• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

can't wait to see the Arsenal fans turn on him when he goes a couple of games without scoring
154696.gif

DBT85

It worked for Ferguson buying Van Persie!

RVP at least had shown brilliance for several years, although he was always injured.

Vardy has come from nowhere and had a truly magical season playing in a team that plays a very specific way.

He needs to be getting fed balls early to run on to, while Arsenals approach is more try and get 12 passes inside the 6 yard box to score.

I've no doubt the likes of Sanchez and Ozil can feed him, but it Arsene just keeps playing the same way they have been he'll not get the service he needs to thrive.

Jack cw

Why would we turn on a WC player who wins us our first league title in a decade and our first European trophy ever?

This season will prove his class. He played an incredible year so far but WC is someone who delivers performance on a constant level for more than a couple of months.

Audioboxer

Is it time for the new season yet? No? Then fuck off.

witcher 3 reference

But yeah, hurry up and sign Ibrahimovic and let's get the fireworks started. More interested in the drama for next season than I am Man Utd actually doing anything good lol.

Jack cw

According to Sun Arsenal reached agreement with Henrikh Mkhytarian from Borussia Dortmund. Gunners are ready to pay up to 35m EUR.

GHG

According to Sun Arsenal reached agreement with Henrikh Mkhytarian from Borussia Dortmund. Gunners are ready to pay up to 35m EUR.

If this is true then Wenger is going all out. No shits given to the current squad, this isn't kindergarten anymore, if you're not good enough (Giroud, Theo, Ramsey, etc) then you will be replaced.

Jack cw

Well Wenger could get the best Bundesliga player this season for pretty much peanuts. I know Arsenal actually needs at least one capable DM but there are very few teams that wouldn't go for Mickytarian.

Jack cw

A shame he didn't sign a new contract. This way Dortmund is missing out on a lot of money.

This is from Sun, so be cautious, but I wonder what Arsenal is offering him as salaray though. I heared Dortmund was ready to pay him up to 10m a year.

Jarnet87

If Arsene is gonna spend close to 100 million pounds, then you know EPL breaking all sorts of transfer records this summer lol.

Micky is definitely staying this summer, unless someone is offering crazy money (think €45m+).

Also, yeah, go back to posting bild stuff. It's better than the sun at least...

Beefy

Koeman has signed a 3 year deal with Everton, he will earn £7m a year. It rises to £8m a year if bonuses are activated. Also a option of a 4th year if things go well. Crazy crazy money.

So insecure, Milch.
I don't get what's insecure about that?

Your attempts to annoy me are getting worse. But well, yeah, one needs to take desperate measures when nobody is leaving BVB and not even Bild is bothering with making up stories anymore. Can't handle all the stories about BVB signing players?

Did you guys sign Bartra yet?
I honestly have no idea lol

Barca said we "intend to activate the clause". BVB said it's pretty much done but " there are still minor details to clear with Barca". And then posted pics of Bartra signing the contract on the next day. But there has been no further announcement that it is all done now. But who knows if we'll even get one.

Jack cw

Your attempts to annoy me are getting worse. But well, yeah, one needs to take desperate measures when nobody is leaving BVB and not even Bild is bothering with making up stories anymore. Can't handle all the stories about BVB signing players?
Last I checked 2 players left already, and all revealed by the paper you like so much. Don't want to be rude or anything but the sources Bild has are undisputeable.

Wenger trying to get this shit done early before everyone's value skyrockets after Euro 2016, or is he trying to convince Sanchez and Ozil to stay?

Pennywise

Just leave him :p
He's obviously bored and likes to rile you up.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Koeman has signed a 3 year deal with Everton, he will earn £7m a year. It rises to £8m a year if bonuses are activated. Also a option of a 4th year if things go well. Crazy crazy money.

Stupid money. They are going to expect instant success and he's going to be crucified when it doesn't work. I would've been more than happy to see him stay but not if it meant paying silly money.

Apparently Vardy has to choose between a new deal with Leicester or move to Arsenal. Decision to be made before heading off to France tomorrow morning.

Hope he stays at Leicester.

EmiPrime

Goal line technology costs too much money for La Liga to utilise?

Want Bournemouth to lend you a few quid?

It really should be required in all the top leagues and for any club competing in the champions league.

Let's go all in on technology, add a 5th official with access to video replays and the ability to advise the referee before they make a huge cock up and ruin the game with a dodgy penalty decision or offside goal. They've been doing it in rugby for ages and luckily now that Blatter has been ousted, we might get it in football too.

spidye

I honestly have no idea lol

Barca said we "intend to activate the clause". BVB said it's pretty much done but " there are still minor details to clear with Barca". And then posted pics of Bartra signing the contract on the next day. But there has been no further announcement that it is all done now. But who knows if we'll even get one.

wait what? there are pics of bartra signing a contract and barca gave an official statement. why is there any doubt he'll join dortmund?

Westlo

Stupid money. They are going to expect instant success and he's going to be crucified when it doesn't work. I would've been more than happy to see him stay but not if it meant paying silly money.

I'm just happy that Moshiri is throwing his weight around, dude was cockblocked at arsenal for so long and now he finally gets to do stuff.

And while he's clearly overpaid its good to see he went out and got his man.

5728060_w948h600s1v21bzsen.jpg

Rode is pretty much done, currently having his medical.

Auba needs to give him some swag lessons tho

wait what? there are pics of bartra signing a contract and barca gave an official statement. why is there any doubt he'll join dortmund?

There is no doubt, it's just not technically done yet from the last infos we've gotten.

DBT85

Leicester getting torn apart :(

Not a huge surprise really. Those players also have to take their opportunity to get good deals at big clubs after the season they had. If they stay at Leicester and end up finishing 10th they club won't get as much money and nor will the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom