• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were much improved tonight (not difficult) but still couldn't provide enough to beat a 10 man Stoke, not getting much luck and not making any ourselves.

Costa's injury will be a concern although Kenedy looked good which is nice.

RiggyRob

I hope LVG takes the League Cup semi-seriously - it's not often two major contenders for domestic cup competitions get knocked out and it'd be nice to win something as a mark of progress.

Depressing, performances are definitely improving but results can't be ignored :( I knew Hazard was gonna miss, even though tbh his pen was solid (at least based on the stream I was watching which had the camera behind the goal for whatever reason).

Sounds like nobody has a fucking clue what is going on

Heard tweaked ligaments and back for Chelsea, and general ligaments which afaik is 4 weeks+ on the sidelines. The difference between those 2 could make or break our season. The goals won't be coming from anywhere else.

We were much improved tonight (not difficult) but still couldn't provide enough to beat a 10 man Stoke, not getting much luck and not making any ourselves.

Costa's injury will be a concern although Kenedy looked good which is nice.

To be fair to Chelsea, Stoke away on a Tuesday night is the hardest places to play in world football. Was it raining? 'Cause that would've made it even harder.

bjaelke

To be fair to Chelsea, Stoke away on a Tuesday night is the hardest places to play in world football. Was it raining? 'Cause that would've made it even harder.

_86361697_diegocosta.jpg

Jose said he thinks Costa got injured punching himself, i've no idea if he was being serious but if he is I would probably slap him in the face next time I saw him...

Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain both out for (at least) 3 matches.

Suddenly the area where Arsenal have the most depth (midfield / wing) is the area where they're threadbare.

Fit: Alexis, Özil, Campbell, Cazorla, Coquelin, Flamini.

Injured: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Wilshere, Rosický, Ramsey, Arteta.

I'd guess it'll be Campbell out wide for an extended run then. Other options are to recall Gnabry from his disastrous West Brom loan (not sure on eligibilty though), push Cazorla out wide and pair Coquelin with Flamini (unlikely), or Bellerín goes up to right wing with Debuchy in behind him (wouldn't surprise me too much). What do you think we'll see for Swansea / Bayern / Spurs?

Sky is a load of shite. Having experienced the full NBC coverage last year it highlights just how poor Sky and BT are and we pay a crap load more for it. What is the point in getting rights to broadcast games when they only broadcast a handful. Should cancel it really.

Sky is a load of shite. Having experienced the full NBC coverage last year it highlights just how poor Sky and BT are and we pay a crap load more for it. What is the point in getting rights to broadcast games when they only broadcast a handful. Should cancel it really.

You know they aren't legally allowed to broadcast the 3 PM kick-offs, right?

RiggyRob

UK TV subscription providers should start selling team-specific season passes to watch all of the legally-allowable-on-TV games.

The games are already being televised, just not in this country, and it'd make more sense than paying for games that you're not all that interested in (although there can be some crackers like Newcastle 6-2 Norwich).

The 2018 World Cup was going to Russia before the vote even took place according to Sepp Blatter. The same was supposed to happen with the US in 2022.

What a surprise.

Suspended Fifa president Sepp Blatter has suggested there was an agreement in place for Russia to host the 2018 World Cup - before the vote took place.

The 79-year-old told Russian news agency Tass of a "discussion" in 2010 about future World Cups.He added a late swing in voting that gave Qatar the 2022 World Cup undid a similar agreement to hand it to the US. The Swiss is serving a 90-day ban alongside Uefa chief Michel Platini and both deny any wrongdoing.

Asked whether it was a mistake to hold voting for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments simultaneously, Blatter replied that before the ballot: "It was agreed inside the group that we go to Russia because it has never been to eastern Europe, and for 2022 we go back to America. "And so we would have the World Cup in the two biggest political powers."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34657900?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

RefigeKru

Banned
Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain both out for (at least) 3 matches.

Suddenly the area where Arsenal have the most depth (midfield / wing) is the area where they're threadbare.

I'd guess it'll be Campbell out wide for an extended run then. Other options are to recall Gnabry from his disastrous West Brom loan (not sure on eligibilty though), push Cazorla out wide and pair Coquelin with Flamini (unlikely), or Bellerín goes up to right wing with Debuchy in behind him (wouldn't surprise me too much). What do you think we'll see for Swansea / Bayern / Spurs?

ruh oh

Anyone got a good stream for the Liverpool match? Mine is a bit crap.

Btw if Liverpool had done their research properly, they would have known that Benteke is injury prone. Why they decided to spend over £32 million on the guy is ludicrous. They could have had 2 really good strikers for much cheaper.

Damn I miss Suarez, the guy never missed a game through injury. I find it funny those fans who wanted him gone are now wishing he never left. Instead they were saying "Oh we have Sturridge, he will save the day". Yeah of course he will.

Meier

It starts off bad, really bad, but gets better and better. I love it. Would be a real shame if it didn't get a full 2nd season. I think my favourite show on TV right now.

We loved it from the start! Veronica Mars is one of my wife and I's favorite shows so it was inevitable we would.

Kelechi is good beyond his years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom