• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

tumblr_nv3gxmmmGe1tptbn2o2_500.gif

norinrad

Didn't Wenger have an affair with a french rapper like a year ago? surprised his wife was still with him tbh. Anyone placing bets on first to get a new trophy wife between Wenger and Rogers?

Are we talking about a woman or a man? Rapper could be so many things

Gorlak

Banned
I'm no Chelsea fan (City fan) but everyone knows how Costa plays and that he will push players, if he gets a player sent off they only have themselves to blame for not being aware of his game, It has nothing to do with cheating. Every player must have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTeVf0I_JmA and he does similar stuff in almost every game.

Yeah, what a classy player. I absolutely want the game to be like this. Why do we need a ball anyway? Let all players just swear and spit at oneanother... WTF? "It's his kind of style, everybody should know this, yadayada" Are you kidding me? Being unrespectful and trying to deliberately get someone send off is NOT what I want to see. FUCK Costa.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
An FA charge against Diego Costa for violent conduct not seen by the match officials but caught on video has been found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing.

The Chelsea forward will, therefore, serve the standard penalty of a three-match suspension with immediate effect.

The charge, which the player denied, was in relation to an incident involving Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny in the 43rd minute of the game on Saturday [19 September 2015].

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/governanc...suspended-for-three-games#E62iAZtzTFl1qRmM.99

So Diego Costa got a three match ban, while Gabriel's red was overturned? That's something, at least

Mike Dean must feel like an absolute tool, lol

Is Mike Dean getting some punishment for that? His handling of the situation was so unbelievably wrong on almost all levels that surely there must be some retraining at the very least.

"Right Mike, again, when a player smacks another player in the face, that's a red card."

Is Mike Dean getting some punishment for that? His handling of the situation was so unbelievably wrong on almost all levels that surely there must be some retraining at the very least.

"Right Mike, again, when a player smacks another player in the face, that's a red card."

Nothing will happen. It never does. At the very most he'll be made to ref a Championship game this week, you know, because Championship games aren't important so they can have any useless twat in charge.

Jarnet87

So Paddy McNair and Rojo picked up injuries. Jesse Lingard and James Wilson both played 90 minutes on Monday. But Phil Jones is back on the bench !

Goodbye rotation. To me this was a chance to rest as many first team players as possible, but with all the injuries and lack of depth only a handful of first teamers will get the night off. I just want Pereira to play. Don't care about the league cup.

Yeah, what a classy player. I absolutely want the game to be like this. Why do we need a ball anyway? Let all players just swear and spit at oneanother... WTF? "It's his kind of style, everybody should know this, yadayada" Are you kidding me? Being unrespectful and trying to deliberately get someone send off is NOT what I want to see. FUCK Costa.

Some people are dicks you either let them get to you then get sent off or you play it wisely and leave a mark on them knowing you will get away with it due to their reputation and that the ref will now be looking at them. It is competition and aggravation of an opponent exists in all sports, gentlemanly conduct isn't applied by all and to think everyone is going to apply it when they can get away with so much is naive. It is a part of the game and as professionals they should have been prepared for him and know what was coming and used it against him. The ref had a shocker in that game but Arsenal fell for it hook line and sinker they went away with no points and Costa got a three match ban, Chelsea got three points and are going to happy with beating and rattling their rivals in a season that has started so poorly.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

yup - the thing is the counter to Costa-type wind ups is to hit the deck the SECOND he puts his hands in your face and roll around, rest of the players making sure that the ref is made aware.

No one can win this - in this case it would have been the arsenal players getting the "he was hardly touched - Costa sent of for nothing, bloody Arsenal cheats" - but, hey, that's unfortunately the counter that works and , unfortunately for Arsenal, they didn't do what they needed to do to get Costa sent off when they had numerous chances.

Though I wouldn't let Mike Dean ref a jam contest let alone a football match.

AcridMeat

Banned
No one can win this - in this case it would have been the arsenal players getting the "he was hardly touched - Costa sent of for nothing, bloody Arsenal cheats" - but, hey, that's unfortunately the counter that works and , unfortunately for Arsenal, they didn't do what they needed to do to get Costa sent off when they had numerous chances.
Eh...Koscielny went down to his bump after getting mugged in the face, still didn't work. Just leave it on Mike Dean and move on.

raven777

De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Young; Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Pereira; Roone

First competitive start for Pereira

Tubie

Nolito is really fucking good.

What a great goal!

Edit: 2-0!

Ter Stegen and that whole Barca back line is playing like shit right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom