• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft. SportBild pls.

Its a rag

I wouldn't read to much into it.

Sounds about right to me, though.

The stuff with Struth leaving at least. He wanted Götze to move because he thought it would be better for his career. But I also understand Götze, Liverpool without CL would be a step back. And I can see why he wouldn't want to go to Dortmund. If Struth was only pushing those two, I could see why Götze is pissed as well.

No interest from Arsenal is surprising, though. With all these rumors back when he was with us, I kinda wonder why. (Because Götze is shit now lololololol)

la_briola

Ahhhhhh, I always see people quoting Bild so assumed it was reliable.

Bild != SportBild, same publisher, different people/paper. Not that Bild is any good... but they are mostly right when it comes to Bayern stuff.

Well, they used to be, back when they had a mole named Uli. :lol

Sounds about right to me, though.

The stuff with Struth leaving at least. He wanted Götze to move because he thought it would be better for his career. But I also understand Götze, Liverpool without CL would be a step back. And I can see why he wouldn't want to go to Dortmund. If Struth was only pushing those two, I could see why Götze is pissed as well.

No interest from Arsenal is surprising, though. With all these rumors back when he was with us, I kinda wonder why. (Because Götze is shit now lololololol)

Struth wanted a last big commission. Let's not fool ourself here. Hes out for the money, if Goetze leaves for free at the end of his contract he gets nothing, if he sensed that Goetze wanted to part ways.

Floody

So Southampton have said it will take £35m-£40m for them to even start considering selling Mane.

Not too surprising, they don't need the money, hopefully it's enough to scare Liverpool off too, he's worth half that at most (I've got a bad feeling it won't).

Jack cw

Götze is going all in apparently.
It speaks for him though. Either fail terribly or win everything.
Bayern wont extend with him, even if he should score 30 goals and win CL for them...

Struth wanted a last big commission. Let's not fool ourself here. Hes out for the money, if Goetze leaves for free at the end of his contract he gets nothing, if he sensed that Goetze wanted to part ways.
Well, I honestly can't judge that. The agent gets a cut of the transfer sum. However, he can also negotiate a nice signing cut on a free transfer, see Lewa's agents.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the business and can't judge what is bigger. I imagine both would be a very good sum, though.

Götze is going all in apparently.
It speaks for him though. Either fail terribly or win everything.
Bayern wont extend with him, even if he should score 30 goals and win CL for them...
What's wrong with you today anyway?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So Southampton have said it will take £35m-£40m for them to even start considering selling Mane.

It's funny reading twitter because Arsenal are going to get him for £17, Utd for £25, Liverpool for £28, Saints want £40 but Mane wants to stay?

basically nobody knows anything.

Beefy

It's funny reading twitter because Arsenal are going to get him for £17, Utd for £25, Liverpool for £28, Saints want £40 but Mane wants to stay?

basically nobody knows anything.

This is real info. Mane wants to stay, but say a big team did come in for him. That would be the price they have to bid to even get a response.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
This is real info. Mane wants to stay, but say a big team did come in for him. That would be the price they have to bid to even get a response.

Fair enough. That's about the price I'd expect someone to pay with the PL tax.

I'd like him to stay though now we can have a proper go in Europe.

If that Bild stuff is true, Gotze is an absolute moron. He's a good player at an elite club. When that happens, the club is always going to look for replacements at the cost of the player's time on the pitch, especially for attacking players.

If he's winding down his contract so he has a wider choice of clubs available when he leaves, fair enough. If he thinks another club on the level of Bayern are going to take him, he's overconfident to the point of it holding him back.

The stars would have to align pretty spectacularly for him to even get the gametime next season to prove that he's worthy of a move to Madrid or Barca.

Bayern don't want you, fucking deal with it you chubby little tit.

Tubie

This summer Madrid will play friendlies with PSG, Chelsea, and Bayern as part of that champions cup they do every summer now.

They will all be in the US and Canada.

I might try and get tickets depending on where they actually play them.

jrmanimal

Paris Saint-Germain striker Edison Cavani has revealed that Atletico Madrid are interested in signing the Uruguay international. He said: "It's a really competitive team that has demonstrated interest in me and that pleases me, you never know if things could go further."

I think Cavani would be a pretty good addition to Atletico. But first they have to see if Simeone wants to stay.

This summer Madrid will play friendlies with PSG, Chelsea, and Bayern as part of that champions cup they do every summer now.

They will all be in the US and Canada.

I might try and get tickets depending on where they actually play them.
Those are always fun matches. I saw United play Philly and MLS All-Stars and went to Chelsea v AC Milan with a buddy who's a Chelsea supporter. Euros are gonna fuck up any international player from going but it should be worth it.

Beefy

@tancredipalmeri
Manchester City closed the signing of Laporte from Athletic for 50m€, according to Sky Italy!

Fdkn

He broke his leg on duty with the France U-21s.

Yeh I know, I said that because there was some rumours about Spain trying to reach him for the seniors and he had to state that his will is to play with France even if it takes him longer to get there.

Lunar FC

My friend got me the new Liverpool shirt during his trip to the Mersey. No player on it but I really like how it looks and feels.

Fdkn

Ruhrnachrichten say Reus had no idea he was out for the Euro, thought he'd be a starting player until yesterday.

That's just cruel :(

Löw could be friends with Del Bosque. He never told Saul and Isco they were out too and just released the final list to the media.

He did the same to Diego Lopez in 2014 after 2 years convoking him.

Tubie

Ruhrnachrichten say Reus had no idea he was out for the Euro, thought he'd be a starting player until yesterday.

Löw could be friends with Del Bosque. He never told Saul and Isco they were out too and just released the final list to the media.

That's real shitty by Low and Del Bosque.

Oh, I didn't make that quite clear, they didn't explicitily say Löw told Reus in person but I assume he did. Reus just thought his injury wasn't as bad until the doctors didn't clear him for the Euro, just hours before Löw's announcement.

It sounds very cruel. I really wonder what happened. Surely Reus must have known about potential injuries.
He had problems for some time already, we all know that. It's just strange that Reus was talking about being back this week while Müller-Wohlfahrt told Löw that he can't predict when Reus will be back.

It's probably for his best to rest now but it still sucks.

Tubie

I can't believe Dunga didn't call up Casemiro and Marcelo.

I'm fine with it, they get to rest all summer, but he's really fucking crazy to leave them out.

edit: actually he did call up Casemiro :O

spidye

I don't know if I'am late but according to spox reus could be out for at least 4 months
I feel bad for him. He went full badstuber. You don't go full badstuber

Jack cw

So Pep spends 70m on a guy with a broken leg and a guy with a broken kneecap?

That's kinda hilarious.
Long term investments I guess. Laporte is a promising talent and one that is used to sapnish football, but 70 million is completely nuts. On the other hand, they paid an insane amount of money for Mangala too.

Gündogan is still questionable. For that price good on paper but he is injury prone like hell and to be honest, his last 6 months were not as good as the first half of the season, but still better than Toure. It's a good start but even Pep has to see that the market of worldclass talents and players he could get is incredibly small.

If that is true, then Löw is a true ass. Reus was one of the best Bundesliga players this season and Germanys only class winger. So, the injury is a hoax to avoid a shitstorm? DFB truly had some PR lessons in Russia I guess...

I dont really like Reus or Dortmund, but his class is unquestionable and a severe injury is a reason to leave a guy at home, but that sneaky shit because of irrational emotional shit with Podolski, Schürrle (because they earned Löws trust) etc. is daft. Reus, Brandt Bellarabi... all wingers we have are out. Incredible.

Makeda

Karim Benzema is at the centre of a race row after the Real Madrid striker claimed Didier Deschamps had “bowed to the pressure of a racist part of France” by omitting him from the Euro 2016 host nation’s squad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...acists/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cantona gave him a light and he just burned the entire fucking house down.
I'm more shocked that Lacazette didn't get into the French team to be honest, considering he's the highest scoring Frenchman in their league & France's fans seem to hate Giroud... I just can't understand it.

If that Bild stuff is true, Gotze is an absolute moron. [...]

Bayern don't want you, fucking deal with it you chubby little tit.

:D
Gotze was at the perfect place in Dortmund & he messed it by going to Bayern, he then didn't kick on to the level they were expecting (plus the signings Pep made / injuries didn't help) and now he's left in the cold.
His only saving grace to move to a club on the same level or higher than Bayern would be to have a one-man-show at the Euro's and show everybody what they're missing....Stranger things have happened but I doubt that Real or Barca are in any hurry to clear their CAM positions for him anytime soon.

On a Copa America note - interested to see how Ganso does after being called up to replace Kaka.... Although I'm not exactly holding my breath for any miracles from a Dunga Brazil.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/587/...placed-by-ganso-in-brazils-copa-america-squad

Jack cw

So according to some media in Spain James is really mad about not playing the CL final and wants to leave Real. Bayern is where he wants to go... Too bad, we wont ever pay so much money for a bench player...

Jack cw

For 25 million not a bad deal.
Should be enough to reinvest into Mickytarians new salary. Maybe Rodes fee.
Or buy another talent from Munich

Jack cw

Güd for him.

2/10 for that and 3/10 for that avatar.
13350450_1041780692574120_6267814552288168412_o.jpg

In other news, Kicker says that Toprak is probably not happening because Leverkusen wants more than 22m (looooooool, no way, Rudey)

And that we might be interested in Bartra (not sure if want)

spidye

In other news, Kicker says that Toprak is probably not happening because Leverkusen wants more than 22m (looooooool, no way, Rudey)

And that we might be interested in Bartra (not sure if want)
Wait I thought you guys wanted an experienced defender. Now you'll go for a talent? This doesn't make a lot of sense
You guys should go for dragovic. He is an experienced and young defender
with an awful fashion sense

Wait I thought you guys wanted an experienced defender. Now you'll go for a talent? This doesn't make a lot of sense
You guys should go for dragovic. He is an experienced and young defender
with an awful fashion sense

I don't think Bartra can still pass as a talent, he's just one year younger than Toprak.

Dragovic was considered but is out of the race according to Kicker, I don't know why, though.

Jack cw

I don't think Bartra can still pass as a talent, he's just one year younger than Toprak.

Dragovic was considered but is out of the race according to Kicker, I don't know why, though.
I'd rate Toprak higher than Bartra. Barca and all aside, he is pretty average to be honest and I have seen nothing in the last two years of him that would speak for an explosion in talent or at least progress. But I agree, Völler is mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom