• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

So Lewandowski on the move then.

He is always on the move, but we wont sign an elder star for a year to replace one of the best strikers. I think if we sign Ibra, then mostly for marketing reasons and to make Lewandowski and Müller move their ass, but not to replace one of them.

Pachimari

Yeah, not a lot of transfers are happening. I hope Real Madrid starts swinging the door soon. We can't just focus on Pogba as the only target when a one-year ban is looming. We need that backup left back (not Coentrao!) and deep lying midfielder.

I think Kovacic and Jesé are on their way out on loans. Maybe also Nacho.

What I hope most is, that we can convince Morata to stay.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Woah.. He's worth way more than that. I thought Arsenal wanted him too?

end of his contract. surprised we got that tbh.

fair play to him though he has wanted to leave for a while but stuck around and did his bit. Hope he does well at Spurs.

Beefy

end of his contract. surprised we got that tbh.

fair play to him though he has wanted to leave for a while but stuck around and did his bit. Hope he does well at Spurs.

Also rumours that Celtic don't get a sell on fee. Apparently the sell on fee was for anything over £12m.

Beefy

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky sources: @BurnleyOfficial reject bid in region of £10 million from @LCFC for defender Michael Keane #SSNHQ

Syder

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky sources: @BurnleyOfficial reject bid in region of £10 million from @LCFC for defender Michael Keane #SSNHQ
Keane is a great player, potential to be a top premier league defender. Not surprised Burnley turned that down.

This Hummels interview in SZ is something else. I always thought he'd be one of the smarter players. He's acting mighty dumb, though.

Pretty much said he went to Bayern because Arsenal, Barca and Real didn't want him and he couldn't be arsed to play for United. That's less than a month since he told everyone he wants to go to München because his family lives there. Hilarious.

That also gives credit to Hoeneß' story that Hummels was the one who approached Bayern and not the other way around.

Pachimari

Official: Real Madrid have bought back Alvaro Morata from Juventus and he will join the squad for pre-season.

I still think we'll sell him off to some other team.

Jack cw

This Hummels interview in SZ is something else. I always thought he'd be one of the smarter players. He's acting mighty dumb, though.

Pretty much said he went to Bayern because Arsenal, Barca and Real didn't want him and he couldn't be arsed to play for United. That's less than a month since he told everyone he wants to go to München because his family lives there. Hilarious.

That also gives credit to Hoeneß' story that Hummels was the one who approached Bayern and not the other way around.
Who cares? Echte Liebe is an illusion made up somewhere north of Lüdenscheid. Being emotionally attached like this will only lead to hate nobody needs. This is business like everywhere else. People looking for chances to improve their career. He chose us and its legit, so whatever story happened is irrelevant.

Official: Real Madrid have bought back Alvaro Morata from Juventus and he will join the squad for pre-season.

I still think we'll sell him off to some other team.

Madrid may want the money from a big fee to balance the books but if Morata scores a couple of more goals in the Euros, Floro will have to keep him so the fans stay in line.

Gandalf

Apparently Man Utd gone in for Mkhitarian again. This time with a bid in the region of 28m with add-ons. Would be a great addition to the team... badly need someone who's capable on that right wing.

Morata wants minutes, and he won't be anything than a backup to Benzema. So we have to convince him if he is to stay.

I can be wrong, but I remember him sitting on the bench a few times in Juventus.
And Benzema is somewhat injury prone and we play 70+ matches a year. He will play almost all games if he stays (mostly as a sub).

He and Pogba would make the Real Madrid team very complete. Zidane wants Coentrao to stay, so the LB position is also good.

we play 70+ matches a year.
Not quite. Real Madrid can only play a maximum of 65 games a year...and that's based on them going the whole way in every competition. If you deduct European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup and Club World Championship then the max is 60. Last year they played 52.

tumblr_o967pnwxNw1tjkfe1o1_540.gif

Jack cw

Apparently Man Utd gone in for Mkhitarian again. This time with a bid in the region of 28m with add-ons. Would be a great addition to the team... badly need someone who's capable on that right wing.
This whole story is pretty funny. Raiola and Mickytarian boycotted in Donezk, now at Dortmund. Wonder when he starts doing this shit at his new club.

la_briola

Seferovic might be the worst striker Frankfurt ever had. He was decent at the start when he linked up with Meier and Aigner, but hes shit now for club and country.

I was hoping he would score a bit at the Euros so someone would pay stupid money.
money.gif

Gladbach was interested last season and Frankfurt didn't sell. Ooos!
nervous.gif

edit: I really don't know what happened to him, his finishes are more like back passes.

spidye

Marco Verrati has been sighted in Munich

STOP.THE.PRESSES!

relax. he's just taking a vacation in Munich

or is he?

bjaelke

"Laurent Blanc is no longer the manager of PSG after a contract termination agreement was signed by the Frenchman today, earning a €22m pay-off in the process, according to L’Équipe."

Syder

"Laurent Blanc is no longer the manager of PSG after a contract termination agreement was signed by the Frenchman today, earning a €22m pay-off in the process, according to L’Équipe."
Wow.. poor guy losing his job like that.
moe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom