• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Got a Sturridge shirt for Christmas. So we should all expect his Liverpool exit within the next 6 months or so.

He's the type of player that should probably play 30-40 minutes each game, or give him a whole year off to really recover, but at 100k a week, who knows.

CXJjniZWwAAo4j6.png

Humour me here - is Pulis a better van Gaal than van Gaal?

Both are renowned for setting up teams more defensively, struggling more (comparatively) going forward, boring football, but setting the team up for long-term success. Look at Stoke after the Pulis shackles were loosened - still solid defensively, but with a more attsck-focused manager they're doing better than most people expected. Same goes for Palace with Pardew, who although great under Pulis, have pushed even further forward with a more attack-focused manager. People point to the 'pain' of van Gaal being worth it for the long term success it brings, but Pulis has shown a capability of bringing short-term success (be it stabilising the club or avoiding relegation consistently), while also not falling out with his players, and still giving the club a solid base going forward.

So is he a better van Gaal than van Gaal?

I heard he went for the money.

Definitely a marquee signing. The fact he rejected them and disrespected them before should have been a big enough red flag. Stoke should know as well as anyone that a less talented player who wants to play (Walters) is better than a big ego who thinks he's bigger than the club.

Jesus, that defending.

Glen Johnson though, reinvigorated. I really thought he was past it, glad to be proven wrong. Could he be knocking on the door for the next round of international friendlies?

Jarnet87

So Mourinho's first match as Man Utd manager will be against Chelsea? lol

Chelsea is Monday. Are they gonna sack van Gaal right after the game and get in Mourinho in lol, or get him Sunday. My guess is van Gaal gets the sack and Giggs is interim for Chelsea, or van Gaal gets the sack monday night/tuesday morning.

Does any Man Utd fan actually want José? Because I really don't. I was of the opinion that Moyes needed another season and I feel LVG should get until the end of this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom