• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Copa America Centenario tickets going on sale next week. Closest game for me is Orlando, and outside of the Brazil fixture, the other 2 group games are likely to be trash. It's gonna be a group A seed 3 vs 4, and a group B seed 3 vs 4. From what I've read/seen of previously Copa America/other big tourneys is they use current FIFA or whatever governing body rankings.

I'm not paying good money for a ticket, driving/flying to Orlando, and then paying for a hotel to go see Jamaica vs Peru. I can see bottom tier CONCACAF action like that during the Gold Cup for cheaper and closer.

norinrad

Marca are pathetic.

heh this is nothing new, the club was after all once a part of a dictatorship and the hidden elements are still there. Everyone at the club including those who run their magazine should all be investigated.

on another note,

Everton frustrates me. I enjoy watching them, so much potential going to waste. I really wanted them to win this one. They really deserved it for how they've been playing all season. God damn football gives me only grieve

Damn KdB injury was a torn knee ligament and torn ankle ligament. Hopefully Sliva can get back up to speed again and hopefully play the formation at the start of the season that worked so well.

Cystm

Damn KdB injury was a torn knee ligament and torn ankle ligament. Hopefully Sliva can get back up to speed again and hopefully play the formation at the start of the season that worked so well.

He was playing some prolific football. Damn shame for the guy.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

he's probably out for the rest of the season then. even if he recovers there's no point risking it when Man City have the depth to cover.

Meier

CZ1hST-WEAAouLq.jpg

They're estimating potentially as low as 6 weeks but I'll believe that when I see it.

Edit: Actually, he just tweeted he'd be out for about 10 weeks. :( Back in mid April vs Chelsea perhaps.

Timbuktu

he's probably out for the rest of the season then. even if he recovers there's no point risking it when Man City have the depth to cover.

I guess for him the question is really Euro in the summer, getting some game time in before then or if that's a lost cause as well.

CZ1hST-WEAAouLq.jpg

They're estimating potentially as low as 6 weeks but I'll believe that when I see it.

Edit: Actually, he just tweeted he'd be out for about 10 weeks. :( Back in mid April vs Chelsea perhaps.

Robbie Savage made some hilarious comments in the 5 Live commentary last night. He was complaining De Bruyne didn't score enough important goals and that he wouldn't pay to watch him.

Meier

Robbie Savage made some hilarious comments in the 5 Live commentary last night. He was complaining De Bruyne didn't score enough important goals and that he wouldn't pay to watch him.

I know there was some idiot who said something like that during the summer before he was signed. Were they possibly just regurgitating it now perhaps? After the season he's had, I can't imagine any English press would say something so stupid. Well, I wouldn't put much past Robbie Savage now that I say that.

After the season he's had, I can't imagine any English press would say something so stupid. Well, I wouldn't put much past Robbie Savage now that I say that.

Maybe the press wouldn't though they do like to spin their old narratives that hold little to no truth but ex-footballer pundits especially Savage and Owen are idiots. You just have to look at how long they spend over analysing ref decisions when they totally ignore things such as positioning, movement, skill and tactics. Their conversations week after week resemble a mentally incapacitated individual hitting their head against a wall, how many times can a person discuss the offside rule and tread the same ground week in week out. The only pundit in recent years who highlighted this sort of stuff was Gary Neville, he chatted a lot of shit but at least he focused on the football.

Carbonox

Sky Sources understand Newcastle are on the verge of agreeing to take Atletico Madrid left-back Guilherme Siqueira on loan until the summer.

How random. LB is a position that hasn't been comfortably held down with any degree of consistency since Santon so we definitely need someone there.

Have we signed anyone yet?

Well, I guess we won't need anyone in summer because Pulisic and Passlack will tear shit up i̶̶f̶ when Reus gets injured.

Pennywise

Have we signed anyone yet?

Well, I guess we won't need anyone in summer because Pulisic and Passlack will tear shit up i̶̶f̶ when Reus gets injured.
Merino is coming m8.

I know there was some idiot who said something like that during the summer before he was signed. Were they possibly just regurgitating it now perhaps? After the season he's had, I can't imagine any English press would say something so stupid. Well, I wouldn't put much past Robbie Savage now that I say that.
Lothar Matthäus is paid for his "expertise" on Sky Germany, which explains the situation pretty much.

Luckily there are still some decent and good journalists out there, but usually those ex-players are just garbage with their shitty opinion.

Pennywise

Well, Merino is more of a DM from what I've read. It makes sense to sign him with Gündogan leaving but I'd rather want us to sign some winger.

Won't happen.
Didn't sound like Tuchel actually wanted a winger in the PK today.
I guess Merino is our new Bender now, with Bender injured and planned as CB.
Ginter is RB and Durm is our winger now...

norinrad

When they United open up they become very vulnerable as there's no one there to help Smalling. Another team would have exploited this and United would have been slaughtered.

nitewulf

What about these Yarmolenko rumours? Of course you can't judge anything from youtube videos, but this guy seems to have a good brain, he knows how to find spaces, and I love that.

panty

Watching Barca-Atletico on BeIN Live. My god this second guy sounds terrible. Makes me want to switch to a spanish channel.

Fucking terrible voice.

norinrad

Watching Barca-Atletico on BeIN Live. My god this second guy sounds terrible. Makes me want to switch to a spanish channel.

Fucking terrible voice.

I usually watch all games with the sound off. It's great that way as i don't have hear the crap the comes out of the mouth of commentators, especially the ones we have here in Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom