• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

12295245_1015375860174ju5a.jpg

TeddyBoy

Nice one Everton, managed to score a winner in injury time after letting slip a 0-2 lead only to let in an equaliser in the 97th minute :lol

Vardy killing it, I'm loving watching this guy, it's hard to believe he was vanished from the world of football nearly all his career and now he's killing it like he's Ronaldo or Messi or Suarez. Great stuff. When you look at him at his full career, when he retires, I don't think he'll win any awards for how great he was, but man, for at least half a season this guy is at the top of the world.

I'm absolutely loving watching Leicester too. With Chelsea down, I'm rooting for Leicester lol.

MauroNL

Not much Van Gaal can do about this, these players can't even pass a ball forward to the bloody right colour. There is so much space in the midfield yet none of the Utd players are making runs or creating space. There is no will and desire to win a game anymore.

Not much Van Gaal can do about this, these players can't even pass a ball forward to the bloody right colour. There is so much space in the midfield yet none of the Utd players are making runs or creating space. There is no will and desire to win a game anymore.
It also doesn't help that everyone just stands around. Make a fucking run into the box!

This is Van Gaal's fault.

I went to see Rooney's career stats after reading this page's posts and.... He's been pretty consistent at least in goals per season all his career, but this time he's having an awful start... 2 goals in 11... Damn. That even hurts me.

I went to see Rooney's career stats after reading this page's posts and.... He's been pretty consistent at least in goals per season all his career, but this time he's having an awful start... 2 goals in 11... Damn. That even hurts me.

Those stats don't tell you the whole picture. He can barely fucking dribble two metres without losing the ball, his first, second, third touch are embarrassing, he can't run, he slows down all the plays, he can't pass and he can't score or assist. One of those goals was a deflection off his knees from like a metre away after a 19 year old did all the hard work. It's basically been like watching 10 vs 12.

And it's quite amazing that Mata, Darmian and Herrera have gotten dropped in the past after one poor game but he continues to keep getting starts simply because of Gaal's notion that the captain must always play.

Martial was having a blast, banging in goals every game when he was in the middle. Then Gaal switched him off to the right to accommodate Rooney and because apparently it's a better position for him and now he's dried up for goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom