• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Sturridge injured again.

Liverpool really need to cut their losses on the guy or send him out on loan to a less physical league. He's still young enough that - worst case scenario - he could take a sabbatical to get his shit together (ala Craig Gordon).

Not again. Still suffering from the last injury. Said he was ready to come back, but Klopp adviced against it:
"Daniel has had some little problems. When he's had a row of sessions, I will pick him. He's not available."

Passlack and Pulisic got promoted to the first team, they'll train with Tuchel only from now on but will obviously still play U19 if not selected for the first team.

The future is now

Stay away, Kloppo

Pep Guardiola: Bayern Munich boss wants to coach in England

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says he is leaving the club to manage in England.
The former Barcelona boss recently announced he would not extend his contract in Germany when it expires at the end of this season.
Guardiola, 44, linked with Premier League clubs Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea, said: "I haven't decided on a new club yet.
"I want to experience a new city and I want to work in England."
He added: "That is the reason I have taken this decision."

Interesting, I thought City was a lock but this makes it seems like there's still a real possibility of him going to United or Chelsea.

EmiPrime

Pep Guardiola: Bayern Munich boss wants to coach in England

Interesting, I thought City was a lock but this makes it seems like there's still a real possibility of him going to United or Chelsea.

On first pass I read that as

Pep Guardiola: Bayern Munich boss wants to coach England

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola says he is leaving the club to manage England.

And my heart almost skipped a beat.

Meier

Passlack and Pulisic got promoted to the first team, they'll train with Tuchel only from now on but will obviously still play U19 if not selected for the first team.

The future is now

Stay away, Kloppo

original

Meier

It's still the expected outcome. Would be great if City announced it but I guess they're holding off since Pellegrini has another year technically after this one. Hard to say whether they'll wait until the end of the season to make it official or what.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1 hour ago
Pep-City odds at popular bookmakers:

1/10 at Betfair
1/6 at BetVictor
1/6 at SkyBet

Betting suspended elsewhere.

oh yeah those penalties against San Marino and Switzerland made all the difference

what a legend.

Do penalties not count as goals then?

Better take that 2006 World Cup away from Italy.

No English player has exactly set the world alight recently, giving a nothing award to someone who became top scorer makes perfect sense.

raven777

I just wish they would confirm it already. Even with 0.1% chance before confirmation I get this false hope that he might still join United. It hurts..

bjaelke

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 48m48 minutes ago

Emerick Aubameyang misses @BVB training. The reason is unknown. Was he meeting a English club to discuss move??

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB 25m25 minutes ago

@indykaila The reason is pretty well known in fact: He missed training due to a personal appointment. Will be back tomorrow.

:lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
indykaila News ‏@indykaila 48m48 minutes ago

Emerick Aubameyang misses @BVB training. The reason is unknown. Was he meeting a English club to discuss move??

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB 25m25 minutes ago

@indykaila The reason is pretty well known in fact: He missed training due to a personal appointment. Will be back tomorrow.

:lol

indykaila News ‏@indykaila 17 mins17 minutes ago
.@BVB Thank you for quick response. We didn't state as a fact hence the ??. Good luck for rest of the season. Class club with class fans. ��

Betteridge's law of headlines

"Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

Pachimari

I'm seriously nervous on Zidane's behalf. I think it's a very bad thing throwing him to the wolves like this, after grooming him for the past six years.

It's still the expected outcome. Would be great if City announced it but I guess they're holding off since Pellegrini has another year technically after this one. Hard to say whether they'll wait until the end of the season to make it official or what.

I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to have Pep formally registered with the club as that would infringe on employment law, I don't think you can officiate an employee to take over the job of another until the contract of the exiting employee has been terminated or until they have given their notice of leave. My guess is unless Pelligrini gets another offer which I would highly doubt as he will get paid a fuck tonne if fired then no announcement would be made until his contract is terminated.

Meier

I'm pretty sure it would be illegal to have Pep formally registered with the club as that would infringe on employment law, I don't think you can officiate an employee to take over the job of another until the contract of the exiting employee has been terminated or until they have given their notice of leave. My guess is unless Pelligrini gets another offer which I would highly doubt as he will get paid a fuck tonne if fired then no announcement would be made until his contract is terminated.
Well, they obviously wouldn't be able to announce the Pep hiring without first announcing Pellers will be leaving his post. You can always resign effective X date though so if it happens at some point during the season, that is how it will be framed.

The_Poet

Banned
Do penalties not count as goals then?

Better take that 2006 World Cup away from Italy.

No English player has exactly set the world alight recently, giving a nothing award to someone who became top scorer makes perfect sense.

Thats weird, I could have sworn that an Englishman was the top premier league goal scorer over the 2015 calendar year. His name rhymes with Barry Bane

norinrad

Pep is overrated and hes going to be outted soon. So far LvG has had a hand in every club hes been at. I hope he goes to Chelsea or City so we can see if he's really that good.

BTW can Real even afford that cry baby Hazard? They'd probably be coming for Dave too though I doubt Dave would want to leave. Unless United gives them loads of Pounds for Bale lol

Pep is overrated and hes going to be outted soon. So far LvG has had a hand in every club hes been at. I hope he goes to Chelsea or City so we can see if he's really that good.

BTW can Real even afford that cry baby Hazard? They'd probably be coming for Dave too though I doubt Dave would want to leave. Unless United gives them loads of Pounds for Bale lol

Talk today is they want Hazard and we want Bale. I'd settle for a swap deal perhaps, Hazard leaving at some point is an inevitability so we might as well get the best fee/deal we can, he has a 5 year contract and Roman doesn't need the money like some other clubs who sell top players so regardless of form he won't come cheap (although I still bet he perks up now and is good until the summer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom