• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Anyone want to tell me whats going on at Arsenal? Its like this every year. United is beginning to explode, and anyone who knows LvGs teams knows they usually do around this time of the year. Chelsea and Arsenal will lose to United. I feel sorry for Arsenal for not winning these games. wtf

Bloody hell, that Giggs to Celtic rumour has gained traction. Its obviously a load of bullshit though, just a random cunt on Twitter.

If he doesn't get the United job this summer he will have no choice but to go and experience the full-time job at another club and if he proves himself he'll be back at some point.

Celtic actually wouldn't be a bad first job.

norinrad

If he doesn't get the United job this summer he will have no choice but to go and experience the full-time job at another club and if he proves himself he'll be back at some point.

He should be managing Sunderland in the championship.

Also lol@Arsenal

Anth1888

Oh im not stating that it wouldn't be a good move for him and we'll (Celtic) probably be in the market for a new manager in the summer. Its just crazy how these rumours blow up on Twitter over nothing and two betting companies have jumped on it. Crazier things have happened before I guess.

Blackhead

Redarse
How is that possible? His value can't have gone up. Seems shady as fuck.

value is just what someone is willing to pay

the silly money wasn't in chinese football six months ago.
Is any journalist investigating this? Reminds me of Colombia in 80s/90s when drug lords bought up football clubs which they then used for money laundering... Silly money, yes, but that's more realistically reflected in wages rather than inflated transfer fees

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Is any journalist investigating this? Reminds me of Columbia in 80s/90s when drug lords bought up football clubs which they then used for money laundering... Silly money, yes, but that's more realistically reflected in wages rather than inflated transfer fees

It's probably just a coincidence this all started as the Chinese economy began to tank.

tim.mbp

value is just what someone is willing to pay

the silly money wasn't in chinese football six months ago.

No one would pay that much for him though, silly money or not. He's fourth choice, Atlético would give him away, let alone making a tidy profit.

Mista

Banned
Anyone want to tell me whats going on at Arsenal? Its like this every year. United is beginning to explode, and anyone who knows LvGs teams knows they usually do around this time of the year. Chelsea and Arsenal will lose to United. I feel sorry for Arsenal for not winning these games. wtf

I feel sorry for myself for all the screaming and shit. We just LOVE screwing everything!

Not for the players though.
Wonder what their wages are now.

Crazy money I imagine.

Look at Ramires I've always rated him and seems to have a great work rate, now fair enough he'd dropped down the pecking order lately. But if he wanted to play elsewhere I bet China wasn't the only option so he must be on a monster wage.

Just caught up on the games I missed last night. That Vardy goal, oh my! After the Man City display against Sunderland the game on Saturday should be really good, just a pity I wont get to watch it.

"United is beginning to explode"

ahahahahahaha

Jarnet87

That was one of United's better performances under van Gaal. I'd like to think it was all United, but I've heard a bunch of people talk about how shit and knackered this Stoke side has been in recent weeks. There were a lot of positives like actually seeing movement and pace in the side and Juan Mata was dominant. Wayne turning back the clock, and Borthwick Jackson could be the best option at LB for the remainder of the season. I wonder if he has the versatility to play across the line, might be worth trying him at CB next year when Shaw returns.

DBT85

Was a good night all round really, United playing something that can be equated to football again (who know for how long), Vardy wonder goal, and to cap it off, the Scallies lost and Arsenal are back in 4th where they belong. It's beautiful.

What's the difference between their leagues?

MLS has a low wage cap, delegated players, a draft (where the weakest teams get the top picks), and aims for overall financial stability. Aim is to grow the league slowly after the near-death of American soccerball in the past.

China is throwing a ridiculous amount of money at anything. The richest teams with the most interested owners will likely rise to the top and attract the best players.

But both are growing leagues in countries with massive GDPs, with only limited success in the sport to date.

I appreciate how Klopp doesn't make excuses like Brenda, he knows his squad is rubbish and let's them know

Bigs them up to the press, gives them dog's abuse from the sideline :D

Apparently he chucked out a load of shite as soon as he got the chance at Dortmund, need the same here.

Carbonox

Newcastle really brings out the best in shit players. Rooney came back to life against us, now Lennon's scored, Cleverley always does well against us, etc. We're some sort of fucking pussy magnet for gash players.

Cairnsay

Banned
Newcastle really brings out the best in shit players. Rooney came back to life against us, now Lennon's scored, Cleverley always does well against us, etc. We're some sort of fucking pussy magnet for gash players.

If you need a player, or even an entire team, to break a bad run of form, there's nothing like playing Newcastle. Bet Pardew wishes Palace had us next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom