• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

Confirmed #LFC team v @SouthamptonFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SouthamptonFC: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Firmino, Allen, Ibe, Randall

I would have prefered Firmino and Benteke to start but we'll see how it goes.

#SaintsFC team against #LFC: Stekelenburg, Cédric, Fonte (c), van Dijk, Bertrand, Wanyama, Clasie, S. Davis, Mané, Tadić, Pellè.

#SaintsFC substitutes against #LFC: K. Davis (GK), Yoshida, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Ramírez, Juanmi, Caulker.

Tenebrous

Confirmed #LFC team v @SouthamptonFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SouthamptonFC: Bogdan, Toure, Benteke, Firmino, Allen, Ibe, Randall

I would have prefered Firmino and Benteke to start but we'll see how it goes.

Same here. I've a feeling Wanyama is going to bully us today, and Benteke would offer more than Origi against him.

Bournemouth looking like a Championship side playing in the Premier League. Massive shame.

Hopefully they can get some talent in (on loan perhaps to avoid those long-term big wages) in January - maybe they can go ambitious and try for Victor Valdes. Or some more Premier League experience, just to help shore things up a little at the back. Because as it stands, with the injuries they have and the lack of squad depth, they'll sink without a trace.

Bournemouth looking like a Championship side playing in the Premier League. Massive shame.

Hopefully they can get some talent in (on loan perhaps to avoid those long-term big wages) in January. Because as it stands, with the injuries they have and the lack of squad depth, they'll sink without a trace.

They still might survive by being only the fourth-worst team.

These Lexus PR guys didn't think their advertising through.

"Lexus stoppage time of 3 mins."

No Lexus, I would like my car to stop a bit sooner than that please.

RiggyRob

Nobody's gonna pay his salary, so selling him would be impossible.

At this point, terminating his contract alone would save something like £12m a year.

I'm not really sure what's going to happen with Rooney at the end of this season. He probably won't be sold, and he should be dropped right now for Martial, but then he's been an integral part of United for the last decade and I'm sure he wants to get the all time goal scoring record.

Nobody's gonna pay his salary, so selling him would be impossible.

Liverpool can't seem to get rid of José Enrique either. Doesn't mean they're forced to start him for every game until his contract expires.

If you're not good enough, you're not good enough. He's been like this for over a year now, it's not just a form thing. If this player wasn't called Wayne Rooney, he wouldn't be anywhere near the Man Utd or England teams. Living off reputation. We've seen it before with Michael Owen - why do people seem to think he'll come good again?

So if Liverpool lose today will it be Klopp out?

Well now that Sherwood's available, I'd imagine it'd be a matter of when, not if.

Expectedly turgid. I was surprised with Pelli going for the draw so early on though, I was impressed with United not falling for the usual City counter traps though almost pulled it off a few times but lacked any pace in that area. Bony doesn't fit City, hopefully we will start to utilise him properly as he is a good player but he has no pace which doesn't suit how we are playing at the moment and doesn't look like he is part of the team. I don't know if Otamendi had a good game or if Rooney is just bobbins. Happy with draw overall take the point and become top of the league again and set us up well for the home game later in the season.

I think once United get out of finding their new brand of football and can adapt more to win a game they will become a really potent team again.

Beefy

Daniel Storey
‏@danielstorey85
55% passing accuracy for Wayne Rooney. No shots on target. No chances created. Lost possession five more times than any other player.

Tubie

Daniel Storey
‏@danielstorey85
55% passing accuracy for Wayne Rooney. No shots on target. No chances created. Lost possession five more times than any other player.

I don't think Rooney is even good enough for ANY premier league team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom