• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Didn't expect a 0-0 from the City Everton game at all. Everyone drop points at the top apart from Leicester, amazing.

Those were some entertaining 3-3 draws this week. Could both have been 6-6.

longdi

Banned
Who is this Jermaine Pennant dude? Which self respecting pro would take a 70% paycut to play in a tiny league, we are talking 1000 average attendance played across an island half the size of London?

tim.mbp

Who is this Jermaine Pennant dude? Which self respecting pro would take a 70% paycut to play in a tiny league, we are talking 1000 average attendance played across an island half the size of London?

Probably better for his wife's modelling or something.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

"Self respecting pro" and Jermaine Pennant don't belong in the same paragraph.

He's an idiot who burned all his bridges in England. No manager with common sense would sign him.

Carbonox

Thauvin might be going on loan back to Marseille. :lol

Thauvin and Cabella have been our biggest flops in years. Obertan has done more than those two put together.

Maybe we'll think twice before signing pint-sized dweebs from France.

Things are pretty quiet around the big clubs.

We're apparently getting a pre-contract wrapped up for Joel Matip to come in the summer

Aside from that, think Caulker might be our lot. Stopgap for a position where you just can't deal with an injury crisis, while we wait for those injured players to come back.

Would like signings in various positions, but can live with waiting to make the right signings in the summer. Can't see us getting top 4 either way.

norinrad

We're apparently getting a pre-contract wrapped up for Joel Matip to come in the summer

Aside from that, think Caulker might be our lot. Stopgap for a position where you just can't deal with an injury crisis, while we wait for those injured players to come back.

Would like signings in various positions, but can live with waiting to make the right signings in the summer. Can't see us getting top 4 either way.

Pretty much true, with the current material, all Klopp can do is stick it out till summer to get the right players in. I reckon a lot of players need to be shipped out, that includes all your defenders.

Didn't expect a 0-0 from the City Everton game at all. Everyone drop points at the top apart from Leicester, amazing.

Those were some entertaining 3-3 draws this week. Could both have been 6-6.

Neither did I. I was surprised how little Everton went forward compared to the week prior though Ottamendi is really looking the part, Tim Howard had a very good game and City were very unlucky not to get the penalty at the end as that was as clean cut as they come without being dangerous.

I should have recorded the Arsenal - Liverpool game as the highlights looked decent.

sora87

I watched the Lpool/Arsenal match in the pub last night, was really intense. Lots of evertonians gutted at the end :p

Please, much more of THAT Firmino.
Can't believe Migs has got a new contract though, rubbish.

For the peope that use it here, I've completed premfaces.com v2, changes are as follows:

+ Added ability to "copy" from mobiles
+ Added ability to upload premfaces from mobiles
+ Added feature to ensure all future premfaces are stored locally on the premfaces.com server
+ Kept "All" view as well as add a new "Search" view
+ Added analytics and search feature:
-----> premfaces by teams
-----> premfaces by name
-----> premfaces by emotion

I have some pretty cool ideas for v3 like:

+ Visualizations (pie charts, 3d graphs, vertical charts)
+ Connect Microsoft's emotion detection API for automatic emotion tagging
+ Develop premfaces API so as to enable the following:
-----> we type !cunt_costa here on Slaent and it'll automatically insert the latest premface named "Cunt Costa"
-----> we type !crying here on Slaent and it'll automatically insert the latest premface "Crying"
-----> we type !liverpool here on Slaent and it'll automatically insert the latest premface by team "Liverpool"

kKmUfIq.png

It9TxE7.png

3N1H0Fc.png

Pachimari

Both Real Madrid and Atletico have appealed their bans.

I'm not worried at all, and we'll probably get to buy players this summer. It is much worse for Atletico with their budget and dependent on selling players.

Get Hazard, Lewandowski, Pogba and Ricardo Rodriguez and we'll be ready for the next year. Nah honestly, our squad is fine but can do with a few tweakings.

Az

I'm not worried at all, and we'll probably get to buy players this summer. It is much worse for Atletico with their budget and dependent on selling players.

Get Hazard, Lewandowski, Pogba and Ricardo Rodriguez and we'll be ready for the next year. Nah honestly, our squad is fine but can do with a few tweakings.

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

Pachimari

You know I'm kidding.

It's kind of sad. There doesn't seem to be that many in here who follow the Spanish league? Months ago there seemed to be way more activity than now.

Timbuktu

You know I'm kidding.

It's kind of sad. There doesn't seem to be that many in here who follow the Spanish league? Months ago there seemed to be way more activity than now.

The footie thread used to be constantly at the top of OT, but things haven't been the same since the last mass ban and 3 months without a thread.

Atletico currently has a very strong squad with lots of promising youth talents starting (which they've been investing in for a while now), they're not in a selling mood and Griezmann has also upped his buyout clause to €100 million. They were prepared for this, think they'll be fine.

Pachimari

Atletico currently has a very strong squad with lots of promising youth talents starting (which they've been investing in for a while now), they're not in a selling mood and Griezmann has also upped his buyout clause to €100 million. They were prepared for this, think they'll be fine.
Nobody's prepared for a ban, neither is Atletico. They're whole business is organized around selling and earning on their players. Now they can't sell.

The footie thread used to be constantly at the top of OT, but things haven't been the same since the last mass ban and 3 months without a thread.
This is unfortunate. :(

Also I do think, that we are going for Hazard and Lewandowski this summer. Hazard is one of Zidane's absolute favorite players. He wants Hazard at Madrid.

Jack cw

Also I do think, that we are going for Hazard and Lewandowski this summer. Hazard is one of Zidane's absolute favorite players. He wants Hazard at Madrid.
Those 2 wont be leaving under 150 million each, thats without their wages. And surely wont play on loan parked at another club. Pogba the same. I really dont unterstand you Pérez supporters and the reality you live in.

Pachimari

Those 2 wont be leaving under 150 million each, thats without their wages. And surely wont play on loan parked at another club. Pogba the same. I really dont unterstand you Pérez supporters and the reality you live in.

Who said I'm a Perez supporter? It's like you have a pre-conceived image of who I am as a madridista. I want Perez out. He have done enough harm to us this season.

The thing is, that I can see Perez splashing on Hazard and Lewandowski, especially Hazard as that's the one player Zidane really likes. What we need though, is not Hazard (or maybe we do, as Cristiano is having a major decline), but a defensive minded midfielder. We only have Casemiro for that role, and Modric/Kroos can't handle the midfield in big games themselves. We also need a striker, as Mariano Díaz isn't enough as a back-up I'm afraid.

Instead of splashing on Hazard, I would prefer, that we bring home Marco Asensio and let him spread his magic. Also that we bring home Vallejo for the defense (as Sergio Ramos is a major reliability).

Nobody's prepared for a ban, neither is Atletico. They're whole business is organized around selling and earning on their players. Now they can't sell.

You what? How are two of the largest clubs in Spain where their legal teams and the Spanish media have been following the process of an upcoming FIFA ban not prepared? You can't operate such big clubs on a day to day basis without knowing what (regulatory) risks will affect your business.

As for Atletico, they have very clearly been recruiting heavily in squad depth over summer and January, blatantly more so than other teams and half of their squad is under 25, filled with very, very promising talent but not at the point of being ready to be sold off. Their most talented player is committed to staying. They're transitioning from a selling club, keeping a lot of their prize players and will be getting more income after 17/18 stadium change.

At the moment they are in a very good place. The ban has come at the best possible time for them.

Real might be a different story.

Maybe a few years ago but with their debts going down and the new money from China Atletico only sell when they want to now. They only sale they made last year for a profit was Turan and getting 30M for a 28 year old is smart business for anyone.

Pachimari

Maybe a few years ago but with their debts going down and the new money from China Atletico only sell when they want to now. They only sale they made last year for a profit was Turan and getting 30M for a 28 year old is smart business for anyone.

It was smart business. Which is my point. They sell for profit. But they might be transitioning as stated above, which I haven't read into much.

Jack cw

Who said I'm a Perez supporter? It's like you have a pre-conceived image of who I am as a madridista. I want Perez out. He have done enough harm to us this season.

The thing is, that I can see Perez splashing on Hazard and Lewandowski, especially Hazard as that's the one player Zidane really likes. What we need though, is not Hazard (or maybe we do, as Cristiano is having a major decline), but a defensive minded midfielder. We only have Casemiro for that role, and Modric/Kroos can't handle the midfield in big games themselves. We also need a striker, as Mariano Díaz isn't enough as a back-up I'm afraid.

Instead of splashing on Hazard, I would prefer, that we bring home Marco Asensio and let him spread his magic. Also that we bring home Vallejo for the defense (as Sergio Ramos is a major reliability).
This isn't FIFA ultimate team. The whole world knows you are now in panic mode and potential sellers will let you bleed. Big players will cost twice a Bale in the next two weeks. Making your squad wider with talents is the best you can hope for. Splashing 300 million for 2 players that wont even leave their clubs is whishful thinking.

It was smart business. Which is my point. They sell for profit. But they might be transitioning as stated above, which I haven't read into much.

Right, I'm just trying to say that a few years ago Ateli had to sell to balance the books. Now they can choose to for the right offer or hold on. If this ban came down before getting to the CL finals they'd have been super-screwed.

Pachimari

This isn't FIFA ultimate team. The whole world knows you are now in panic mode and potential sellers will let you bleed. Big players will cost twice a Bale in the next two weeks. Making your squad wider with talents is the best you can hope for. Splashing 300 million for 2 players that wont even leave their clubs is whishful thinking.

But we aren't in panick mode. We have appealed the ban, and we'll likely get the summer to make transfers. But it's not like our squad is shit and that we need to bring in superstars. We can bring back Coentrao, Asensio and Vallejo which covers many positions were we need some depth and quality.

If we really need anything in the summer, it would be a defensive midfielder and a backup striker, and that's it. I'm not even sure we'll go for a striker, if we want to give minutes to Mariano Díaz.

You seem to think, that we will panic and buy players this transfer window but you got it all wrong. There's no need to panic in Real Madrid.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

my team on FIFA isn't even that good

Pogba refused to sign even after I offered £80m the cunt

Carbonox

Newcastle in talks over Townsend.

I dunno what to feel. On one hand he's a bit bleh but on the other hand he would instantly be our best and only capable winger and that would change the dynamic of our play a fair bit.

With Shelvey and Townsend we're actually doing looking at Prem players for a fucking change which is what we've needed to do for ages.

Just need a LB and a striker and we MIGHT be in with a chance of staying up.

Newcastle in talks over Townsend.

I dunno what to feel. On one hand he's a bit bleh but on the other hand he would instantly be our best and only capable winger and that would change the dynamic of our play a fair bit.

With Shelvey and Townsend we're actually doing looking at Prem players for a fucking change which is what we've needed to do for ages.

Just need a LB and a striker and we MIGHT be in with a chance of staying up.

If you got England's Andros Townsend, he'd be a bargain tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom