• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Costa taking it off Oscar's boot from 2 yards out. At least they both had a laugh about it.

Probably won't be as funny if they lose

King_Moc

Banned
Damn, he has a terrible attitude but he'll definitely bail you out of your relegation fight.

MK Dons equalise with a massive deflected goal. 1-1 against Chelsea.

I don't know who i hate more. Chealsea, or Franchise FC.

McDons play Chelsea Dagger over the PA when they score, it's fucking horrid.

TeddyBoy

I don't know who i hate more. Chealsea, or Franchise FC.

McDons play Chelsea Dagger over the PA when they score, it's fucking horrid.

lol I can't imagine we'll be hearing it again today with the way they're playing right now, they can barely get the ball never mind a shot on Chelsea's goal.

2-1 to Chelsea.

Now 3-1 to Chelsea, Oscar hat trick.

Moobabe

So Chelsea are set to sell Remy and got washed out striker no 2425 (Pato) and some guy from MLS (lol)

And we missed out Charlie Austin who is a boyhood Chelsea fan for 4m.

Piss poor business is an understatement. Emenalo needs to be fired.

I don't see Pato as a risk at all. 30k a week, on loan and is a guy desperate to prove himself in Europe once more.

The guy from MLS could well prove to be a great signing - Landon Donovon did pretty well for Everton when he came over.

A good performance today. We moved the ball quickly, created chances and, unsurprisingly, playing a left footed player at left back means we can make the pitch bigger.

Happy for the lad s who came in as well - Loftus Cheek was quiet but accomplished, delighted to see Traore get his first goal for us. Most impressed by Rahman though - I don't know the stats - but he was bombing forward, was precise with his passing and I'm not sure I saw him lose a challenge defensively either.

Would like to see both him and RLC start against Watford - but would be happy if one did.

Jordan Rhodes' proposed move is off because he apparently wanted around £20m over a 4 year contract.

Absolutely mental.

I will genuinely be delighted when football's bubble eventually bursts.

Yep - why not take a little bit less money and try to prove yourself? What a twat

Jordan Rhodes' proposed move to Middlesbrough is off because he apparently wanted around £20m over a 4 year contract.

Absolutely mental.

Lunar FC

FA Cup Fifth Round draw:

Chelsea v Manchester City

Reading v West Brom/Peterborough

Watford v Leeds United

Shrewsbury Town v Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool/West Ham United

Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Hull City

Bournemouth v Everton

Jordan Rhodes' proposed move to Middlesbrough is off because he apparently wanted around £20m over a 4 year contract.

Absolutely mental.

Bursts how?

It's funded by milions of fans worldwide. It didn't get hit by the global recession, it kept growing. People pay to watch football on TV. More teams are getting big stadiums, and the season ticket waiting lists are getting longer as well. People would hate it, but for Arsenal and Tottenham, ticket prices could be even higher and they'd still sell every ticket every single match day.

The bubble only bursts when a club falls out of that lucrative European club, or the top tier as a whole. For many of these clubs, that may never happen (though Man Utd will be a good test of whether a club truly can be 'too big to fail').

Wilfried Zaha showing class both on and off the field during the weekend.

CaE3zLKWkAIK3P6.jpg:large

Carbonox

Wonder why Newcastle haven't finished the Doumbia deal yet. Is it because their medical team's discovered he's really 60 years old?

RiggyRob

Imagine being a club that sacks its manager a year after winning the title and could quite conceivably win it the season he's sacked as well.

That must be some payoff Pellegrini's getting.

Oh come on, Bayern isn't gonna sell Alaba or Müller.

Only one I could see Bayern selling would be Thiago considering he's injured all the time, anyway.

Must have just got the Pellegrini negotiations done, that has to be something big. Sounds like that will also include Alaba if the reports about him were true a few days ago. I kind of hope City meet Bayern in CL now and that Bayern lose, the press would go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom