Well, it's still sad to see people falling for Bild's bullshit.

I mean, of course you're "right" if you name drop 10 players a club wants to sign in a few articles. Doesn't mean you've known something, though.

DerZuhälter;205148745 said:
Dortmund falling apart. 22M for Toprak is insanity. Not even worth half it.

You have the worst opinions in this thread. You're like the German doicare :O

Toprak is ok, probably the best German-speaking option next to Mustafi.

Damn, that really fucking sucks for Reus. I'd like to know what's the injury, though. Didn't sound serious at all in the last week.

And now Khedira needs to comment on the injury because Löw didn't feel like making comments about the players he sent home? Although it doesn't seem like Khedira really knows whats up. Löw really is something else.

Apparently yes.
I really pitty him. This guy will never ever win anything in football.

Even in the worst situations with that Dortmund hate. I really pity you.

You have the worst opinions in this thread. You're like the German doicare :O

Toprak is ok, probably the best German-speaking option next to Mustafi.

I just see the truth more clearly than others. Furthermore I never said Toprak was shit. Just not worth 22M. Especially when you consider what Bayern pays for Hummels. Not even with Toprak's signature still wet on a Leverkusen extension.

Gambit

Fuck. that really sucks for Reus.

I don't quite understand it either. Did he send home four when he only needed to reduce it by 3?

Why not take the chance with Reus?

Beefy

CjxwOlwVEAEEvg2.jpg

Pogboom

Jack cw

Fuck. that really sucks for Reus.

I don't quite understand it either. Did he send home four when he only needed to reduce it by 3?

Why not take the chance with Reus?

His injury is apparently bigger than those of Schweini and Hummels. The fact that he wasn't part of the team in 2014 played a role in his decision too. His health is most important though.

DerZuhälter;205154719 said:
I just see the truth more clearly than others. Furthermore I never said Toprak was shit. Just not worth 22M. Especially when you consider what Bayern pays for Hummels. Not even with Toprak's signature still wet on a Leverkusen extension.
I don't quite understand.

Bayern paid 10m too much for Hummels.
Dortmund pays 7-10m too much for Toprak (if it's true, which it probably isn't).

DerZuhälter;205154719 said:

Leverkusen knows we've received 38m for Hummels with one year left on his contract, Toprak has two years left. He may be overvalued at that price, but still one of the best German speaking options. Whom would you suggest at 22m or less?
It's a very risk-averse transfer imho.

his assist for giroud was nice

https://streamable.com/o5d3

la_briola

Leverkusen knows we've received 38m for Hummels with one year left on his contract, Toprak has two years left. He may be overvalued at that price, but still one of the best German speaking options. Whom would you suggest at 22m or less?

[...]

Hübner

Süle, Brooks, Tah?
I just feel like Toprak is already at his skill ceiling. He'll never be above average. And that ain't something worth 22M.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Danny Drinkwater and Andros Townsend got dropped then. That sucks.

Don't really think they need Sturridge and Wilshere shouldn't be anywhere near this team

Floody

Feel for Drinkwater, thought he did enough to make the squad. Odds on Wilshere and Sturridge both getting injured? Might throw a few quid on it.

I think I'd rather see Andros Townsend come off the bench trying to make a difference than Adam Lallana.

Please let this be the last we see of Wayne Rooney and James Milner.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;205160619 said:
Süle, Brooks, Tah?
I just feel like Toprak is already at his skill ceiling. He'll never be above average. And that ain't something worth 22M.

Toprak is more complete than those 3 talents.
Sure, Dortmund could go for a talent, but they need a proper defender with international experience and skill. If german speaking is a criteria, then the list is pretty short. Maybe Badstuber, but not many more options on the market for under 25 million. I seriously doubt that Tah would be cheaper than Toprak.

sora87

Lol @ these Higuain stories, apparently wants a move to anfield and is surprised an offer hasn't been made yet.
Also Gotze apparently spotted looking at houses on merseyside. It certainly is that time of the year folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom