• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

So, Inter Milan is officially a Chinese club now...
Oh, and Dortmund offered Weigl an extension to 2021 with double the wage - around 3-3,5m a year.

bjaelke

Eva vs Chelsea
CkQ80GfWgAAF1Vd.jpg:orig

Ben Rumsby @ben_rumsby
Documents claim Carneiro demanded a 40% pay rise to £400,000 to return to work, plus bonuses and compensation for "distress".

Document reveals Carneiro turned down an offer of £1.2m from Chelsea to settle.

Carneiro claims Mourinho berated her against Fiorentina days before the Swansea game, shouting: "Now we're going to shit ourselves."

sora87

Not a huge surprise really. Those players also have to take their opportunity to get good deals at big clubs after the season they had. If they stay at Leicester and end up finishing 10th they club won't get as much money and nor will the players.

I know, I just would have really liked it if they gave the club one more year though and see what they can manage again. Although I guess Vardy is turning 30 next season

Well, I don't really know. But I'm excited for next season.

It's not bad that Hummels and Gündogan (and possibly Micky) are leaving. That's the change in players we all expected when Kloppo announced he's leaving. Tuchel did an amazing job last season, let's see what he can do with a squad more to his preference.

If Kante and Vardy are gone, Mahrez is definitely out this summer. Don't see why he would stay at Leicester at that point.

Also surprised more teams aren't in for Kante. I know the buyout clause is for CL clubs but I imagine there's going to be non-CL clubs throwing in larger bids at some point which Leicester would have more incentive to accept (not counting if Kante genuinely wants to go to PSG).

bjaelke

Napoli are set to complete the signing of Hector Herrera from Porto within the next few weeks.

According to beIN Sports sources the Mexican star will seal a move to Maurizio Sarri's side, after three years with the Portuguese giants.

[...]

The deal should be complete within two weeks time, pending Napoli's sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Liverpool which should go through very soon.

However, other reports coming from Mexico state that Herrera is actually closest to Liverpool and not Napoli.
RKlIZ2V.gif

they have no idea

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'd piss myself laughing if Vardy chooses to stay over joining us. Wouldn't be a shock at all.

bjaelke

I don't see Higuain leaving, seeing as Herrera is a mid not a Forward.

Don't see Herrera playing much in Napoli anyways, so maybe Liverpool is a better option
Not sure how they came up with that story either, but the Higuain rumour gained some traction this morning after his brother/agent Nicolas (left) was spotted next to Klopp at the Argentina - Chile game.

Clydefrog

Not sure how they came up with that story either, but the Higuain rumour gained some traction this morning after his brother/agent Nicolas (left) was spotted next to Klopp at the Argentina - Chile game.

looks like he wants to kill the person who took that picture. holy shit

Jack cw

Still better than signing the next Immobile for €19m.

Dortmund and their strikers from Serie A...
I mean Duksch, Bittencourt, Durm, Jojic, Dudziak, Hofmann, Günter, Amini, Leitner were praised and failed like Lell. That's without being negative. Some other made the step up, but right now it looks like securing young and gifted players before EPL or Bayern get them. If Mickytarian should leave then the squad needs also a couple of established players.
Is Lewa at Madrid yet?
Yes, in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom