• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this lovely kit today, got Suarez on it because obviously.

Barcelona_2016-17_Kit.jpg

Best kit we have had in years.

Dang. Wish I could get one with Deco's name in the back or Xavi.

Think I'll get Iniesta

Clydefrog

No one huge is gonna get traded before the international summer tournaments.

Super-stars are already super-stars. Their prices aren't going to flux that much. Their prices are more than likely to go down since some will inevitably flop during the tournament. Real will steal Lewa for 99 million euros.

Jack cw

Too bad Bayern wont sell them. Alaba just extended until 2021 and Lewandowski will be 30 when he leaves us. You can have Benatia and Götze though.

Jack cw

Well, fortunately, they didn't really start until the last summer for us. And it was annoying as hell already because his agents were pissed we didn't let him leave.

This is just two years in. I could see this becoming very ugly.
Why? You think Lewandowski starts playing shit and makes Kindergarten all the time? What use would that have. A behavior like this damages him the most. We couldn't care less. The club and fans are pretty relaxed.

Tubie

Would probably end in a Lewa-James trade with some cash added on top of James tho.

Ancelotti wants James really bad.

Jack cw

Spanish papers are saying 50 for each.

And that Lewa is specially trying to force his exit.
It's bullshit though. Rummenigge said that no player with long term contract will be sold in the future. Lewandowskis value is around 70 million alone, 3 years contract left, so to reach Bayerns attention Pérez needs to offer at least 100 million. Same for Alaba who just recently extended until 2021. The chance you had 2009 to get Ribery was lightyears bigger than getting those two now. They are basically our Bale and Ramos.

Jack cw

Would probably end in a Lewa-James trade with some cash added on top of James tho.

Ancelotti wants James really bad.
Nope. And we never did any trades. It wont happen.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03vp0j8?ocid=socialflow_facebook
Carlo confirms there wont be any new signings this summer at Bayern.
We will only sell some bench players.
Sanches and Hummels were his wishes and Bayern bought them. James and all are simply media made up names.

Tubie

are you still taking as.com serious?

They have been right before tho.

Not saying its a sure thing, but it tells you where Flo and Co. might be heading into.

And ok BayernGAF don't freak out, it's just the first few reports... although if more come in the coming weeks, then you really need to take it seriously.

Why? You think Lewandowski starts playing shit and makes Kindergarten all the time? What use would that have. A behavior like this damages him the most. We couldn't care less. The club and fans are pretty relaxed.
Yeah, I believe he and his agents will start some kindergarten stuff like you call it.

Bayern isn't big enough for Lewa. He wants to go to Real, always has.

bjaelke

Will be interesting to see if United are willing to pay €5m for Monchi. We were briefly linked with him before the United rumours started gaining traction.
Hopefully we can get the Euro 2016 thread unlocked soon, it would be nice if we could get the OP updated with the 23 man squads too.

Here's the Spain squad if anyone hasn't seen it.

1 week before the event starts. Been that way for some time.

Tubie

If I was Florentino, I would pay 100m for Lewa and the 30m clause for Morata.

Let's go all in for La Duodecima.

Jack cw

Stop with the fact checking, start reading AS and The Sun.
The lewa story is true at least that his agent talked to Real but in the end there is no chance he will leave this summer. And I think that is done to get higher wages from Bayern.
And ok BayernGAF don't freak out, it's just the first few reports... although if more come in the coming weeks, then you really need to take it seriously.
Fair enough, but these are the same stories everytime. Ronaldo to PSG, Neymar to City, Bale to United, Ramos to Bayern, Lewandowski to Real etc. Those players wont leave unless their situation changes dramatically.
Yeah, I believe he and his agents will start some kindergarten stuff like you call it.
If we were not big enough he would have gone to Real instead Bayern. He signed 5 years with no buy out clause. All he could hope for at the moment is higher salary with an extension or sitting out his contract if Bayern insists. I don't think that our board needs money, or is in any case bkackmailable.

Tubie

I would happily pay 100m+ for Lewa.

Benz and Lewa up top, holy shit I'm fucking turned on right now.

Buy someone that can sub in as a LB and a RB and we got La Duodecima.

If we were not big enough he would have gone to Real instead Bayern. He signed 5 years with no buy out clause. All he could hope for at the moment is higher salary with an extension or sitting out his contract if Bayern insists. I don't think that our board needs money, or is in any case bkackmailable.
Don't underestimate them. They've got Lewa's career planned through. Lewa always had short stays to make the next step, despite long contracts. BVB and Bayern obviously have more power to make him stay than his previous clubs. That's why I think they already started with the Madrid talk. There's no transfer this summer. They're doing the work for 2017 or 2018 already and for a price like 100m, why would Bayern say no? He's not that important for them and a replacement could be find easily for that money. Especially if Lewa starts talking shit and makes it clear he doesn't want to stay.

Tubie

Atletico is getting ready to spend at least 150-200m in signings this year alone in order to keep Simeone.

This transfer season is going to be fucking crazy.

Jack cw

Don't underestimate them. They've got Lewa's career planned through. Lewa always had short stays to make the next step, despite long contracts. BVB and Bayern obviously have more power to make him stay than his previous clubs. That's why I think they already started with the Madrid talk. There's no transfer this summer. They're doing the work for 2017 or 2018 already.
That is alright. Maybe the market in 17 or 18 has better strikers compared to this summer. Selling Lewandowski for even 150 million would leave us weakened because there is no alternative we could get. But we will see, Rummenigge said to Kicker on Monday that Bayern and Lewandowskis agent work on an extension. Next summer is far away.

Tubie

That is alright. Maybe the market in 17 or 18 has better strikers compared to this summer. Selling Lewandowski for even 150 million would leave us weakened because there is no alternative we could get. But we will see, Rummenigge said to Kicker on Monday that Bayern and Lewandowskis agent work on an extension. Next summer is far away.

I know I am biased but 100m for a striker that doesn't want to play for you is always a good deal for Real.

Jack cw

I know I am biased but 100m for a striker that doesn't want to play for you is always a good deal for Real.
Nobody said that he doesn't want to play for us. He played a hell of a year for Dortmund even though he agreed to join Bayern the year before. Lewandowski is a pro and he will play here until his contract expires if necessary. It's not like he plays relegation games in a second division club.

Tubie

Nobody said that he doesn't want to play for us. He played a hell of a year for Dortmund even though he agreed to join Bayern the year before. Lewandowski is a pro and he will play here until his contract expires if necessary. It's not like he plays relegation games in a second division club.

I'm sorry man, but it will be hard to keep him if Flo comes calling.

Madrid has the money to make him one of the best paid and also win a CL cup.

la_briola

They have been right before tho.

Not saying its a sure thing, but it tells you where Flo and Co. might be heading into.

Yeah, I know, but they make up so much shit. :lol

If I read it on kicker/bbc/(good spanish paper)/(good italian paper) its most likely solid.

Makeda

How long does Gotze have on his contract at Bayern BundesligaGAF?
From all the reports I've read, he's not going to be a part of their plans for next season so was wondering how much of this is just attention seeking & looking for another club to make a move (instead of him) or a case of Mario simply trying to run down his contract.

From all the reports I've read, he's not going to be a part of their plans for next season so was wondering how much of this is just attention seeking & looking for another club to make a move (instead of him) or a case of Mario simply trying to run down his contract.
No big club wants him. He'll probably sit out the contract which runs until next year.

And then leave for Kloppo (hopefully)

Jack cw

We are right behind you and overtook Barca. Sure, you could pay more salary but in this case we dictate how this story ends. I remember all the talk with Ribery and how he was basically your player. We are are no selling club. Pérez knows this.
Götzes contract ends on the 1st of July 2017.
Nobody, not even he knows what his current plans are.

Gambit

not really. he has a contract, Bayern doesn't need money. The end.

Like Mourinho said, they are one of the three clubs that only sell who they want to sell.

Makeda

No big club wants him. He'll probably sit out the contract which runs until next year.

And then leave for Kloppo (hopefully)

Perfect!

Hope he comes over to LFC once the contract is up, would be fantastic to see him link up with Jurgen again & more importantly see us having a bit more flexibility to our game in the #10 role rather than simply relying on a one-off piece of magic from Coutinho when it's not going well.

Although, I wouldn't be that surprised if Chelsea end up getting him in the end :p

Gambit

lol

No, you didn't

Apparently we did according to that ridiculous UEFA ranking. But in any other way, prestige, success, quality of football we did not.

In fact, I'd say Barca is still No 1 despite Real's win.

Holy shit! that would be an insane price for Rode. Hope it's true, haha.

But I also wish Rode the best, even if that is at Dortmund.

Tubie

I've seen the rumor. €50m for Alaba? Is that a joke bid?

You would think at least some English club would be desperate enough. Götze is still pretty damn good.

El Real Madrid ya ha movido ficha por David Alaba, lateral zurdo del Bayern Múnich (23 años) y ya ha ofrecido 50 millones de euros por él. José Ángel Sánchez, director general del club blanco, está siendo la persona encargada de liderar la operación ya se ha reunido varias veces en Viena con el padre del jugador, George Alaba, que lleva los asuntos contractuales de su hijo. En cada uno de esos encuentros, el Madrid ha recibido una respuesta positiva en relación al deseo del jugador de recalar en el Bernabéu, pese a que amplió su contrato con el Bayern hasta 2021 (vencía en 2018).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom