• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest would be good for him and besides, he's only got 1 league game this season, perhaps they will push it through so he misses the Walsall game although I doubt the FA would be that kind

Regardless of his words, common sense would suggest that there is no way Kurt would come out and call a team mate a cheat, thats just ridiculous. He and the club have issued statements anyway.

I doubt many of them care how we won, except for the fact that we did

I'm no Chelsea fan (City fan) but everyone knows how Costa plays and that he will push players, if he gets a player sent off they only have themselves to blame for not being aware of his game, It has nothing to do with cheating. Every player must have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTeVf0I_JmA and he does similar stuff in almost every game.

Another City fan! Welcome.

Cheers been around for a while but generally don't get involved in the footy talk. Well I did for a bit but that was just prior to when a lot of people got banned and the thread shut down, which killed off the enthusiasm to chat about the subject here.

Hoping to see Roberts, Garcia and Iheanacho get a run out tomorrow against Sunderland.

Cappa

Banned
Kurt Zouma ‏@KurtZouma 4m4 minutes ago
Sorry for any confusion, English is not my first language & I did not mean to accuse anyone of cheating. Simply to say ....
....Diego is a player who puts pressure on his opponents & who I have huge respect for.

lol if anyone hears the interview it seems like he has a pretty good grasp of the english language.. much better than alot of English

He knew what he was saying.. the French are known to be pretty blunt with with things (i.e. see French press). I'm sure someone in the front office chewed him out.

Blablurn

Didn't he want to be a central midfielder?

Pep'd

Hw2OQCj.png

spidye

Pep praises Alaba: "Without a doubt he can become one of the best CBs in the world"

Alaba seriously can be anything he wants. I've seen him playing as the classic AM in the Austrian team and he still managed to the best on the pitch against I thinnk Sweden it was.

The rest would be good for him and besides, he's only got 1 league game this season, perhaps they will push it through so he misses the Walsall game although I doubt the FA would be that kind

Yup, he'll be back and fully energised for the Porto match. Back to his best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpokjMDGM60

Joking, as a CFC fan I like Costa, when he's on form he's a great asset to the team. He does definitely need to calm it a bit though lol.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Diego Costa has been branded a “cheat” - by one of his OWN team mates.

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma made the amazing remark in a post-match TV interview which will only turn up the heat on the bad-boy striker.

Costa is waiting to hear whether he will be hit for a retrospective ban by the FA after his bust-up with Arsenal defender Gabriel who was sent off in the clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Zouma said Costa likes to get opponents “out of his game” and they are “proud” of him even though he “likes to cheat a lot.”

Zouma made the remarks to beIN Sports

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-costa-branded-cheat-chelsea-6487203

I wonder what Jose will say?

amazing

Meier

Hoping to see Roberts, Garcia and Iheanacho get a run out tomorrow against Sunderland.

Manuel has always been pretty reluctant to play the kids in the Cup games and I think the loss to Juventus will have him on edge about going out of that competition. Fully expect a very strong team tonight.. maybe 1 kid in the starting eleven (if we're lucky).

Manuel has always been pretty reluctant to play the kids in the Cup games and I think the loss to Juventus will have him on edge about going out of that competition. Fully expect a very strong team tonight.. maybe 1 kid in the starting eleven (if we're lucky).

You are probably right. However they need to start getting time otherwise we may as well have them on loan getting real experience, as a cup I'm not really fussed about it and would rather that was used as a focus for the subs and the youngsters given more of a chance to show what they can or can not do, alongside a few key players to conduct the game. Also I want to see what Roberts can do in place of Navas, Navas has had a shocker of a season so far, works his bollocks off and adds width but the guy can't deliver a ball, be that to another player or the back of the net and it is the perfect time to bring in a new approach when it doesn't really matter. Similarly for Iheanacho, he is an unknown quantity who has scored as many as Aguero and Bony put together yet had very few minutes (though he got lucky) and whilst their form is off it is worth seeing what he can really do.

Gabriel's red has been overturned. He won't be suspended.
Dreams can come true.

Still doesn't really mean anything now. Since Arsenal already played over half the game with 10 men.

Gabriel's red has been overturned. He won't be suspended.
Dreams can come true.

Still doesn't really mean anything now. Since Arsenal already played over half the game with 10 men.

Yeah, it's a bit fucking late now. Especially since Costa will also be "red-carded" after the fact for smacking Koscielny in the face. 11v10 the other way could have really changed the game at the time.

Fucking referees.

Blablurn

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Alaba, Bernat - Alonso - Thiago, Vidal - Müller, Douglas Costa - Götze

I guess Lewa is still not 100% match ready

Regardless of what Costa did that Gabriel red card was unquestionably that, they've set themselves a terrible precedent with overturning it.

If they wanted to reduce it to 2 or even 1 game that is a different matter entirely but to say he was wrongly sent off is hilarious

Kicking out has always been a red card since I can remember, no matter how petulant, and how little damage it causes/has potential to cause.

Not sure what the problem was with Gabriel getting a 3-match ban.

AcridMeat

Banned
Surprised Gabriel didn't get a 1 match ban. Maybe what they're thinking is all the bullshit Costa did should have resulted in a red way before what Gabriel did?

I mean that's terrible logic, he still kicked out and deserves a ban, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Surprised Gabriel didn't get a 1 match ban. Maybe what they're thinking is all the bullshit Costa did should have resulted in a red way before what Gabriel did?

I mean that's terrible logic, he still kicked out and deserves a ban, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Just the FA being inconsistent again. The campaign is real, I can feel Jose revving up, ready to unleash

raven777

Manchester UnitedVerified account
‏@ManUtd
Louis van Gaal tells #MUTV Rojo and McNair will miss the Ipswich game through injury but Jones is in the squad and will be on the bench.

Injury nightmare starting again?

GHG

So the FA basically switched the ban from Gabriel to Costa.

For the 1st time in a long time I feel like the FA gave done the right thing.

EmiPrime

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34328940

Eva Carneiro: Chelsea doctor leaves after Jose Mourinho row

Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro has decided to leave the club - six weeks after criticism from manager Jose Mourinho.

Carneiro had her role downgraded after Mourinho said his medical staff were "naive" for treating Eden Hazard during the 2-2 draw with Swansea on 8 August.

Chelsea asked Carneiro, 42, to return to work, but she has decided not to and is now considering her legal position.

The Football Association is looking into a complaint that Mourinho used abusive or sexist language towards her.

Chelsea say they do not comment on internal staffing matters.
Heather Rabbatts, chair of the FA's Inclusion Advisory Board, expressed her "sadness and anger" at the news of Carneiro's departure.

Vile club. Good luck to her.

xintin

Of all the ridiculousness surrounding Chelsea FC so far this season, this is by far the top of the list. Jose was just wrong here, let the medical team do their job.

Costa also banned 3 games (at Walsall, at Newcastle & vs Southampton). A CL game at Porto in the middle of those he'll probably play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom