• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

I might be blind but I can't find any of the games on TV here in the UK.

Hopefully the guy taking the Prem to court wins. The director of Virgin says it is disgusting that all the games are not shown in the UK. He said BT, Sky and Virgin should be able to show every game to their subscribers. He said the Prem is deliberately making the amount of Prem games low so the price is high.

Amazing - just powerful, direct running is causing the league so many problems.

Costa and Fabregas off to a few boos around the ground and Mourinho's name being sung.

Costa went down the tunnel quite quickly. A big shame because he can be a great player but I think he will decide to leave.

xintin

Amazing - just powerful, direct running is causing the league so many problems.

Costa and Fabregas off to a few boos around the ground and Mourinho's name being sung.
and Oscar off to cheers. The atmosphere at The bridge will change if we can start to reel in some wins, but it's understandable right now.

Moobabe

and Oscar off to cheers. The atmosphere at The bridge will change if we can start to reel in some wins, but it's understandable right now.

I think the fans are a loyal bunch - but the fans are definitely going to need winning over by some of these lads.

Incidentally this is the best I've seen Mikel play in a Chelsea shirt in a few years.

Calling it. Leicester are winning the league.

21cd7e7b6bc1893c23a2e2faad0e9239.jpg

norinrad

Time to forget about attacking football and get the defensive thing going. United clearly lacks finishes but LvG under fans pressure goes for attacking football only for the team to be exposed again. LvG will probably be fired.

Jarnet87

There's a big chance Van Gaal will be fired after this match? I don't know, as I haven't followed Manchester United for years.

Don't think so, but he's headed toward a sacking. the van Gaal bust up/falling out is soon to come. He'll need a January of miracles to survive.

I don't fucking get his possession system. It's not even working defensively anymore. Why would you keep the back line so deep, especially the centerbacks. It creates gaping holes between the fullbacks and the centerbacks, as well as the midfielders from the centerbacks. So much fucking space for teams to work with. Fellaini is not, and has never been a defensive midfielder.

Beefy

Don't think so, but he's headed toward a sacking. the van Gaal bust up/falling out is soon to come. He'll need a January of £200m to survive.

I don't fucking get his possession system. It's not even working defensively anymore. Why would you keep the back line so deep, especially the centerbacks. It creates gaping holes between the fullbacks and the centerbacks, as well as the midfielders from the centerbacks. So much fucking space for teams to work with. Fellaini is not, and has never been a defensive midfielder.

Corrected.

bjaelke

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France

French radio station RTL announces that Bayern Munich will announce the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti at midday tomorrow for next season.

Thought that would you. Since you seem to be naturally unpleasant.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least attempt to defend it with out using horrid Stan Collymore comebacks.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France

French radio station RTL announces that Bayern Munich will announce the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti at midday tomorrow for next season.

That would explain why he was ruled out quickly to return as Chelsea Manager.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least attempt to defend it with out using horrid Stan Collymore comebacks.

Did you use to go dogging with Collymore or something?

You place way too much importance on this board/thread/internet to get so bent out of shape by me saying that an unlikely team like Leicester are going to win the league. /Ignored

You place way too much importance on this board/thread/internet to get so bent out of shape by me saying that an unlikely team like Leicester are going to win the league. /Ignored

All I said was it was a bold claim. You're the one calling people a cunt haha

Why would pep want to go to man city?

Why not? Vast amounts of money, one of the best forwards in the game today with a pretty decent midfield too. Man City seems like a good club as any to take charge of in the Premier League. Where else should he go to? Chelsea?

Jack cw

Great day for us. I really have to thank Bürki and Aubameyang for the now 8 points lead.
A surprise tomorrow and it would be just perfect. I didn't mind Ancelotti either. I actually prefer him, but I am a Pep fan, so whatever happens Bayern wins :D

Overhearing conversations of United fans whilst waiting to be served was interesting and seems to be in tune with everything I have read on the internet.

I don't get their logic to be frank. All are calling for LvG to be booted because he is boring and stifling creativity and that they need to build the team. LvG is fantastic at team building and has the credentials to back it up, his credentials also back up his boring football, United are a current team that are a shell of what they use to be and it is going to take time for them to rebuild. Losing Ferguson and Gill was a massive loss for that club and no historic accolades are going to make up for that as it is up to those currently in charge – even though they are still on the board there is a big difference in how day to day business is run – they need to find what the new style of football is going to be and I'm assuming that is why they have Gaal.

They want managers like Guardiola who has tactics that are an evolution of Gaals which is possession and passing, next up was Mourinho who plays very defensive football, both are more of what the fans probably don't want if they want to see football of United's yesteryears. Ancelotti or Simeone would potentially be a good match, Ancelotti because he tries to create a style of football based on the players at his disposal and maximising their strengths. Simeone because he builds strong attacking teams that are aggressive and have high intensity.

But are the fans even prepared to give any coach the time to start moulding a squad into something new? Are their still too many Feggie fans within the squad and club? No manager is going to be able to walk in and turn it into a trophy winning squad within a season. Currently it all is very reminiscent of Leeds United after Don Revie and any further decline will be due to not allowing managers the chance to create a new system because it isn't what it use to be .

They're run by a couple of Ex-Barcelona guys, plus its just going to another team that wouldn't present him with a big challenge. He will do his 3 years with probably not many problems then go find his next club for another 3 years

Purdy

Tbh you came across much worse than him, he was a bit sarcastic because your 'calling it' was hardly uncommon at the moment nor really a big 'call' and resorted to calling him a cunt lol

RiggyRob

His mates Txiki and Soriano are there, essentially unlimited budget on players, slowly making their way to the top of the European elite etc.

Overhearing conversations of United fans whilst waiting to be served was interesting and seems to be in tune with everything I have read on the internet.

I don't get their logic to be frank. All are calling for LvG to be booted because he is boring and stifling creativity and that they need to build the team. LvG is fantastic at team building and has the credentials to back it up, his credentials also back up his boring football, United are a current team that are a shell of what they use to be and it is going to take time for them to rebuild. Losing Ferguson and Gill was a massive loss for that club and no historic accolades are going to make up for that as it is up to those currently in charge – even though they are still on the board there is a big difference in how day to day business is run – they need to find what the new style of football is going to be and I'm assuming that is why they have Gaal.

They want managers like Guardiola who has tactics that are an evolution of Gaals which is possession and passing, next up was Mourinho who plays very defensive football, both are more of what the fans probably don't want if they want to see football of United's yesteryears. Ancelotti or Simeone would potentially be a good match, Ancelotti because he tries to create a style of football based on the players at his disposal and maximising their strengths. Simeone because he builds strong attacking teams that are aggressive and have high intensity.

But are the fans even prepared to give any coach the time to start moulding a squad into something new? Are their still too many Feggie fans within the squad and club? No manager is going to be able to walk in and turn it into a trophy winning squad within a season. Currently it all is very reminiscent of Leeds United after Don Revie and any further decline will be due to not allowing managers the chance to create a new system because it isn't what it use to be .

I'd be fully prepared to let Van Gaal carry on to the end of his contract, as I can see the way he's laying the foundations of possession-based football will serve us well in years to come. He just seems unwilling to adapt and he makes a rod for his own back with stupid things like 'match rhythm' and 'the captain will always play'.

We're in a slump right now, and it's disappointing to be knocked out of the CL and drop further behind the top of the table, so what I want to see is Van Gaal make a better fist of the cup competitions. The way it's going, it might be the only way to save his job.

Jarnet87

His mates Txiki and Soriano are there, essentially unlimited budget on players, slowly making their way to the top of the European elite etc.

I'd be fully prepared to let Van Gaal carry on to the end of his contract, as I can see the way he's laying the foundations of possession-based football will serve us well in years to come. He just seems unwilling to adapt and he makes a rod for his own back with stupid things like 'match rhythm' and 'the captain will always play'.

We're in a slump right now, and it's disappointing to be knocked out of the CL and drop further behind the top of the table, so what I want to see is Van Gaal make a better fist of the cup competitions. The way it's going, it might be the only way to save his job.

I honestly thought Pep would be at city this year, and ancelotti at Bayern. City still have to be the favorites for Pep given the connections and their long interest. United can't afford to lose out on one of Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho. There are reports already saying Ancelotti is headed to Bayern. I like Mou but I think it's the hardest sell of the three.

bjaelke

I honestly thought Pep would be at city this year, and ancelotti at Bayern. City still have to be the favorites for Pep given the connections and their long interest. United can't afford to lose out on one of Ancelotti, Guardiola, Mourinho. There are reports already saying Ancelotti is headed to Bayern. I like Mou but I think it's the hardest sell of the three.

It will all happen next Summer unless Pellegrini falls out with the City board.

ZDF Sport confirming the rumours that Ancelotti will take over at Bayern at the end of the season and Pep will go to Man City.

If Mourinho goes to United, I might start supporting the team.
If Pep goes to City, then Pellegrini for Chelsea will do. Else Roman must convince Pep for Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom