• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Can't believe it took them that long to realise that was offside. They had about 3 players off!

Tony "driving ban" Pulis looking pissed off about it. He can bugger off.

SkylineRKR

LvG is a hack and sucks the fun out of the game with his endless ramblings and theorycraft. His Holland and Bayern were basically Robben and 10 soldiers. Thats why he wants to spend 100 million euros on Bale, hoping he'd do the same. 16 months, endless budget and still puzzling. I'd say the likes of Mourinho, Ancelotti and Blanc got their shit together in a quicker fashion.

He's utter shit and United best sacks him today, they can still grab the title under a decent manager that brings the fun and actual football back. Ancelotti would be a great choice.

Tubie

Madrid is playing so bad right now :(

Would not surprise me if Villarreal wins this.

Edit: that didn't take long lol, Villarreal up 1-0.

Lol Madrid. Will the twitter war continue..

Off course it will and Madrid should act as grown up people and ignore Pique. Who cares what he says and thinks.
And honestly after the humiliating mistake in the Copa, it's normal that the anti-Madrid people are laughing and you can't blame them for it.

The real question is what did Pique not say :D

After the Copa elimination:
Pique tweet
This of course got a lot of attention and tweets back and forth.

Pique has a well known history for hating Real Madrid and publicly showing it. Honestly I think it's fine. Who cares really. Real Madrid will always get lots of hate, they should just ignore it. If Pique wants to act like a moron, that's his choice, I never understood how someone can hate a football club.

FootballFan

Lol can't handle Piques bants.

Arbeloa ain't shit, terrible player and worse person. And Madrids embarrassing disqualification from CDR is hilarious.

PIIIIIIQUEEEEE <3

sora87

Here's hoping Mignolet gets shown the door in january and we get a capable keeper in.
A creative midfielder and good striker wouldn't go amiss either, oh and a capable central defender too. Not too much to ask.

Here's hoping Mignolet gets shown the door in january and we get a capable keeper in.
A creative midfielder and good striker wouldn't go amiss either, oh and a capable central defender too. Not too much to ask.

Who's available (other than maybe Valdes)? Would Arsenal sell them Ospina or Szczesny? Maybe Diego Lopez from AC Milan... Would any of the top German keepers go to a Europa League side in another country?

Also, keep Mignolet. Competition helps players.

bjaelke

Marc-André ter Stegen is there for the taking. Only a matter of time before Barcelona is excluded from CDR and then Klopp can lure him away with the promise of a
league cup
semi.

---

CL draw in one hour with EL an hour later.

Nyx

Ajax had only 1 shot on goal yesterday at Utrecht, which was in the 36th minute of the game. They had zero (!) attempts in the second half.

Ajax had only 1 shot on goal yesterday at Utrecht, which was in the 36th minute of the game. They had zero (!) attempts in the second half.

The fans laugh at Sanogo, but his hold up play is probably the strongest part of his game. When you're struggling to create, that can be exactly what you need.

God knows why they loaned him if they don't want to use him though, he was hardly an unknown quantity - they knew what they were getting. Wouldn't be surprised to see him recalled in January - but then maybe Wenger will prefer to play hard ball as he is with Gnabry at West Brom.

Z6IILsF.jpg

Nyx

The fans laugh at Sanogo, but his hold up play is probably the strongest part of his game. When you're struggling to create, that can be exactly what you need.

God knows why they loaned him if they don't want to use him though, he was hardly an unknown quantity - they knew what they were getting. Wouldn't be surprised to see him recalled in January - but then maybe Wenger will prefer to play hard ball as he is with Gnabry at West Brom.

From what I've read Ajax fans think he can't play football or score goals, they think he's terrible.

I don't know cause I hardly seen him play.

Utrecht's striker Sebastien Haller is in talks with several English clubs I just read, probably Sunderland and/or Norwich City.

From what I've read Ajax fans think he can't play football or score goals, they think he's terrible.

I know he runs like a baby giraffe on ice and hasn't scored a goal that hasn't come off his shin, but it seems bizzarre to leave him on the bench all match when the team is so dire going forward.

I've seen him play regularly and my eyes still hurt. The Sanogo we see in Ajax is just a plain bad player. Maybe he's not fit, doesn't fit well in Amsterdam, ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom