• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
£15m for Ibe is mad. It's like I was saying earlier, £30m+ for Mane isn't a big deal nowadays, same goes for £30m for Benteke. There's just too much money in the prem now.

There's just too much money in the prem now.

Never enough

124673171__427707c.jpg

Floody

£15m for Ibe is a damn good price, he has a ton of potential but seems to have gone backwards under Klopp. Wonder which youngster will get a ridiculous amount of (unjust) hype now, Ojo?

you could ask for €30M and they would pay

Don't mistake Southampton's mighty power to mug us off all the time the norm, they could probably get double that without much trouble, though.

Carbonox

Jesus Gamez will be done today.

Grant Hanley possibly the next one through the door (our replacement captain for Colo I'd imagine).

El Rafalucion.

While I didn't agree with the Mane transfer for 34m, with Benteke and Ibe going for potentially 31.5m and 15m respectively, I can't be too upset over the transfers. I just wish we would've gotten at least one household name, or someone older with good international experience. Like a Moutinho or Hector. Anyway, we still need a proper Left-Back, Central Defensive Midfielder and maybe another Center-Half and we should be good to go, given we already got the potential upgrades in Keeper and Winger positions.

Hoping Markovic gets a second chance, especially under Klopp.

Best wishes.

Woodie is so awful at transfers he has to rely on these 'super agents' to help get deals done. Giving more power to these snakes is a terrible way of doing business, even if we do get great players at the club out of it.

DBT85

Woodie is so awful at transfers he has to rely on these 'super agents' to help get deals done. Giving more power to these snakes is a terrible way of doing business, even if we do get great players at the club out of it.

All the big players have one of these slimy cunts dealing with everything so you can't avoid it.

Even though the numbers being talked about are crazy, I'd rather we spent it and had pogba than it just vanishing into the Glazers pockets. And tbh, it's not actually that much for United.

It's also not my money so I really don't care.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope Perez watched this Euro. Real already has the best midfielders in Europe, it really doesn't need Pogba. 100 millions can buy some actually good players.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I hope Perez watched this Euro. Real already has the best midfielders in Europe, it really doesn't need Pogba. 100 millions can buy some actually good players.

Tbf, Pogba is good

Not 100m pounds good, but then again, nobody is.

la_briola

Frankfurt got 6 new players, maybe someone here can say something about the non German/Bundesliga players:

Taleb Tawatha (Maccabi Haifa)
Omar Mascarell (Real Madrid)
Ante Rebic (AC Florence)

any thoughts?

Elchele

Frankfurt got 6 new players, maybe someone here can say something about the non German/Bundesliga players:

Taleb Tawatha (Maccabi Haifa)
Omar Mascarell (Real Madrid)
Ante Rebic (AC Florence)

any thoughts?

great team to fight for promotion next season m8

Wenger buy Griezmann, pay £200m
He had the opportunity to sign him from Sociedad and didn't take it. Of all the players he has missed out on I think Griezmann might be one of the worst.

I'm quite surprised no one activated his release clause before he signed a new deal, all reports had it at around €60 million. Worth it for a player who is just getting better and better.

He had the opportunity to sign him from Sociedad and didn't take it. Of all the players he has missed out on I think Griezmann might be one of the worst.

I'm quite surprised no one activated his release clause before he signed a new deal, all reports had it at around €60 million. Worth it for a player who is just getting better and better.
You know, there's no point in activating the release clause if the player doesn't want to leave.

Syder

God... Sir Alex hanging on at Man U has to have been the worst thing he could have done for the club. Letting Pogba go for nothing only for the new regime to instantly buy him for 100m must be SAF's most embarrassing gaff especially after 3 'transitional' years of rubbish. I feel they'll be far better off without Ferguson & the Class of '92 alumni hanging around.

God... Sir Alex hanging on at Man U has to have been the worst thing he could have done for the club. Letting Pogba go for nothing only for the new regime to instantly buy him for 100m must be SAF's most embarrassing gaff especially after 3 'transitional' years of rubbish. I feel they'll be far better off without Ferguson & the Class of '92 alumni hanging around.

One of the reasons why I wanted Giggs out.

Well yeah, but you don't need to go through all the hassle that is activating a release clause in Spain. You can just give his agent a call and talk about it.
Then I'll rephrase....

I'm surprised no one seemed to make the effort of trying to sign him before he signed his new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom