• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanbaros

Member?
In terms of 'points per game' the two most successful England managers are Cappello and Hodgson. Why do you think that is? More easy games? More consistent performances?

Carbonox

I'm almost convinced Hodgson doesn't actually manage the English side. He just stands around and rotates his gormless head like an owl and has others talking for him. He has the communication skills of a brick.

Portugeezer

Alves just got a straight red for doing this

a15tYnC.png

Classic Alves.

People think Pepe is bad... LOL

I didnt see an official thread for the Euro Cup but I figured I would pop in this thread and say I am not very pleased with the Italian squad. We have like a 50/50 chance at the cup and it sucks.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
well looks like Koeman is off then. A lot of chatter again today saying in the next 24 he'll be announced as Everton's new manager.

I'm somehow not even hyped the slightest for Euro...

I never am. I'd prefer to watch no league football than international level. You have a bunch of players that don't know how to play with each other and a sub par manager who doesn't have the time or resources to get something decent out of a them, all played in a tournament structure which encourages cautious play.

DBT85

I'm somehow not even hyped the slightest for Euro...

Innit. Wake me for the proper football,for Mou to lead Utd to glory or death, for Pep to manage away at Stoke, for Arsene to be great until February, for Conte to realise the players run the club, for Ranieri to win the PL and CL, for Klopp to smile all the way to 6th.

Beefy

well looks like Koeman is off then. A lot of chatter again today saying in the next 24 he'll be announced as Everton's new manager.

Crazy money being offered. £7m a year wages....

I'm glad I am one of the guys that sees it as he doesn't want to be here then bye. Not going to complain about it or moan, just going to be excited about who our next manager is.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I'm glad I am one of the guys that sees it as he doesn't want to be here then bye. Not going to complain about it or moan, just going to be excited about who are next manager is.

It's disappointing it looks to have come down to money but yeah I'm happy to let players and managers go if it means the club can remaim stable. There's too many examples of clubs that suddenly had a good run and then got in over their head to push on before going bust. (actually, that was us not long ago). I'd rather just keep doing what we're doing even if it isn't very glamorous.

Don't get me wrong I'd like Koeman to stay but not if it's just about money.

Floody

I'm glad I am one of the guys that sees it as he doesn't want to be here then bye. Not going to complain about it or moan, just going to be excited about who our next manager is.

It's disappointing it looks to have come down to money but yeah I'm happy to let players and managers go if it means the club can remaim stable. There's too many examples of clubs that suddenly had a good run and then got in over their head to push on before going bust. (actually, that was us not long ago). I'd rather just keep doing what we're doing even if it isn't very glamorous.

Don't get me wrong I'd like Koeman to stay but not if it's just about money.

If he does leave, who would you like to replace him? I think de Boer would make a pretty solid replacement.

Meier

Southampton's owners have always been a little bit touch and go in recent years with rumors they want to sell and they're obviously willing to cash in. I can see why Everton would be slightly more appealing and having a derby matchup with Klopp is probably a bit of a draw. The money from the new owners doesn't hurt either.

Beefy

Southampton's owners have always been a little bit touch and go in recent years with rumors they want to sell and they're obviously willing to cash in. I can see why Everton would be slightly more appealing and having a derby matchup with Klopp is probably a bit of a draw. The money from the new owners doesn't hurt either.

Made up rumours about wanting to sell the club (unless a stupid bid comes in for the club) and not obviously willing to cash in. We just accept if a player is in his last year of contract (and won't sign a new one) and a big club comes in for him we have to sell.

If / when Koeman goes it is because Everton are a bigger club and are throwing cssh about. It's the only thing that annoys me a little about our own. She is one of the richest in the Prem yet doesn't like to spend big.

Jack cw

So United bid 80m for Pogba?
Let's see if the Mou factor can outplay the no CL fact.

Oh and Marc Bartra to Dortmund is obviously done.
He is for a medical in Germany.
There is apparently a clause in the contract that gives Barca the right to buy him back for a certain sum, though.

DBT85

So United bid 80m for Pogba?
Let's see if the Mou factor can outplay the no CL fact.

Oh and Marc Bartra to Dortmund is obviously done.
He is for a medical in Germany.
There is apparently a clause in ithe contract that gives Barca the right to buy him back for a certain sum, though.

I read 60m this morning. So its papers talking gash as usual I imagine.

The idea that Ferg let him go for fuck all and we buy him back at all is just comical though.

If we give Barca a buy back option, that means we're signing another CB this summer and/or Bartra is just a temporary solution until we can sign Toprak next year.

I really hope, we'll sign another one this year. It would be a disaster to replace Hummels with Bartra who could be gone in a year or two.

Marc Bartra to join Borussia Dortmund | FC Barcelona

FC Barcelona announce that German club Borussia Dortmund have informed them of their desire to activate the buy out clause for the player Marc Bartra, according to which the Club is obliged to facilitate the transfer of the player for the price of 8 million euros.

Marc Bartra arrived at the Club at the age of 12 and is a fine representative of the values embodied by la Masia, both as a player and as a person. The defender has spent more than half his life at FC Barcelona and with the first team he won five league titles, two Champions Leagues, two Copa del Rey, two European Super Cups, two Spanish Super Cups and one Club World Cup.

FC Barcelona wish Marc Bartra all the best in his new phase of his career as a player and he will be invited to say goodbye to the fans personally at the start of next season.

Kill3r7

What's this about Arsenal triggering Vardy's release clause....? Making the rounds on the Twitter....

Arsene is not a fan of aging strikers but it certainly would be a short term boost for Arsenal. Although Vardy strikes me as the sort of player that thrives in a counterattacking rather than a possession based system.

So, no buy back option.

Great, would have been a very strange transfer if we agreed to that.

Yeah, this seems very permanent. Also check this out:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/intrahistoria-bartra-pasa-del-barca-5179771
gtrans

It was this morning at noon when the club received a call from Borussia Dortmundt announcing that Marc Bartra was in Germany passing the medical examination. And the club was surprised by that thought go more in tune with the player and his representatives. It has been found that the reality has been completely different. The club thus closes a story of a misunderstanding.

SurpriseMotherfucker.gif

Yeah, this seems very permanent. Also check this out:

SurpriseMotherfucker.gif
Well, that sounds just as strange as the other reports from Spain. Considering Puyol is Bartra's agent, I would be very surprised if they kept Barca completely in the dark.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Barca thought they could somehow put a buy back option in.

In other news, just got ready to watch the Tenacious D at Rock am Ring stream and it's postponed because of a storm. Welp, at least the audience showed some tits lol

Pennywise

Well, that sounds just as strange as the other reports from Spain. Considering Puyol is Bartra's agent, I would be very surprised if they kept Barca completely in the dark.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Barca thought they could somehow put a buy back option in.

In other news, just got ready to watch the Tenacious D at Rock am Ring stream and it's postponed because of a storm. Welp, at least the audience showed some tits lol

I don't think we will sign another CB, even if Subotic leaves.
We still got Bender,Sokratis,Ginter and Batra on top of that.

Unless Tuchel still wants Ginter as RB option.

Anyway, for that amount of money I'm okay with the transfer.
I'm a bit skeptical as he sounds like someone who took the step for change too late, spending a crucial time of his development on the bench instead of seeking change.
At least Merino will have a buddy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom