• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
d5sJuq3.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've said this a few times now, but Liverpool are the new Newcastle.

And the EPL this year is fantastic.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In before Klopp is fired and Mourinho brought in to replace him.

In today's zero-patience EPL this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Jarnet87

True. But Rooney is demonstrably awful. One of the highest paid footballers in the world yet he can't actually trap a ball. Nor can he run. The only place he can play now is up front because he hasn't the legs to play anywhere else, but he's crap at that too.

He's lost all of his scoring instincts and abilities too.Instead of getting into the box the useless fucker will come short to pick up and lose it with his shit firs touch. He's got no left foot, he can't take anything off a first touch anymore either.

I don't think you hire Mou to take over now, agree to a deal for him to take over June 1st. Of course van Gaal could be seen as a sitting duck given the recent results and that he may have lost some of the players. Things could just keep getting worse.

Clegg

Manchester based journalists are all saying Van Gaal has two games (Stoke and Chelsea) to save his job. Guessing this is a brief from the club that may have come from the CEO. So yeah. Sayonara LvG.

From a fellow GAFfers Tittwr account:
Woodward has briefed media, Van Gaal definitely going with Mourinho in. Jackson, Ogden and Ladyman all reporting if he loses one, he's out.

Jack cw

But Ancelotti, despite being in this supposed 'elite' band of managers is still a significant step down from Guardiola. Just poach some young German manager or something.

When you're a team like Bayern with strong traditions and identity you shouldn't need a quick fix manager especially when you're so comfortable in the league. Build something long term with someone you know will be there for the long haul.

You know, we are way further than you might thought we are.
We have become one of the top clubs in Europe, our bosses did what you write here in 2009 already with Gaal. The plan was always to get either Guardiola to implement the idea of possession based football or Heynckes doing it. Latter didn't have the vision to go beyond the A squad. Pep changed our miserable medical situation to a more up to date one, he helped laying out the new youth center with staff teaching those kids how to play Bayerns idea. He gave all our players the base for being experts in tactical behavior on the pitch. That was always his mission, thats why he signed for 3 years. He is supposed to be the architect for Bayerns play style in the next decade and beyond. Thats where he succeeded but the general german football fan simply lacked understanding what Bayern really wanted with Pep.

The results and success will be earned by Ancelotti who will lead a world class team that is very young and tactically versatile. Pep thinks he developed this A squad to the limit and only another coach might get them even better. That is why nobody else was in the race besides Carlito. His tactics, moderation and battle mentality especially in knock out games will make this Bayern team even more lethal.

A young german coach is already showing what potential he has, but he needs many years and international success to lead Bayern. I am sure that Tuchel will be our coach one day, when he proved himself and is ready for his next career step.

RiggyRob

Manchester based journalists are all saying Van Gaal has two games (Stoke and Chelsea) to save his job. Guessing this is a brief from the club that may have come from the CEO. So yeah. Sayonara LvG.

Woodward has briefed media, Van Gaal definitely going with Mourinho in. Jackson, Ogden and Ladyman all reporting if he loses one, he's out.

I had a feeling this would happen - 9 points behind at Christmas and not winning against Bournemouth, Norwich and West Ham after getting knocked out of the CL is not a good combo.

He did look visibly sweaty at the last press conference I saw, and although I didn't see it apparently Giggs went down on the touch line against Norwich as if to distance himself from LVG, so it seems like the jig might be up anyway.

Pachimari

10-2. Hala Madrid!

I'm also so happy for Kasper Schmeichel being #1 in the Premier League. Hopefully Manchester United picks him up soon.

10-2. Hala Madrid!

I'm also so happy for Kasper Schmeichel being #1 in the Premier League. Hopefully Manchester United picks him up soon.

The fellow would be heralded with cries of joy and received in triumph at Manyu. He might inject in the club a much needed shot of tradition in the arm which has gone to deliquescence since Ferguson left. He is someone who has the potentiel to resurrect the long gone image of winners for which the club was once respected and feared across Europe. Associate the word "Schmeichel" with anything which has a connection to Manchester United and you might have a shot at kissing the Lady back to life.

I am currently studying hard in order to get a good GRE score.

Him winning a game or two is not going to resolve the fundamental issues. The concern here is that he wins at Stoke or whatever, everyone relaxes and United go back into their slump after Christmas.

You know, we are way further than you might thought we are.
We have become one of the top clubs in Europe, our bosses did what you write here in 2009 already with Gaal. The plan was always to get either Guardiola to implement the idea of possession based football or Heynckes doing it. Latter didn't have the vision to go beyond the A squad. Pep changed our miserable medical situation to a more up to date one, he helped laying out the new youth center with staff teaching those kids how to play Bayerns idea. He gave all our players the base for being experts in tactical behavior on the pitch. That was always his mission, thats why he signed for 3 years. He is supposed to be the architect for Bayerns play style in the next decade and beyond. Thats where he succeeded but the general german football fan simply lacked understanding what Bayern really wanted with Pep.

m8, I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

You can't possibly believe that in 2011, the Bayern guys were thinking: "Yes, let's take this Pep Guardiola guy, who's winning all titles with Barca and has extremely close ties to the club.". Like honestly, just tell me so I know you're not completely crazy.

Jack cw

m8, I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

You can't possibly believe that in 2011, the Bayern guys were thinking: "Yes, let's take this Pep Guardiola guy, who's winning all titles with Barca and has extremely close ties to the club.". Like honestly, just tell me so I know you're not completely crazy.
Having a plan and perspective is hilarious now?
Hoeness gave an interview to sky shortly after they hired Pep and he said exactly this. In 11/12 he wanted Jupp to play like Barca. In 2008 they asked Pep at the Audi cup if he could imagine working at Bayern sometime and he was interested. It was only a matter of time when Pep was available and Bayern sacrificed Jupp the moment they saw a chance to get Pep. We needed a teacher, someone who was able to bring the idea to the youth, thats why we built the new center in Munich. Bayern wanted their own la masia in order to be competitive. They wanted their a-squad to be tactically best. Watch it at YT. I know you wont ever agree to this because in your eyes we are simply lucky and peasants with no idea but deep inside you know that your hated Bayern transformed into a club with a philosophy and system that many admire, even you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom