• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their owner is, sure. But there's no way Boro as a club are generating this sort of money.

They need to get promoted this season or they'll be fucked I imagine.

It's a risk but it's one they have to take and I think it will pay off and if it does they will rolling in it.

If it doesn't they just sell him and still recoup a good chunk of that money.

Wow Boro have Blackburn next!

spidye

Rummenigge: "Es gibt in der Winterperiode keine guten Spieler, die von guten Vereinen abgegeben werden"

Rummenigge: "Quality is not actually on the market. There are no good players that are submitted by good clubs in the winter period."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2...enigge-confirms-bayern-will-not-buy-defensive

welcome serdar tasci

Bayern fans are mental (on here at least)

looooool
just because I don't like him bayern fans in general are mental???

I'm the only one here who doesn't like him. most of the other bayern fans are very grateful for his work and that's totally ok

lashley please. stop

El Topo

Rummenigge: "Es gibt in der Winterperiode keine guten Spieler, die von guten Vereinen abgegeben werden"

Rummenigge: "There are no good players abailable in the winter transfer period"

welcome serdar tasci

Haven't we sold players during that...uh...ah, whatever.

spidye

So, Rummenigge is saying that either Tasci is shit or Spartak Moscow is shit. Or even both.

Amazing

CaJModOUcAAQqhk.jpg

kinda feel bad for him.
or maybe he's having the time of his life.

either way I want hoeneß back

Carbonox

Underwhelming deadline day but there we go. Was hoping for some comical surprises.

I have to say Newcastle's work in this window was decent. Some key players brought in but yet again nothing to help with the LB situation. Oh well.

Blablurn

Lol. Same shitposting when we signed Costa. You guys will never learn.
The real LOL is to think that Badstuber and Benatia will be our CB's for the rest of the season. And Milch, we took him away from Schalke, so be happy.

So true. Ignoring what Pep did for us, the daft view of 2 lost CL semis under him is what they remember..
Let's see who of those guys cries first, should we play a "normal" season under Ancelotti...

Love it when u try to be the voice of reason

Love it, Jack

:D

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Rummenigge: "Quality is not actually on the market. There are no good players that are submitted by good clubs in the winter period."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2...enigge-confirms-bayern-will-not-buy-defensive

welcome serdar tasci

looooool
just because I don't like him bayern fans in general are mental???

I'm the only one here who doesn't like him. most of the other bayern fans are very grateful for his work and that's totally ok

lashley please. stop
I never said it was a bad thing

looooooool

https://streamable.com/tiow

Big Harry telling it how it is.

Everyone knows football is like an old boys club, that's why the City owners appointed Begiristain and Soriano. Here are two examples of why:

Pere Guardiola (Peps brother) and his business partner Jaume Roures bought controlling shares of Girona, guess who got appointed manager of the sporting side; Soriano, becoming a feeder club for Manchester City with 4 players currently in the Girona team.

There was a young Spanish players Brahim Diaz that made everybody take notice a few years ago but was very quickly snapped up by City to the annoyance of Barcelona, he is by far the best prospect in the City youth set up at the moment and looks almost ready for the first team at 17. His representatives are Pere Guardiola's and Jaume Roures' company Media Base Sports who's UK headquarters are based in Manchester which used to be in London.

As you can see with those two examples and there are a lot more it was pretty obvious where Pep would go in the Premier League and a massive plan of action was put in place to entice him that was years in the making and resulted in an entire new academy system being built. He will win more trophies as those with the trophy records get the highest paid jobs with the best resources and unless you happen to know the right corporate managers you aren't going to get the chance. It also helps if when you are doing well like Harry was doing at Tottenham you don't go and fuck it up by getting caught in corruption charges.

When it comes to football I always find it slightly odd that peoples logic goes out the window, its a job to everyone in the game and Harry is just pissed off that he isn't making that money and getting those resources. Look at all the "one club heroes" that are actually good, they all play for teams with money. You don't see many players of quality sticking at Macclesfield town now do we. Same goes for managers, the good ones get attracted by the money and career prospects or they are made by being given the chance that others don't get because of who they know.

What a dumb comment.

He's saying it to be a twat really, but he does kinda have a point. It's like people always picking PSG/Real/Barca/Bayern on FIFA it ain't hard to destroy people with those teams.

Now imagine some sweaty little 13 year old getting all angry trying to do skills with Nathan Redmonf using Norwich, too much of a challenge for the lad.

norinrad

He's saying it to be a twat really, but he does kinda have a point. It's like people always picking PSG/Real/Barca/Bayern on FIFA it ain't hard to destroy people with those teams.

Now imagine some sweaty little 13 year old getting all angry trying to do skills with Nathan Redmonf using Norwich, too much of a challenge for the lad.

I guess his crap talking son got that pundit job not because of his dad's connections but because he's actually good at what he does? Harry was left behind the bus and it hurts.

Elchele

Tasci will do fine. It's a shame we don't give our youth players a chance instead in this kind of situation tho.

So much for Pep promoting players.

Pep is pure shit.

Jack cw

Tasci will do fine. It's a shame we don't give our youth players a chance instead in this kind of situation tho.

So much for Pep promoting players.

Pep is pure shit.
Who exactly is this CB we could promote from our youth? Anyone of them is leagues below tasci. Too bad this generation of youngsters has not even 2. Bundesliga level. Not convinced that rafinha and kimmich are going to stop Ronaldo, messi, Neymar, Bale or Suárez. I'm pretty sure we will struggle a lot against Juventus. Tasci has at least pace compared to benatia and badstuber.

norinrad

I guess either the board thinks United are good enough with Shaw, Valencia, Rojo etc all coming back from injury that they do not need any new players or the Glazers are milking United until the last minute.

Shaw's injury did mess United up though and this is not an excuse.

Meier

If Dag and Red could pay Guardiola £15m, he might consider taking that job. Why in the world would the best ever accept anything but the best? The sort of mindset is pointless and not grounded in reality. It's a job first and foremost and if your market value is X, you're not going to take Y-X to prove yourself to some haters.

Elchele

If Dag and Red could pay Guardiola £15m, he might consider taking that job. Why in the world would the best ever accept anything but the best? The sort of mindset is pointless and not grounded in reality. It's a job first and foremost and if your market value is X, you're not going to take Y-X to prove yourself to some haters.

You really think Pep is the best? pls m8
He's good tactician, but far from being the best on that aspect. And not to mention his man management, which is absolutely the worst among top coaches.

Meier

You really think Pep is the best? pls m8
He's good tactician, but far from being the best on that aspect. And not to mention his man management, which is absolutely the worst among top coaches.

Well, it's obviously open for debate and everyone has their own answers. Whether he's the best is subjective -- I think he definitely is regardless of the fact he's coming to City. But he's clearly the most desired and he's paid the most, so expecting someone who is paid the most to not be paid the most is fantastical.

What happened?

Giroud just got away with a fairly blatant one without reprimand, a couple tasty tackles have gone in (one from Campbell), and the crowd's on his back. Plus he seems to be a while away from the action most of the time. Arsenal break fast and Saints are playing it long, but he can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom