• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
In all fairness to LVG, a) a lot of money was recouped as well from sales, so yes we spent £250m but a decent amount came back in and b) I still think that Smiling Woodward just buys who he wants half the time. It's not Gaals fault the man's a fool.

all that money and the best player they found was from the academy.

Audioboxer

In all fairness to LVG, a) a lot of money was recouped as well from sales, so yes we spent £250m but a decent amount came back in and b) I still think that Smiling Woodward just buys who he wants half the time. It's not Gaals fault the man's a fool.

True, Woodward is a moron. He might be able to get tons of money from marketing the brand, but he is utterly useless with players. Hopefully just leaves it to Mou and staff.

I mean the circus is in town yet again with Messi rumours, and I wouldn't be surprised if Woodward thinks he can pull that off. He's the best at getting used by players and embarrassing Man Utd recruitment.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What's wrong with Vardy? Everyone on here seems to laugh with that, but wouldn't that finally be a good striker for Arsenal and even at a decent cost.
Higuain will cost probably 4 times as much as Vardy and honestly isn't that much better. (I saw him at Real for years and years, he's a good striker obviously, but isn't exactly 80 million good.)

Just a risk he's a one season wonder init

Plus, no idea if he'd work well with our style of play

bjaelke

Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland
Ronald Koeman's agent Rob Jansen to Fox: "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Now, it's up to the clubs"

la_briola

Still don't get why no big club wants to sign Götze.

They know he won't leave.
wink.gif

Beefy

So each EPL club have like €100 million to spend on transfers this summer? Are you kidding me!?

About that. Then you have sponsorship, ticket sales etc etc, the Prem is getting stupidly rich. Then with Sky and BT battling for PL games it will go up again in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if TV money hits £130m+ in 4yrs time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Kristof Terreur @HLNinEngeland
Ronald Koeman's agent Rob Jansen to Fox: "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Now, it's up to the clubs"

It's happened too many times to be angry. I'm actually excited to see who we get next. Villas-Boas has been mentioned a few times now he's left Zenit. I could go with that.

I trust Lord Mou on defenders. Any Villareal or La Liga fans who have watched this kid?

Very strong and athletic. Good in the air. Still raw positionally and can be beaten by quicker attackers. Bailly has only been playing first team football for two seasons so this is a bet for the future. I'd rather have Laporte for €10M more if he was an option?

About that. Then you have sponsorship, ticket sales etc etc, the Prem is getting stupidly rich. Then with Sky and BT battling for PL games it will go up again in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if TV money hits £130m+ in 4yrs time.

Isn't BT losing a ton of money on football, or is it just the Champion's League? Didn't they have to stream the CL final on youtube or something crazy because of the low interest?

Beefy

Isn't BT losing a ton of money on football, or is it just the Champion's League? Didn't they have to stream the CL final on youtube or something crazy because of the low interest?

Probably both. But while they have the monopoly on phone lines in the UK they will have plenty of cash to burn.

Very strong and athletic. Good in the air. Still raw positionally and can be beaten by quicker attackers. Bailly has only been playing first team football for two seasons so this is a bet for the future. I'd rather have Laporte for €10M more if he was an option?

I'm certain they're losing money, but the Europa/ Champions League finals being free was part of the deal with UEFA as they weren't comfortable with all the matches being behind a subscription.

Pachimari

Why the heck are we selling Kovacic. I were pretty excited for this guy, but I have no idea why we bought him in the first place if we're just to get rid of him already. I admit Real Madrid is not the right place for him to develop, and he needs that playing time to develop consistency.

Why the heck are we selling Kovacic. I were pretty excited for this guy, but I have no idea why we bought him in the first place if we're just to get rid of him already. I admit Real Madrid is not the right place for him to develop, and he needs that playing time to develop consistency.

I thought he was brought in cause Modric was getting old and they were grooming him as a long-term replacement, similar to how he is on the national team.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Yeah, this seems like a strange move. I mean Real can buy a player anytime to replace Modric when it will be the case, but then why buying Kovacic in the first place if they won't have patience with him? Or maybe this is Zidane's call.

RiggyRob

They were contractually obligated to show some games free to air.

Also BT is doing pretty darn well. £17bn revenue. £2bn profit...

If anything, BT have made Sky step up their game. BT have the money to spend on making BT Sport/BT TV a worthwhile alternative/replacement to Sky's packages.

Beefy

If anything, BT have made Sky step up their game. BT have the money to spend on making BT Sport/BT TV a worthwhile alternative/replacement to Sky's packages.

I have both Sky and BT. BT is so far behind Sky it is untrue, from the production to the presenters.

Pachimari

I'm finally getting a Real Madrid tattoo on my arm on Monday. It'll be my first. So every time we win the Champions League I'll add a star to the tattoo.

DBT85

I have both Sky and BT. BT is so far behind Sky it is untrue, from the production to the presenters.

That's what 20 odd years of experience buys you.

Word in the industry was that Sky were quite happy to lose the CL as so few people actually watch the games that don't feature English teams yet they still have to cover them.

But make no mistake, BT are scaring Sky. They have so much money to throw around its untrue.

The other strong rumour going around was that BT actually outbid Sky on every package for the PL rights. The only reason the PL didn't give it all to them is that they see Sky as a guaranteed long term partner, where BT might disappear like so many others have before.

Next time around that might change a bit more as BT will have been doing it a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom