• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micky Targaryan to be joined by Reus next.

we can make it trudy knight

Going by recent articles, Micky will earn some ~12m euros. His previous wage was around 4-5m, so Utd. more than doubled it.
Reus' current wage is ~10m euros (8 from BVB, 2 from Puma) and I bet he'd want that doubled too. Plus, with 3 years left on his contract, he'd be way more expensive than Micky.

I'm not saying Utd. would not be willing to pay all that, I'm just saying that it would be a whole lot more expensive for them. And when taking into account his proneness to injuries, is he really worth all that?

why do you assume that Conte will play with only one striker?

I haven't seen Batshuayi play that often but aren't he and Morata both true 9s? I don't think they would play well together in Conte's 3-5-2. Juve always played Morata as the lead with Dybala behind him.

I can only but imagine how frustrating it must be to be emotionally invested in BvB.

Well, all prices this Summer seem to be ridiculous.

To be fair, Manchester City have done a reasonable job spending only ~£35m on Gundogan and Nolito combined. Though I'd imagine they will go on to do something silly like unload £50million for John Stones, or something.

Oliver Kirch just announced his retirement.

I'll never forget how he and Jojic ripped Xabi Alonso, Modric and Illarramendi (lol) a new one in the CL quarter final. Such an incredible performance. If Micky hadn't been so shit, we would have even made it to extra time.

To be fair, Manchester City have done a reasonable job spending only ~£35m on Gundogan and Nolito combined. Though I'd imagine they will go on to do something silly like unload £50million for John Stones, or something.

Please no. I really don't want Stones. The rumoured £51 million for Bonucci is silly enough and he is a quality player, 50mil for a player thats market value has been plummeting would be stupid. If the other rumours are true then City will be spending daft money. Kroos (£63mil) and Sane (£42mil) which currently seem the most likely.

I can only but imagine how frustrating it must be to be emotionally invested in BvB.
Meh.

Oliver Kirch just announced his retirement.

I'll never forget how he and Jojic ripped Xabi Alonso, Modric and Illarramendi (lol) a new one in the CL quarter final. Such an incredible performance. If Micky hadn't been so shit, we would have even made it to extra time.

Yeah that was great. Only Klopp can squeeze these performances out of (ordinary) players. Although Kirch had some great passes in him.
RIP
(retire in peace)

Insane money, surely must be an offer neither Juve nor Pogba can refuse?

Di Marzio has been spot on so far this summer. So I hope the streak continues.

Except he hasn't. Aubameyang to Man City being a done deal stands out, but there have been other examples too.

Kill3r7

Insane money, surely must be an offer neither Juve nor Pogba can refuse?

Except he hasn't. Aubameyang to Man City being a done deal stands out, but there have been other examples too.

I have no idea about his performance with other teams but he has nailed United's signings so far, including Mou.

Jarnet87

Pogba rejoining Utd for 100M is doing the rounds

VoJbV.gif

Too many muppet lives will be lost. I believe the latest talk is that personal terms are agreed.

DBT85

Fuck me, that's many pounds.

It's one of the things I've wondered, whether we would pay that much for someone we let go for nothing. I can't imagine Fergie would be happy!

Woodward will be back to 100% grin though.

T-Rex.

Banned
He was trying to sign Pogba at Chelsea as well wasn't he? Wouldn't be surprised if it is true. It's crazy money but he's a great midfielder.

Edit: We've offered Klopp a new deal.

Gandalf

I hope to god this is true. Don't care if he left for basically nothing.

Pair the Di Marzio hint with Sky Sports saying we're after him, this might actually happen. Bloody hell.

I can't see Tevez rejoining West Ham... but that would be a great signing for them.

DBT85

He was trying to sign Pogba at Chelsea as well wasn't he? Wouldn't be surprised if it is true. It's crazy money but he's a great midfielder.

Edit: We've offered Klopp a new deal.

Good move for Pool.

I hate that there's nothing to hate about Klopp. Can't hate anyone who smiles that much.

Syder

West Ham offering 32-year-old Carlos Tevez a deal worth £150k+ p/w to return to the club.
Worth.

On a rolling 1-year contract anyway. Great rapport with the fans (shirt sales would be through the roof), still way too talented to be in the Primera División and he's a hard worker despite his age. Fortunately, we're not pressed to be putting bums in seats and Payet is looking like Tevez 2.0.

Apparently, he wanted £250k anyway so it's almost definitely not happening and even if he popped up and scored 15 goals, a 32 year old Carlos Tevez is not a long term solution to the fact that we need a 15 goal per season striker that isn't a fackin' sick note.

Lunar FC

Good move for Pool.

I hate that there's nothing to hate about Klopp. Can't hate anyone who smiles that much.

Basically how I felt when Daniel Ricciardo joined Red Bull. Was a Vettel fan but I can't hate a dude who is always smiling like that.

Audioboxer

Don't forget the £300k wage demand.

Yeah that is crazy as well.

I guess United fans can thank Rooney for stupid wages of all the incoming big players.

Right now though with no CL football the top players have the upper hand with demanding big wages.

Syder

Jordon Ibe to Bournemouth for £15m-£16m.
Wow... Surprised on Liverpool's account to sell a hot prospect like that and surprised on Ibe's account, if he goes, that he's leaving, he seemed like the natural successor to Sterling at 'Pool.

bjaelke

he seemed like the natural successor to Sterling at 'Pool.

One of Brendan's staff members at the academy got carried away last Summer and said he'd go further. Some people still believe that but he has yet to show any of it on the pitch (in large quantities). Was hoping for a loan deal.

I like Ibe but £15 million's a lot of money for someone who didn't really do all that much for us last year. He had a decent start to the season but it was difficult to see a place in the team for him.

Wow... Surprised on Liverpool's account to sell a hot prospect like that and surprised on Ibe's account, if he goes, that he's leaving, he seemed like the natural successor to Sterling at 'Pool.

I think Liverpool will put a buy back clause like they are doing with Sergi Canos.

Saying that though

£100 million for Pogba
£15 million for Ibe
£50 million for Stones.

Yeah the game is ruined

£50m for Benteke, Ibe and Skrtel would be lovely

No idea what we'll do with it, surely we can afford to dip into our own coffers rather than just spending what we bring in this summer

Just pay what they want for Dahoud innit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom