• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god the Chelsea game is so fucking boring. How hard is it for these mother fuckers to just string some pacy passes together and run forward? I hate football matches like this. Literally jack shit has happened. Neither team has had a fun passage of play that has lead to a chance. Too slow, too much thinking. I miss Super Frank.

Oh god the Chelsea game is so fucking boring. How hard is it for these mother fuckers to just string some pacy passes together and run forward? I hate football matches like this. Literally jack shit has happened. Neither team has had a fun passage of play that has lead to a chance. Too slow, too much thinking. I miss Super Frank.

IF results stay the way they are (super jinx) then that helps Bournemouth so I'm not complaining (if Watford were to score that would make it even better!).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Gary Neville has absolutely zero clue on how to manage a football club.

Valencia getting trashed by Barça.

Error

I remember Neville live orgasm when Torres scored that goal against us in the CL semis. How is it looking now, buddy?

Error

English football is so far behind Spanish football, Guardiola is gonna show England what real football looks like.

I'm serious

norinrad

I remember Neville live orgasm when Torres scored that goal against us in the CL semis. How is it looking now, buddy?

I've been saying this for a while, being a c*nt on SKY just as his buddy Scholes and actually managing a team are two different things! God help United if Giggs takes over with one of these so called class of 92 clowns as his assistants.

Yager

Banned
garynevilleface.jpg

Next season will probably (hopefully?) be a bit of a mess if we make the widespread changes that are needed

2017/18 is when Klopp will curbstomp the #EPL

Going by the history of Liverpool's owners they will probably sell your best players in the summer then spend the money on the players that Klopp doesn't want.

Carbonox

Why didn't McClaren strengthen your defence?

I need to know this too. Our defence is shambolic. We desperately needed a left back too and got stumped on that as well.

Embarrassing stuff. We bought the right players for certain positions but our entire squad needs an overhaul from top to bottom. Too many lazy and shit cunts.

A season in the Championship is just what we need to refresh. Plus Shteve needs to go as well. Rancid coach.

Going by the history of Liverpool's owners they will probably sell your best players in the summer then spend the money on the players that Klopp doesn't want.
I like to assume Klopp has been given a lot of control of transfers as a condition of joining.

Otherwise I'd have jumped off a bridge by now. You can't hire a world class manager to sort out a shit team, and leave the recruitment up to the people largely responsible for creating said shit team.

We don't have anyone good enough to be the subject of an unrefusable bid, so don't think it'll be an issue this summer. More concerned with finding other people clubs gullible enough to take the likes of Lallana, Milner, Benteke, Lucas, Bogdan, Balotelli etc. Especially with the wages they're on.

Thankfully Enrique's contract is up in May iirc

Lunar FC

I like to assume Klopp has been given a lot of control of transfers as a condition of joining.

Otherwise I'd have jumped off a bridge by now. You can't hire a world class manager to sort out a shit team, and leave the recruitment up to the people largely responsible for creating said shit team.

We don't have anyone good enough to be the subject of an unrefusable bid, so don't think it'll be an issue this summer. More concerned with finding other people clubs gullible enough to take the likes of Lallana, Milner, Benteke, Lucas, Bogdan, Balotelli etc. Especially with the wages they're on.

Thankfully Enrique's contract is up in May iirc

I seriously keep forgetting Balo is just out on loan.

Updated OT banner btw.

TeddyBoy

I'm fine with selling our best players on the condition we bring in someone to replace them of the same quality. This is LFCs biggest issue, we sell our best players and replace them with average ones.

Tbh I don't think a single player is safe in our team, everyone could be sold with the right offer.

sora87

The only player we have left that any bigger team would want is Coutinho.

They're gonna make a big loss on this squad just to get all the crap out the door.

Sturridge allegedly wants out of Liverpool this summer and the two clubs mentioned are Arsenal and United... two teams who have a recent history of pretty terrible injury records. Good luck with that Danny boy.

Maybe he should come home to the Bridge

Jarnet87

Sturridge allegedly wants out of Liverpool this summer and the two clubs mentioned are Arsenal and United... two teams who have a recent history of pretty terrible injury records. Good luck with that Danny boy.

He can hang out with Welbeck on the bench and the treatment table.

DBT85

Sturridge was always going to be an odd one for Liverpool.

If he kept fit and banged in a ton of goals a huge offer would come in for him and he'd be out the door, if not, then he's injured and doing fuck all.

Liverpool can't win with him.

King_Moc

Banned

Becuase he feels aggrieved at being questioned about his injury record and desire to play. Who the fuck does he think he is? He's being paid about £8m a year for doing absolutely fuck all.

Yeah he can piss off I dint want him.

Go play for West Brom.

Beefy

Were you expecting lower ticket prices? It's not like it's Wenger's fault.

I am not a Arsenal fan. But ticket prices are crazy for Prem clubs. Why is it that Prem clubs make the most through TV deals etc yet ticket prices still go up? You only have to look at other Euopean clubs to see how bad it is in the Prem. Wenger saying this is: 1) Insulting to his clubs fans. 2) Funny due Arsenal not really buying big that often.

King_Moc

Banned
I am not a Arsenal fan. But ticket prices are crazy for Prem clubs. Why is it that Prem clubs make the most through TV deals etc yet ticket prices still go up? You only have to look at other Euopean clubs to see how bad it is in the Prem. Wenger saying this is: 1) Insulting to his clubs fans. 2) Funny due Arsenal not really buying big that often.

Because clubs ask more more for players when they know you have more money. Why do you think transfer fees in the prem have gone insane in the last couple of years?

Of course, this doesn't affect Arsenal as they didn't buy anyone, but still.

Beefy

Because clubs ask more more for players when they know you have more money. Why do you think transfer fees in the prem have gone insane in the last couple of years?

Of course, this doesn't affect Arsenal as they didn't buy anyone, but still.

Still shouldn't always be pushed onto the fans, given the profit a lot of the owners make.

I'm not saying ticket prices aren't too high, it just seems weird to vilify Wenger for what is a clearly true statement.

He's not talking about Arsenal specifically, he's talking about the Premier League, and there'll be very few teams who pass this money on to their fans (and the ones that do will probably get relegated because they won't be competitive). Imagine how much Man City have just agreed to pay Guardiola, and how much they'll pay their ten new £50m signings this summer. You think they're reducing ticket prices as well? Then everyone else needs to keep up.

Wenger isn't saying this is the way it should be, he's saying it's the way it inevitably will be because that's just how football works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom