• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal don't win the league this season then they'll never win it again under Wenger.

I really hope they do it because I really like Wenger, and, out of the BIG 4, Arsenal are certainly the most likeable.

Sorry, Leicester, but I just can't take you seriously yet.

2-0.

EmiPrime

Obvious Owen ‏@MrObviousOwen 52s52 seconds ago
Ozil passed the ball to both Walcott and Giroud that half and they both went on to score. Therefore it counts as 2 assists

Unbelievable

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nice win for Arsenal! Made it more interesting at the end than it needed to be as usual though.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Joel and Ramsey should probably have scored.

Typical Yaya Toure though, invisible for 80 minutes then suddenly scores a wonder goal.

Yep. Though Ramsey going forward so much was problematic as it was giving City too many breakaway chances.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Bournemouth have signed Iturbe on loan with a view of a permanent deal of £16m.

Great signing for them, I thought Watford were getting him?

EDIT:

However, Sky sources understand Watford withdrew their interest when Bournemouth stated their intention to sign the 22-year-old, refusing to participate in a bidding war.

lol, a bidding war

Moobabe

Van Gaal walked out of his pre-match press conference.

I have complete sympathy with him - the media in our country is a fucking joke and hound people and stories like a dog with a bone. If that dog worked in one of the most pathetic industries in the world and the bone was peoples livelihoods.

Clegg

Feel a bit sorry for LvG. United sent him out to do that conference without ever giving him a public backing to at least stave off some journalists questions about his future. The board has properly stitched him up. Pack of cowards.

I have complete sympathy with him - the media in our country is a fucking joke and hound people and stories like a dog with a bone. If that dog worked in one of the most pathetic industries in the world and the bone was peoples livelihoods.

They only got the bone because United have become weird since Ed took over and "brief" the media on a bunch of things (not something I think Gill ever did, not officially and so often anyway).

LvG is a dead man walking the only question is whether or not Jose replaces him or Giggs... Im not sure if United fans want "attack attack attack" they will get much mileage out of Jose but he's the most obvious candidate anyway.

Moobabe

They only got the bone because United have become weird since Ed took over and "brief" the media on a bunch of things (not something I think Gill ever did, not officially and so often anyway).

LvG is a dead man walking the only question is whether or not Jose replaces him or Giggs... Im not sure if United fans want "attack attack attack" they will get much mileage out of Jose but he's the most obvious candidate anyway.

It's so annoying though. The media never seem to take any responsibility at all - the BBC report it as:

"Louis van Gaal was in an angry mood from the moment he took his seat in the media room at the club's training ground in Carrington."

No shit? Thousands of words have been written about the guy's job in the past 2 months, more so the past week. It's like they write these stories about Van Gaal being under pressure with no sense of irony at all.

I literally have 0 time for the majority of journalists in our country - especially those in sport. Hacks who have never played the game to ANY sort of level and have no qualification outside of "contacts" and a degree in journalism or English.

Regardless of United playing poorly (they are) and him having spent a lot of money (he has) surely he deserves some respect as well? Like Wenger said this morning.

#MUFC's press conference lasts 4 mins 58 secs. More on LVG from 19:00 GMT: bbc.co.uk/5live

And now we'll sit down to talk about that 5 minute press conference for an hour or more!

I'm pretty disgusted with the press ( that's standard ) but more so with Utd - who have done zero to try and back him in the press. Get rid of him or don't, but don't be fucking weasels about it. I've read the transcript and he dealt with it in a really dignified manner.

Part of me wants to see what happens with Mourinho, but deep down I think we're better sticking with LVG at the moment. Giggs isn't the answer - total fucking personality vacuum.

Moobabe

I'm pretty disgusted with the press ( that's standard ) but more so with Utd - who have done zero to try and back him in the press. Get rid of him or don't, but don't be fucking weasels about it. I've read the transcript and he dealt with it in a really dignified manner.

Part of me wants to see what happens with Mourinho, but deep down I think we're better sticking with LVG at the moment. Giggs isn't the answer - total fucking personality vacuum.

I'm not surprised at United though - they did the exact same thing with David Moyes - the exceptional standards they set under Ferguson have slipped.

EmiPrime

British press a month ago: "LVG is a defensive genius! United are boring but they could probably win the league!"

3 defeats in a row later: "LVG is boring and shit. United should get Mourinho in."

Press has always been a joke.

I'll be genuinely shocked if Jose goes to Utd though

Its a big name and looking from afar Ed seems to be all about big names and making a show which is why they've not done a good job of addressing the actual concerns of the squad over the last couple of years.

It would be the sort of thing I think he would like to do, big name manager, get him after just leaving a rival and Jose will make a splash. How long he makes a splash before they get annoyed with it though will be another matter...

norinrad

The media is certainly doing a good job. Keep repeating it until they believe lol

The Sun, classy as ever.

_87367372_87367371.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom