• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

By they I was alluding to the weird transfer committee, it was obvious to everyone Benteke wasn't the right choice

It's not that shocking considering they also took a punt with Ballotelli and to be fair Beneteke has got the last two winners. Would be completely different if Sturridge stayed fit obviously, but losing Ings for the season was the real shame, would have loved to see him play under Klopp.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's amazing they made that huge mistake with big andy, who just didn't fit the style, then proceeded to make the same mistake with benteke.

At this point it's easier to list the recent signings that "worked" for Liverpool rather than the ones that were a total bust.

Coutinho and Joe Allen are the only ones that stick out as having "worked".

So much money spent on crap. I wonder if Klopp is starting to realise what he's got to do now.

Big fan of both Goalkeepers playing with busted faces today - throwback!

industrian

I'm sure Chairman of other clubs start to slowly cackle with delight whenever Liverpool come asking about one of their players at this point.

I think it's karma for keeping a straight face when Chelsea put in a transfer bid for Torres.

norinrad

A lethal striker, a lethal striker is what United needs, the writing is on the wall. It's as if they are getting use to playing draw lol.

industrian

I still remember when Martin O'Neill was the Villa manager. They didn't set the world on fire, but IIRC they were always in the top 7. It's a good case study in how quickly things can fall apart.

norinrad

fucking boring first half

Please fucking sack Van Gaal...

What has the manager done now? Isn't is about time people actually take a good look at certain players, its pretty easy to blame the CEO when everyone is working like shit. General motors comes to mind from a few years ago.

Even Joe Allen is a borderline case.

To work in a FSG reference, Liverpool are looking a lot like the 2012 Red Sox. A lot of expensive but underperforming players.

Joe Allen for 15m pounds was daylight robbery. If it wasn't for Coutinho and Sturridge, the last several years of transfers would be unbelievably awful.

raven777

What has the manager done now? Isn't is about time people actually take a good look at certain players, its pretty easy to blame the CEO when everyone is working like shit. General motors comes to mind from a few years ago.

now? He should have been sacked weeks ago. I am not defending some of the players but it's Van Gaal who has to take responsibility. He is the one who is continuing to start Wayne Rooney when he has been shit all season. He made signings like Depay and starting him many times. He is the one who is making them playing shitty boring football and getting knocked out of CL group stage, loosing to lower teams and not winning for 6 games in a row. I have said that he needs to go even earlier in the season when our position was not bad, and winning today doesn't change that.

norinrad

now? He should have been sacked weeks ago. I am not defending some of the players but it's Van Gaal who has to take responsibility. He is the one who is continuing to start Wayne Rooney when he has been shit all season. He made signings like Depay and starting him many times. He is the one who is making them playing shitty boring football and getting knocked out of CL group stage, loosing to lower teams and not winning for 6 games in a row. I have said that he needs to go even earlier in the season when our position was not bad, and winning today doesn't change that.

No one is getting sacked. Just take a good look at Chelsea.

raven777

Great goal. Rooney has been shit but that was nice class of a goal and I have to give him credit for that. Great play by Martial to set it up.

Get in. We ground it out but fuck it, who cares. Can't trounce every team, and Leicester dropping points too. I'm a fan of Watford for this afternoon now, let's go Ighalo and Deeney!

TeddyBoy

This season is already written off. I think Klopp is just experimenting at the moment. Benteke won't work in this set up. We need a player of Suarez mould for Firminho to be at his best. Benteke doesn't move around at all and just stands there. Not much movement from him at all. I think Firminho needs another season before we start writing him off.

Also Liverpool played on Wednesday night only to play a Saturday lunch game. Not really fair on them.

We played badly today and were second best to west ham for far too long in the game. The teams not playing well now but it's still the team that Klopp coached to wins at Southampton and City.

Right now everyone seems to be misfiring, I'd say with Sturridge as striker the team would perform better due to his movement alone. Benteke's movement is almost as poor as Balotelli's, but Benteke is just a better finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom