• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

I honestly thought Pep would be at city this year, and ancelotti at Bayern. City still have to be the favorites for Pep given the connections and their long interest. United can't afford to lose out on one of Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho. There are reports already saying Ancelotti is headed to Bayern. I like Mou but I think it's the hardest sell of the three.

Yea I think Pep to City and Ancelotti to Bayern is already set.... which only leaves Mourinho. We need to get him asap if we are not getting Pep or Ancelotti.

Blablurn

CWqZkMaUwAEUo2T.jpg:large

TeddyBoy

Ancelotti will be a great manager at Bayern.

I think Pep will go to City with Mourinho heading to United. Mourinho was quite complimentary towards United before he had his second spell at Chelsea and I'm still surprised he didn't become manager after Ferguson left.

Clegg

norwich players said the same after the left old trafford yesterday
And they were right to because we're shit.

But Ancelotti, despite being in this supposed 'elite' band of managers is still a significant step down from Guardiola. Just poach some young German manager or something.

When you're a team like Bayern with strong traditions and identity you shouldn't need a quick fix manager especially when you're so comfortable in the league. Build something long term with someone you know will be there for the long haul.

Clegg

You were as bad without him as you were with him.
True. But Rooney is demonstrably awful. One of the highest paid footballers in the world yet he can't actually trap a ball. Nor can he run. The only place he can play now is up front because he hasn't the legs to play anywhere else, but he's crap at that too.

RiggyRob

The problem is more to do with the players not being good enough to be honest.

Did anyone see Rooney yesterday?

The first team of:
Darmian-Smalling-Blind-Shaw
Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger
Mata-Herrera-Memphis
Martial

Is good enough, there's enough quality in that team and the squad replacements to beat Norwich, Bournemouth and West Ham. It's just LVG's insistence on playing Rooney and sticking to rigid tactics that don't work.

I'd be willing to bet Mourinho would be much more flexible on a game to game basis, but then we'd lose out on bringing through the youth players like Lingard, Pereira, McNair etc. because he wouldn't trust them.

moojito

This should be a lot bigger than it is. You don't get to see the best in Europe v the best of South America that often. Compared to the champions league, this tournament has had very little coverage in the UK, at least.

This should be a lot bigger than it is. You don't get to see the best in Europe v the best of South America that often. Compared to the champions league, this tournament has had very little coverage in the UK, at least.

No tournament without UK involvement has much coverage in the UK, really.

fuenf

And they were right to because we're shit.

But Ancelotti, despite being in this supposed 'elite' band of managers is still a significant step down from Guardiola. Just poach some young German manager or something.

When you're a team like Bayern with strong traditions and identity you shouldn't need a quick fix manager especially when you're so comfortable in the league. Build something long term with someone you know will be there for the long haul.

A new coach doesn't get any time at Bayern. It's sink or swim. Coaching Bayern is like coaching Real Madrid. Finish the first half of the season out of the CL ranks? See you later.

The Heynckes and Pep years just wear exceptionally calm, if only because of their enormous reputation. And even then, people were calling for Jupps head after Chelsea and Peps after Real / Barca. Pep staying for 3 three years, is already the longest term of a Bayern coach since Hitzfeld I.

Bayern needs a coach of Ancelottis pedigree to successfully navigate the media. And how is a young coach supposed to follow Pep? They don't need another innovative coach, it's clear that ever since LVG possession football is Bayerns new DNA, you just continue to build on it.

Ancelotti doenst even need to be the next Pep, if he manages to be the next Heynckes, he will already have surpassed Pep.

tim.mbp

I'm shocked it's even on TV here in America.

moojito

Liverpool have been flapping in the breeze for too long. They need some of that LvG philosophy to steady themselves. Like an anchor. Dragging them down, down. Send Klopp to Manchester.

Blablurn

Liverpool have been flapping in the breeze for too long. They need some of that LvG philosophy to steady themselves. Like an anchor. Dragging them down, down. Send Klopp to Manchester.

reviving liverpool seems hard

depsite them havign a lot of money and a long foot ball tradition

but despite all this their squad looks just mediocre

Rummenigge with this signing just reinforced the fact that the Bundesliga is a brand that is here to stay. I would be surprised now if the next TV deal doesn't cross the yearly 1.2 Billion dollars mark (the current deal vastly undersells the league at arnd 600 Million dollars per year). It just has to when you get the likes of Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Ancelotti or Neuer in your league.

Regardless, he has done all he could to put Bayern and Germany on everyone's radar. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom