• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund should hire someone like Tielemans. Young prospect with great atheltic features and talent. What's more, he's living just across the border.

Jack cw

Wait what? Bartra is that old? This is blowing my mind right now.
He was a talent in 2013 when he played against Bayern.
Dortmund should hire someone like Tielemans. Young prospect with great atheltic features and talent. What's more, he's living just across the border.
Tielemans has a lot of potential, but is a player on a position that Dortmund has great quality already. Tuchel and Zorc might be a bit more daring than Klopp when it comes to talents. Eriksen comes to mind.

Tielemans has a lot of potential, but is a player on a position that Dortmund has great quality already. Tuchel and Zorc might be a bit more daring than Klopp when it comes to talents. Eriksen comes to mind.

It was Micky or Eriksen. I don't think we made the wrong choice there.

Jack cw

It was Micky or Eriksen. I don't think we made the wrong choice there.

If you consider last season than no, but he needed 2 seasons to finally play what he is able to. On the other hand same could have happened to Eriksen as well. That is why Toprak makes the most sense. The risk is smaller.

tim.mbp

Apparently there's a lot of chatter from the Dutch press saying Koeman to Everton is on.

#Pray4Beefy

Edit: Garry Monk to Leeds. Hope he's going to rent.

Floody

Apparently there's a lot of chatter from the Dutch press saying Koeman to Everton is on.

#Pray4Beefy

Be a really good get for Everton, I just don't see why Koeman would leave the Saints for them, at this moment it'd be a pretty big step down. If true Everton must have offered him a good bit of cash.

Gündogan to City is done!

I wish him all the best, it will be extremely hard with his injury.

Seconded. No hard feelings.
Although Nürnberg and Bochum get paid too ;(
http://mobil.ruhrnachrichten.de/spo...-Bochum-am-Guendogan-Transfer;art2420,3032438

I don't think Bartra can still pass as a talent, he's just one year younger than Toprak.

Dragovic was considered but is out of the race according to Kicker, I don't know why, though.
Bartra seems unlikely: https://mobile.twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/738330568534953985
Unless the buy back clause is 50m or so.

Kicker also says Mor & Guerreiro are coming.

I would not mind him at all.

Bartra's clause is 8M
I didn't mean that one. From Barca's reply it seems like they want to sell him with a clause or send him on a loan spell to which he'd have to agree. So it was probably directed at him too.
For cool 8 million I'd take him, but on these terms: Thx, but no thx.

I didn't mean that one. From Barca's reply it seems like they want to sell him with a clause or send him on a loan spell to which he'd have to agree. So it was probably directed at him too.

We won't sign him on loan or with a buy back clause, that's for sure.

However, if the rumor is true that he can leave for 8m because he didn't have enough play time, then there's nothing Barca can do. It's up to Bartra.

Fdkn

the thing is that Barça is not in position to negotiate. Bartra's clause went down from >20M to 8M because he didn't play enough matches. If someones goes with those 8M, he's all theirs and barça can't do anything about it.

I wouldn't pay even that, he's really mediocre.

Westlo

Be a really good get for Everton, I just don't see why Koeman would leave the Saints for them, at this moment it'd be a pretty big step down. If true Everton must have offered him a good bit of cash.

How is it a step down, let alone a massive step down? (Because they're in the Europa league? Wow we saw how serious they took it last year lol) We're massively under performed the last two seasons thanks to Martinez and it was only 3 seasons ago we got 72 points which would equal second place this year.

Everton have actually spent money without having to sell the last two seasons while Koeman's seen a heap of players been sold off and not even spent the same amount of money made on replacing them.

There's a difference to being given 100m + (more than likely) fees for Stones and Lukaku compared to being limited to what Mane/Rodriguez bring in at max.... (Unless Southampton put some money up unlike the last two seasons...)

And yeah Moshiri will throw money at him.

Jack cw

the thing is that Barça is not in position to negotiate. Bartra's clause went down from >20M to 8M because he didn't play enough matches. If someones goes with those 8M, he's all theirs and barça can't do anything about it.

He needs to agree though. Thiago was the same. His normal clause was around 90 million and went down to 18 because of a couple of minutes he didn't play that season. Toprak and Bartra would be pretty great for BVB.

Well, he's in the Spanish Euro squad which means he's probably in ~top 5 of Spanish CBs, not too shabby if you ask me.
What I dislike about him is his weak physique which paired with his age means he'll stay that way forever. I also remember him doing horribly in some CL match, dunno vs. whom though.

/copy&paste for the Euro thread: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/euro-2016-squads-confirmed-23-7986775

Beefy

How is it a step down, let alone a massive step down? (Because they're in the Europa league? Wow we saw how serious they took it last year lol) We're massively under performed the last two seasons thanks to Martinez and it was only 3 seasons ago we got 72 points which would equal second place this year.

Everton have actually spent money without having to sell the last two seasons while Koeman's seen a heap of players been sold off and not even spent the same amount of money made on replacing them.

There's a difference to being given 100m + (more than likely) fees for Stones and Lukaku compared to being limited to what Mane/Rodriguez bring in at max.... (Unless Southampton put some money up unlike the last two seasons...)

Why would anyone buy Rodriguez? Mane is also happy here atm and we aren't looking to sell.

Also just because you would have £100m+ to spend isn't always a good thing.

On player sales we actually spent all the money we recieved. We used the money left from buying players to cover their wages for the whole of their contracts.

If Koeman goes it's because:

1) You are a bigger club.
2) He likes the challenge of rebuilding a team.
3) More supporters.

We have the richer owner. But she is far more cautious with her money. Part of me dislikes her for it and part of me thinks it is a good idea.

Floody

Did I say massive? I think at best it's a sideways move, but I don't think this is a at best situation (maybe the start of last season was).

Everton aren't a sure fire thing, they have some great players, but they don't seem to care for the team (just look at how crap they were in the derby, sure Martinez is also to blame for that performance and the entire season as a whole, but so are the players too), also who know who will still be there come the summer.

Whereas at Southampton he has a solid team (who could be a great team with some smart buys), a fantastic youth system, is in Europe (they mightn't go far in it, but they are still there), money (might get more at Everton, but I doubt it'll be a crazy amount more), and way less pressure (the Everton job imo is one of the toughest in Europe).

Like I said if you do get him, he'll be a really good get, but I just don't see why he would leave now, when he could just as easily wait a season and get an even better offer, he's got it good. I'll have a ton of respect for him if he does though, but will also feel for the Saints fans, as they always seem to get raided just as they are about to jump up to that next level.

Fdkn

Well, he's in the Spanish Euro squad which means he's probably in ~top 5 of Spanish CBs, not too shabby if you ask me.
What I dislike about him is his weak physique which paired with his age means he'll stay that way forever. I also remember him doing horribly in some CL match, dunno vs. whom though.

'Nobody' in Spain agrees with that tbh, not even barça fans. He's in the squad because Del Bosque is known for making some strange decisions prioritizing those players that supposedly have the 'style' of Spain and have played on the sub21 with that style even if they're not playing on their teams.

Time will tell, but he doesn't look like he's going to reach top level. And putting that lowered clause in his contract means he doesn't mind leaving if the new team offers him to play more often

--------------

In other news, it seems Fabio Coentrao is going to come back to Madrid this season. I liked him so I'm fine with that

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Alves just got a straight red for doing this

a15tYnC.png

Only just started watching the game and my lord is it boring. Portugal and England aren't really doing anything. Is everyone just being careful not to overexert before the 10th or something?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Double post but wtf is Nani doing?

a question for the ages

Mark Lawrenson said it best. "A promising career, ruined by a niggling brain injury."

Only just started watching the game and my lord is it boring. Portugal and England aren't really doing anything. Is everyone just being careful not to overexert before the 10th or something?

That's what they want you to think but no, this is England.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
More to do with Roy or the team? We're definitely capable of doing fast, attacking football and we did as such against Germany but at times like this I'm just bored and hopeless.

yeah but that's just the way these players have played all season in the premier league. What if we get a bunch of dross on the pitch and constantly pass it back to the keeper instead? we'll definitely win then. I mean we beat San Marino 4835-0 like that. It's basically nailed on.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Playing against 10 men with two strikers who scored 50+ goals at we can barely get a shot on target

this is dismal. it wouldn't be so bad if we knew England had another gear but this is it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom