• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that? It's not a goal so I don't see the issue. Whole ball needs to be over the line, you can't argue with the technology.
]

Chill out...I agree, there is no issue, it wasn't a goal.
I was joking that mourinho will probably say the ball was weak and naive for not fully crossing the line.

The only top four club I want to win things if Liverpool don't.

Yep

The other 3 can do one

Wenger is boss, there's not massive disdain between our fans (compared to the others) and their players are likable. Not much reason to dislike them other than the fact that they've been better than us for ages :p

Haha, West Ham's joint-chairman David Gold posted this:

CSGhZ2dWwAARypf.jpg

OK "who would like to play for Chelsea next week"?

https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/657984494700511232

S9Dvthm.jpg

Hope we push hard for the title this year

I'm interested to see how Arsenal do after the holiday period and how they will deal with the inevitable knocks, looking forward to the 21st December much more so than the derby tomorrow. Plus the second to last game of the season is City v Arsenal which could be a big one.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm interested to see how Arsenal do after the holiday period and how they will deal with the inevitable knocks, looking forward to the 21st December much more so than the derby tomorrow. Plus the second to last game of the season is City v Arsenal which could be a big one.

Yeah, we're sadly consistently inconsistent.

Says a lot about Milner's technical ablity if he's been dropped by Klopp. The other side of his game is theoretically perfect for him

Wish that knobend would sop leaking the team though, as well as the person giving him the info obviously

Tenebrous

The leaked Liverpool team for today:

Captain Mamadou!

Captain Sakho! That's awesome news, truly.

Huh, firmino and coutinho in the same team. Wonder how that's going to work. Coutinho deep and firmino as second striker?

Mig
Back 4
Lucas Can
Lallana Firmino Coutinho
Benteke

That's Klopp's BD 4-2-3-1 formation. Lallana & Coutinho have freedom to cut in and even swap places with Firmino. That three is very fluid, and honestly, pretty exciting in the long run (except maybe Lallana).

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I really want to stay awake, get lit, and watch 4 matches in a row. But I can't, my cousin got a sitter for his kids and has a rare day off from fatherhood. He really wants to hangout today. I guess I'll have to sleep til Atlético v Valencia and hit the pitch after that. I'd do both but today was the end of my work week and I'd fall asleep at some point and who knows when I'd wake up.

Got a lapdance bet going for the Manchester Derby. Rooting for City in it. For every goal in the margin of victory, an extra lapdance is added. Too bad Silva and Aguero aren't playing or else it'd be a 5-0 type score. I'm counting on you KDB!

I don't understand Sky Sports with regards to pundits. Like how they have Souness and Carragher when they'll be watching Liverpool later. Have Souness and Le Tiss or something FFS.

Stulaw

Sherwood's been sacked/departed from Villa.

Happy with the West Ham win yesterday, Watford will probably be tough next week though.

Says a lot about Milner's technical ablity if he's been dropped by Klopp. The other side of his game is theoretically perfect for him

Silva made him look much better than he actually was, and he significantly improve his passing game but it was still a massive step down compared to others on that team. Thought he could step into the boots of Gerrard but never had the vision for it, as a work horse to fit different roles to change the game up when needed there are few players in the Premier League that have the consistent work rate and if used well can help a team beat Bayern but he is no linchpin the press were crazily hyping him up to be in his move.

EmiPrime

Feel sorry for Tim, the writing was on the wall when Villa lost their 2 best players. All the tactics in the world couldn't have saved them.

McLaren next for the sack?

Him or José, but only by virtue of Sunderland, Villa and Liverpool already sacking theirs. Today stings, but the result last week will have bought him a bit more time, and they were comfortably the better side today until the dubious sending off.

Also, there's that whole weird situation with him being on the board. He'd have to sack himself - resigning, basically. So can he be sacked?

At the start of the season if you'd offered Newcastle the chance to be only five points behind Chelsea after ten games, they'd have taken it I reckon.

That back four doesn't inspire much confidence against City.

And Rooney is still starting...ugh.

I understand the reasoning to start with those full backs (pace!), but I just don't trust either of them in big games. Darmian and Blind are plain better defenders and read the game miles better too.

Him or José, but only by virtue of Sunderland, Villa and Liverpool already sacking theirs. Today stings, but the result last week will have bought him a bit more time, and they were comfortably the better side today until the dubious sending off.

Also, there's that whole weird situation with him being on the board. He'd have to sack himself - resigning, basically. So can he be sacked?

The 'board' thing is more of in line with that strange Liverpool Committee thing. Apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom