• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

They most likely used their random transfer sum generator again. When they put it online, they realized themselves how ridiculous that is :lol

I think Rode can be decent for us. I just don't know where the hell he's supposed to play.

He will replace Bender
and Weigl, well the former for sure.

The real question is: who will replace Ilkay?

not really. he has a contract, Bayern doesn't need money. The end.

Like Mourinho said, they are one of the three clubs that only sell who they want to sell.

Jup, he's an impossible signing. I like Alaba a lot, but why would Bayern ever sell him.
But, we must not forget that most agents release these rumors to get a better contract, just like Lewandowski's agent is doing (we see it every year with lots of players).

And why would Real buy Lewandowski if they can buy back Morata for 30 million (a transfer fee that's low nowadays for such a player).

That said, apart from Morata, Real should also bid for Pogba imo. I know that's something probably everyone says who's a fan of a big budget club, but how many times is such a player on the tranfer market? You could even sell some players for him like James.

Pachimari

Bought this lovely kit today, got Suarez on it because obviously.

Barcelona_2016-17_Kit.jpg

Best kit we have had in years.

Is that their new jerseys for next season?

---

What we need to do in Madrid, with the upcoming 1 year ban, is to get a back up left back (Rodrigo Rodriguez from Wulfsburg would fit in) and a back up striker, which won't be Morata. We need to look elsewhere. I wouldn't mind buying a right back either, and selling Danilo, but he'll get the season to prove himself. I also don't understand why we should sell James already.

Your top signings are BVB players.

Barca signs Neymar and Suarez.

Ich will mit Würde sterben (I want to die with dignity)

No agreement on Rode transfer according to his agent. Agent, pls, block the transfer.
Rode-Update
Der Wechsel von Sebastian Rode zum BVB ist laut Bild perfekt. Inklusive Bonuszahlungen könne die Ablösesumme für den Mittelfeldspieler demnach bis zu 25 Millionen Euro betragen, realistisch ist ein Sockelbetrag von 12 bis 15 Millionen. Rodes Berater Branko Panic widersprach der Darstellung aber beim SID und erklärte, es bestehe keine Einigung. Ja was denn nun?
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...ern-jagt-johannes-eggestein-werder-juwel.html

Is that their new jerseys for next season?

---

What we need to do in Madrid, with the upcoming 1 year ban, is to get a back up left back (Rodrigo Rodriguez from Wulfsburg would fit in) and a back up striker, which won't be Morata. We need to look elsewhere. I wouldn't mind buying a right back either, and selling Danilo, but he'll get the season to prove himself. I also don't understand why we should sell James already.

True, forgot the 1 year ban, that said Pepe is the only 'old' player at 33 and they indeed need a backup for the left wing. R. Rodriguez is rumored for years now, but he's going to cost a lot of money.
Let's also not forget about Coentrao, maybe he's a cheap option and should be good enough for the next 2 years.
Real Madrid plays +- 70 matches a year, you can have 2 good strikers. Benzema has been injury prone the last year and having a good striker on the bench is something Real Madrid really needs, not some Chicharito type backup. Morata will play enough matches.
And I'm not saying we must sell James, just that I wouldn't mind selling him if we get a player like Pogba, who's transfer probably isn't achievable without selling a big player.
I agree with Danilo, just give him some time.

Pachimari

Let's also not forget about Coentrao, maybe he's a cheap option and should be good enough for the next 2 years.

He won't even last a year. He's prone to injury and made of glass.

Real Madrid plays +- 70 matches a year, you can have 2 good strikers. Benzema has been injury prone the last year and having a good striker on the bench is something Real Madrid really needs, not some Chicharito type backup. Morata will play enough matches.

The thing is, as much as Morata wants to play for Real Madrid, he don't want to be back up to Benzema, He wants more playing time. He left, because he didn't get enough playing time. He isn't coming back. But yes I agree, we need a top class striker.

AS now reports that Juventus and Real Madrid will meet beginning next week for Morata. I think it's pretty simple, or Juventus will pay some money to buy Real out of the buy-back clause, or Real Madrid will buy him back for 30 million.
I think Real Madrid will buy him back, in times where strikers as Benteke are sold for 45(?) million, Morata should be a quality investment, even if they want to sell him again after the transfer.
(Rumors are that Arsenal and PSG want to pay 65 million for him.)

Pachimari

There's no doubt, that we will buy Morata free from Juventus and sell him to an interested party. I'm really interested in where he will end up.

Our top signings came from Real, Bilbao and Juventus. Our biggest guns are from our own youth. Now pls go and buy a Rode kit somewhere in Lüdenscheid.
Haha, more like a failed Real player and a talent from Juve whom they won't miss.

I might as well tell you that our "top" signings are from Real, Manchester United and Bayern lol

Jack cw

Haha, more like a failed Real player and a talent from Juve whom they won't miss.

I might as well tell you that our "top" signings are from Real, Manchester United and Bayern lol
Robben, Vidal, Martinez, Boateng, Thiago, Neuer are failed talents and low tier players. Müller, Lahm, Alaba are nobodies. I know your hate against Bayern and me Milch but your ridiculous attempts are reaching a new low.

GHG

Statistics don't tell the whole story when looked at in isolation. This guy went 19 games without scoring a goal when we needed him most and is one of the most ineffiient strikers in the league when it comes to chance conversion inside the area.

He's shit. Even Bendtner would score more than him with the current midfield we have behind him.

Only for the Morata one to begin...

Any new nightmare is better than an old one thats been stuck on repeat for the last 3 years.

Robben, Vidal, Martinez, Boateng, Thiago, Neuer are failed talents and low tier players. Müller, Lahm, Alaba are nobodies. I know your hate against Bayern and me Milch but your ridiculous attempts are reaching a new low.

I honestly forgot about Vidal :lol

Why the hell are you bringing homegrown players up though? All I'm saying is that when a top top (in Pep language: super super) player is moving Barca and Real still have a slightly higher appeal. And Thiago, Boateng (at the time), Robben, etc. were not that.

El Topo

Our top signings came from Real, Bilbao and Juventus. Our biggest guns are from our own youth. Now pls go and buy a Rode kit somewhere in Lüdenscheid.

Nah. He'll save the money for the Götze kit.

Why the hell are you bringing homegrown players up though? All I'm saying is that when a top top (in Pep language: super super) player is moving Barca and Real still have a slightly higher appeal.

Completely true. Barca and Real are in a league of their own.

There's no doubt, that we will buy Morata free from Juventus and sell him to an interested party. I'm really interested in where he will end up.

I don't understand this. Benzema is 28 and in the middle of a huge controversy and Jese has never fully recovered from his injury. Shouldn't Madrid keep Morata? Both Benzema and Ronaldo could use more rest next season.

Pachimari

I don't understand this. Benzema is 28 and in the middle of a huge controversy and Jese has never fully recovered from his injury. Shouldn't Madrid keep Morata? Both Benzema and Ronaldo could use more rest next season.
Morata don't want to be second fiddle. That's the issue. Also the controversy around Benzema is nothing. He got the full support of the president.

Jack cw

I honestly forgot about Vidal :lol

Why the hell are you bringing homegrown players up though?
Simply because it's an achievement if you are able to produce a row of world class players instead of buying them. And we are among those two juggernauts so this whole discussion is pretty much about semantics. What isn't is Rode for 25 million. We bought Robben and Ribery for that :D

la_briola

Simply because it's an achievement if you are able to produce a row of world class players instead of buying them. And we are among those two juggernauts so this whole discussion is pretty much about semantics. What isn't is Rode for 25 million. We bought Robben and Ribery for that :D

They will never pay 25 million, lets be real and I'm the biggest Rode stan.

T-Rex.

Banned
This week's edition of SportBild magazine has a four page feature on recent Gotze goings-on, and that's an awful lot of words. SportBild explain that agent Volker Struth told Gotze he wasn't prepared to watch as the footballer's career went down the drain, and Gotze responded by saying he was thinking of a separation anyway.

It's claimed that Struth himself called the meeting, aware a parting of the ways was perhaps on the cards, but cared little and wasn't at all bothered by the potential lack of commission. This very much doesn't sound like a case of Gotze doing all the dumping.

Gotze turned down moves to Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund, say SportBild, because he thinks the clubs would be a backwards step from Bayern Munich. The Bayern player is said to believe that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and 'possibly even' Arsenal are the top clubs he should be aiming for.

Gotze certainly has high hopes, especially with Barcelona and Real Madrid, and it may now be clearer how the split with Struth came about. An excellent Euro 2016 and Gotze may well get his way, but an ordinary tournament isn't going to get him the Galactico type move he seems to think is reasonable.
Pfft. Gotze pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom