• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Auba >>> Lewa
eeBEFVD.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
Just saw De Bruyne's winner, that kid is pure class. :O His game against Bournemouth was insane too, every ball perfectly weighted and thunderbolts at the goal.

Beefy

Patrick Vieira has backed a Swiss TV decision to sack a Champions League pundit for claiming “black players are not used to paying attention to certain details”.

The Manchester City youth coach spoke out after former Derby defender and Italy international Stefano Eranio caused a storm with his comments.

Eranio had been speaking about Roma defender Antonio Rudiger during the German’s 4-4 draw against Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday night.

Eranio said: “Black players in the defensive line often make these mistakes because they’re not concentrated. They are powerful physically, but when it is time to think … they often make this type of error.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-derby-defender-stefano-eranio-6684719

List of gettable Bundesliga players Klopp may go for in winter:
  • Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim, striker/winger, to pair up with Firmino, 20m min.)
  • Sven Bender (BVB, DM, cause he likes him and he's not that valued by Tuchel, 15m min.)
  • Neven Subotic (BVB, cause he likes him and he's not that valued by Tuchel, 15m min.)
No one gettable in the BL as far as creative, semi-creative central midfielders go. Feel like there is the largest gap in Liverpool behin Henderson.
Come summer he may want to try to get some Schlolke, Gladbach, Leverkusen talent. Like Max Meyer, Leroy Sane, Granit Xhaka, Chalhanoglu, Belarabi, Kramer, Julian Brand.
I`m sure we'll se at least one of these players in Liverpool in 2016. Liverpool is easiliy going to become the n1 talent magnet, especially when it comes to German talent.
Maybe he'll go for our best stars too, but ppl. like Gündogan, Hummels & Reus are likely to go to Spain. Especially Gündogan.

Boy do we love 1-1 draws this season..sigh.

1iverpoo1

13 games, scored more than once in 1 single game, against Aston Villa at home.

Drawn 1-1 against Carlisle at home, Norwich at home, Sion at home, Rubin at home, Everton away and Bordeaux away

Its the one thing I disagreed with from Klopp's first interviews, I felt that it was the attacking side of the game that needed fixing asap. Then again, he presumably knows a little bit more about football than I do :p

Looks like it is that time of year again, the Messi transfer rumours are doing the rounds again. It has to be the most boorish bit of football click bait going.

GHG

Gold Member
I'd back last seasons Chelsea to still come back and win that game.

This season... Not so much.

The amount of times players get booked then commit fouls and get a warning... nothing for Matic there at all.

Now lets see if the ref has the same policy for West Ham should the situation arise in the second half

little harsh on chelsea, matic could have been given a warning of some kind...

Having the ball 97% over the line(closest i've ever seen from that technology) and then another goal wrongly ruled offside 5 minutes later....They haven't played that badly but it's really not going chelsea's way this season at all.

King_Moc

Banned
little harsh on chelsea, matic could have been given a warning of some kind...

Having the ball 97% over the line and then another goal wrongly ruled offside 5 minutes later....They haven't played that badly but it's really not going chelsea's way this season at all.

But the ball wasn't over the line, and the goal was offside, so....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom