• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Fuck Sanchez out with hamstring. Ugh this game is shit. Cazorla almost down, now Sanchez down, Koscielny down, should have been 10 men.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks Wenger

"Same old Arsenal, always cheating"

1. When do we cheat?

2. Sanchez was pushed onto concrete, you fucking inbreds

Those are very optimistic price tags :lol

I really hope Kloppo signs Subotic in January. Liverpool could use another good CB and Subotic deserves to play more often, like, a lot.

TeddyBoy

Those are very optimistic price tags :lol

I really hope Kloppo signs Subotic in January. Liverpool could use another good CB and Subotic deserves to play more often, like, a lot.

The prices are actually directly from transfermarkt.com :lol (Reus and Hummels)

And Subotic is only £9.8m!

We need to replace Skrtel for sure but Mignolet just isn't good enough, the weakest keeper out of the top 6 teams in the PL.

The prices are actually directly from transfermarkt.com :lol (Reus and Hummels)

And Subotic is only £9.8m!

We need to replace Skrtel for sure but Mignolet just isn't good enough, the weakest keeper out of the top 6 teams in the PL.

There's a few rumours linking us with Butland. After losing Begovic I can't see Stoke wanting to lose him, especially seeing he's one of the most in-form keepers at the moment.

TeddyBoy

There's a few rumours linking us with Butland. After losing Begovic I can't see Stoke wanting to lose him, especially seeing he's one of the most in-form keepers at the moment.

Butland is playing well but I think that's leftover from the Rodgers era. Rodgers had a point to prove that British players were just as good as their European counterparts so bought British players if possible to prove that point.

Can you imagine RAWK if Liverpool bought Reus.

Probably won't be as good as when Klopp was confirmed as our new manager :p

Quite satisfied with a draw at WHL. It was more important not to lose, 3 clean sheets in a row, solid defensive performance with a little bit of a luck, we're definitely coming back but its going to be a long road, quite happy with grinding out the necessary results as it stands.

I am looking forward to TC coming back though, Begovic has been our best player outside of Willian but I still think that will help settle the defence in front of him a bit more and he is a class GK too.

Also the Costa pantomime is hilarious, so many people want to see some big problem, a player being pissed off he's not on the pitch is something I like seeing as a fan... Costa is clearly high maintenance but of the big players who isn't? You can't have that fire in his belly without taking the other side of it too, he's an animal but he's also not in great form, hopefully when he next plays he is fired up to make a point. I did think he should have come on though tbh.

I am quite glad that bib didn't hit Jose though, hah.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Juve are going to win Serie A. Their defense looks great again. Inter, Napoli, Fiore, and Roma look like Europa-league caliber teams. Other than Inter they're all bottler clubs that only win the league when an all-time legend in his prime is with them. Juve have been getting stronger as the season progresses and have the experience.

Juve are going to win Serie A. Their defense looks great again. Inter, Napoli, Fiore, and Roma look like Europa-league caliber teams. Other than Inter they're all bottler clubs that only win the league when an all-time legend in his prime is with them. Juve have been getting stronger as the season progresses and have the experience.

I take it they've turned it around then? Thought they were heading the way of Chelsea and Sevilla (and Borussia from last season).

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I take it they've turned it around then? Thought they were heading the way of Chelsea and Sevilla (and Borussia from last season).
5th in the table, 6 points from Inter, Inter and Napoli play tomorrow. They didn't drop a single point in Serie A the entire month of November.

They are 5th in Serie A, 6 points from the top of the table and 4 points from top 3. Inter are looking extremely strong defensively however. Juventus' fall should have been expected after the loss of Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez. They added to the team, but readjusting will take time.

I truly expect them to challenge in a couple of months.

As for Liverpool, rather tame game. It disappoints me how we were able to take down big clubs but struggle to score against average competition still. A win is a win anyway, I'll take it.

Best wishes.

Timbuktu

As for Liverpool, rather tame game. It disappoints me how we were able to take down big clubs but struggle to score against average competition still. A win is a win anyway, I'll take it.

If they can find a way to get pass teams at home when opponents sit deeper, liverpool is well placed to challenge for top 4. Pretty much every result in the weekend worked well for them to close the gap; and it was great to see Henderson and Sturridge back, which will hopefully give the team more options in these situations. The injury situation at Arsenal can't come at a worst time though, it's ridiculous how the team is run into the ground already before the busiest part of the season.

Nyx

What a fantastic Di Tommaso memorial match yesterday.

It was exactly 10 years ago that David di Tommaso died in his sleep at 26 years old so FC Utrecht organized all kinds of stuff to remember him and put his family in the spotlight.

And after a dreadful first half where we went 0-1 down and lost a player because of a red card, we came back with 10 man in the second half to win the game 4-2.

4 goals for former number four Di Tommaso, like he orchestrated it himself.

media_xll_3439455.jpg

Amazing day.
edit: and an amazing equalizer :

aETft2NOdF9GE.gif

LNBL

What a fantastic Di Tommaso memorial match yesterday.

It was exactly 10 years ago that David di Tommaso died in his sleep at 26 years old so FC Utrecht organized all kinds of stuff to remember him and put his family in the spotlight.

And after a dreadful first half where we went 0-1 down and lost a player because of a red card, we came back with 10 man in the second half to win the game 4-2.

4 goals for former number four Di Tommaso, like he orchestrated it himself.

media_xll_3439455.jpg

Amazing day.
edit: and an amazing equalizer :

aETft2NOdF9GE.gif

Crazy game, scoring 2 goals late with a man down was awesome.

So, Aubameyang is such a beast.

17 goals in the Bundesliga (only Gerd Müller had scored more at this point of the season)
4 goals in the EL (where he only played 3 matches and was rested for the other two)
1 goal in the 1 DFB cup match

All in all 22 goals in 18 matches

People laughed when I said I don't miss Lewa.

So, Aubameyang is such a beast.

17 goals in the Bundesliga (only Gerd Müller had scored more at this point of the season)
4 goals in the EL (where he only played 3 matches and was rested for the other two)
1 goal in the 1 DFB cup match

All in all 22 goals in 18 matches

People laughed when I said I don't miss Lewa.
I agree. He's reached Batistuta/Vieri/Stoichkov level and might be the best striker right now on the planet. But we once said that about Dzeko and Forlan also. Fitness fluctuations play an important role over a career and I still haven't sufficient proof to start thinking that he might be above the two I just mentioned.

I agree. He's reached Batistuta/Vieri/Stoichkov level and might be the best striker right now on the planet. But we once said that about Dzeko and Forlan also. Fitness fluctuations play an important role over a career and I still haven't sufficient proof to start thinking that he might be above the two I just mentioned.

Well, we still have Suarez and Neymar whom I'd rate higher right now. So I wouldn't go that far.

But of course, he's only been this great for about a year. He has to prove he can keep it up to become one of the best. But that doesn't interest me right now.

I think it looks nice, but its obviously not what the final version will look like either (round the sides anyway).

I just want a bigger stadium though, I dont really care what it looks like

RiggyRob

Is Sky not paying him enough for being a pundit? I don't see why he'd leave a job where's he's respected as being very knowledgeable to becoming a coach where there's less interest from the UK.

DKehoe

Is Sky not paying him enough for being a pundit? I don't see why he'd leave a job where's he's respected as being very knowledgeable to becoming a coach where there's less interest from the UK.

Maybe not having so much attention from the British media for his first management role is a plus for him.

RiggyRob

Maybe not having so much attention from the British media for his first management role is a plus for him.

I guess, but that didn't pan out so well for Moyes.

I'm interested to see how he'll do, hope it goes well for him - this from Redcafe made me laugh:

Imagine the scenes if United appointed an inexperienced foreigner simply because he was mates with the owner.

Very interesting move this. I really hope he does well.

What would be considered doing well in La Liga? I've really not been paying much attention to European football for a while now. Are Valencia still one of the big boys of Spain?

Will Neville still be part of the England set-up?

I'm going to miss his punditry. The only one actually worth listening to.

Very interesting move this. I really hope he does well.

What would be considered doing well in La Liga? I've really not been paying much attention to European football for a while now. Are Valencia still one of the big boys of Spain?

Valencia were bought by a billionaire from Singapore before the 2014 season started. They signed a bunch of players and managed to get 4th place. This year they've been playing CL and the league and have struggled and are currently 9th. Valencia are 5 points out of a CL spot, if Neville can make that up they'll probably make him the full time coach.

sora87

Sturridge really is one of the best finishers around, shame about the glass bones :(
I feel we would have sat back and retreated under rodgers with that early goal, different times indeed

TeddyBoy

Wait so was that Moreno or Origi?

Personally I hope Origi gets the nod. Lad really needs a boost in confidence...

Best wishes.

I don't know, I think Moreno needs a goal since this is his last goal was this from last season:

SociableShorttermHylaeosaurus.gif

This is just an excuse to post my second favourite goal :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom