• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit was fixed and everyone knows it.

BVB got a doable opponent.
Berlin got a replacement final at home.
Bayern got a home match and easy opponent.
Werder got fucked. Because nobody fucking cares.

Meier

Wow. Announced attendance of 16k out of 55 at the Mestalla today. A veritable B and effectively C team for Barca.. but another draw for Valencia. Can't last much longer.

Blablurn

tumblr_o2crudG5VN1shuwvvo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o2cqwiYvvj1s1rzito4_500.gif

tumblr_o2cpq9vbn21qgmhjro1_540.jpg

Pachimari

Ferdinand? Vidic? Falcao? Rooney? Pirlo? Gerrard?

I were exaggerating to get the point across.

I guess it depends on what you define as incredible but I'll never forget how Raul went from being the best goal scorer in the world to not being able to get anything in. He wasn't old, no injuries, just lost the ability to get goals.

Raúl's decline was huge, but I would argue Cristiano's decline this season is even bigger.

Blackhead

Redarse
LFC responded regarding the tickets then.

£77 down to £59, essentially.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/206821-fsg-s-message-to-liverpool-supporters

It's good that they're listening but the prices are still too high in the pl

I agree with Alan Shearer
Tony Pulis too: Premier League clubs should cap away ticket prices at £10, says Tony Pulis

Where's that Corporate Lickspittle who claimed this could never happen?

What.. He is playing up front for Atleti. He is lethal.

Because Jackson Martinez was a flop and Torres is... well Torres now. Griezmann's best position is a classic second striker in a 4-4-2 but obviously he has the skill to be the lead guy. Having Koke, et al feeding passes into you doesn't hurt.

Tony Pulis too: Premier League clubs should cap away ticket prices at £10, says Tony Pulis

Where's that Corporate Lickspittle who claimed this could never happen?

Haha, when Premier League clubs reduce ticket prices to £10, talk to me. To be fair, I wasn't expecting such an embarrassing climbdown from Liverpool so I got that pretty wrong.

I will maintain that football costs as much as it does because fans have shown that they'll pay it, and in spite of that protest the Liverpool fans would have paid £77 for a ticket next season if they'd had to. And fifty pounds for a t-shirt. These prices didn't just appear from nowhere.

I'm not saying it's right, just that that's how it is.

Blackhead

Redarse
Haha, when Premier League clubs reduce ticket prices to £10, talk to me. To be fair, I wasn't expecting such an embarrassing climbdown from Liverpool so I got that pretty wrong.

I will maintain that football costs as much as it does because fans have shown that they'll pay it, and in spite of that protest the Liverpool fans would have paid £77 for a ticket next season if they'd had to. And fifty pounds for a t-shirt. These prices didn't just appear from nowhere.

You said that Wenger couldn't even speak in support and yet here's a premiership manager doing just that. I don't think prices will be £10 either. However your arguments that the only option is to support the status quo, and that corporations fucking the fans is inevitable, is just wrong. This may be how things are now but there can be change. It's alright to criticize managers like Wenger.

You said that Wenger couldn't even speak in support and yet here's a premiership manager doing just that. I don't think prices will be £10 either. However your arguments that the only option is to support the status quo, and that corporations fucking the fans is inevitable, is just wrong. This may be how things are now but there can be change. It's alright to criticize managers like Wenger.

Wenger wasn't speaking for or against it, he was saying "this is how it inevitably will be."

Maybe that's where the confusion was, if you and others thought he was saying "WOO YAY MORE EXPENSIVE TICKETS AWESOME," when that wasn't actually what he said.

Blackhead

Redarse
Wenger wasn't speaking for or against it, he was saying "this is how it inevitably will be."

Maybe that's where the confusion was, if you and others thought he was saying "WOO YAY MORE EXPENSIVE TICKETS AWESOME," when that wasn't actually what he said.
and Wenger is wrong. It's not inevitable. To say it's inevitable is a support for the status quo. Maybe that's your confusion

elseanio

There is a different type of fan that would pay £77 a ticket to one that goes every week and creates the "famous atmosphere" that is getting lost every single season.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the 77 quid was going to apply to the new extended seating wasn't it? therefore that wasn't like it was super great seating.

I'll be honest here - i make a fair wage - and don't live in the UK anymore. I used to go see Ipswich, Chelsea, Palace, etc - anything in or around London, but Ipswich were my team. But those ticket prices then (pre-2000) were already pretty harsh.

Now? if i lived in the UK with 2 kids? no way can i justify what i would have to pay to go to -one- game.

Given the new tv deal which, lets face it, is where the actual cash is - then ramping up ticket prices just seems like rank and file capitalism of "WE HAVE TO GET EVERY PENNY FROM EVERY ANGLE!"

Maybe it's time for English football fans to start marching off to lower division sides where the price of taking your family to one game in the premier league buys a season ticket and , in some cases, TWO.

the 77 quid was going to apply to the new extended seating wasn't it? therefore that wasn't like it was super great seating.

I'll be honest here - i make a fair wage - and don't live in the UK anymore. I used to go see Ipswich, Chelsea, Palace, etc - anything in or around London, but Ipswich were my team. But those ticket prices then (pre-2000) were already pretty harsh.

Now? if i lived in the UK with 2 kids? no way can i justify what i would have to pay to go to -one- game.

Given the new tv deal which, lets face it, is where the actual cash is - then ramping up ticket prices just seems like rank and file capitalism of "WE HAVE TO GET EVERY PENNY FROM EVERY ANGLE!"

Maybe it's time for English football fans to start marching off to lower division sides where the price of taking your family to one game in the premier league buys a season ticket and , in some cases, TWO.

Town tickets are a fucking joke. £32 to watch a team that hasn't shown any urgency to get out of the division for the last 15 odd years. And just look how bad our style of play is these days. £32? For ninety minutes of pure dross.

I haven't been to a game of football since I was about 16. It's such a rip off.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Town tickets are a fucking joke. £32 to watch a team that hasn't shown any urgency to get out of the division for the last 15 odd years. And just look how bad our style of play is these days. £32? For ninety minutes of pure dross.

I haven't been to a game of football since I was about 16. It's such a rip off.

I used to go every home game but back in the late 90s it was 12 quid for the North Stand. But that was during an era where we, initially, played some dross but then under Burley had a cracking squad of footballers and played some attractive stuff.

Given the recent squad i just couldn't see me shelling out 32 quid (if that's the north stand price) for , yeah, bog standard football. I mean - i like Mick, and i love the club, but obviously we are seemingly deliberately treading water with near zero investment and limited ambition. Which is depressing because for me , though it is... shit... 15 years ago, there was a time where we looked like we were really going in the right direction. We have also had entirely unappealing managers since Burley in Keane, Royle, etc.

I mean, out here in TK, i go to a few games and whilst the quality is improving it is still largely dross... but it's like 10 quid for the entire family to go. Hell, i can't even go see my local Rugby League team in the UK for that much on my own.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
There is a different type of fan that would pay £77 a ticket to one that goes every week and creates the "famous atmosphere" that is getting lost every single season.

It's really noticeable as well. Mourinho complained about this a lot at Chelsea and they were the best team in the league.

I would much rather see prices at £10 with some sort of waiting list than filling stadiums with a bunch of middle class weekend fans.

there's enough money from tv and sponsorship that they don't need the ticket sales any more. it's just greed at this point.

Socreges

Banned
Can someone tell me...

If a player gets three yellows in regular fixtures meaning they miss the next match... but the next match is Cup play... are they able to play in that game and instead miss the following regular league game?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me...

If a player gets three yellows in regular fixtures meaning they miss the next match... but the next match is Cup play... are they able to play in that game and instead miss the following regular league game?

depends on the cup. league games and domestic cups are the same pool of cards but european tournaments are separate.

so if you get sent off in an FA cup game you'd miss the next legaue game but if you got sent off in a champions league game you'd only miss the next cl game not the next league game.

Socreges

Banned
depends on the cup. league games and domestic cups are the same pool of cards but european tournaments are separate.

so if you get sent off in an FA cup game you'd miss the next legaue game but if you got sent off in a champions league game you'd only miss the next cl game not the next league game.
Fuck. K thanks

elseanio

It's really noticeable as well. Mourinho complained about this a lot at Chelsea and they were the best team in the league.

I would much rather see prices at £10 with some sort of waiting list than filling stadiums with a bunch of middle class weekend fans.

there's enough money from tv and sponsorship that they don't need the ticket sales any more. it's just greed at this point.

Players/fans/managers will of course have a different view to owners, who probably don't care what fan is in as long as the seat is sold. Infact, the tourist fan is likely to buy more in the shop when they're there for their one game.

It's a shame that now the LFC owners are being praised for only charging £59 a ticket, it's still too much. Cup ticket prices shows they can set the price lower and make some sort of profit from match days.

norinrad

Dmitri Payet resigned at west ham until 2021
No China for him lol

West Ham is lucky. Payet is really really really fuckin good

How do you know, players do this all the time so they can help their club make something before they leave. If a Chinese club comes calling next year, West-Ham gets some cash. win win for both player and club.

How do you know, players do this all the time so they can help their club make something before they leave. If a Chinese club comes calling next year, West-Ham gets some cash. win win for both player and club.

I don't think it's to help the club so much as help the agent who brokers the new contract and then the big money move.

It'll help West Ham, but that's just a happy bonus, rather than the player's intention.

AJ's girlfriend sent him pic of their baby. AJ: "She looks class" – 30 seconds after he text girl to say "I will last 10 seconds tho lol"

Johnson searched internet for "legal age of consent" on 3 Feb, days after alleged sexual activity with 15 year old girl, court told

Johnson went on to tell her: "Was class. Just wanted to get ya jeans off lol"
Girl: "Next time haha"
AJ: "I will last 10 seconds tho lol"

Johnson: "Where do you go out?"
Girl, 15: "I'm not old enough to go out."
Johnson: "Yeah but you look old enough."

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday

words are failing me right now

I'm feeling apprehensive about the Tottenham game this weekend. I shouldn't considering the players that Manchester City have but this whole corner triangles with a high defensive line in a 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2 rotation has been a total and utter liability this season.

Lol he's so fudged!

Blatantly insecure about his sexual performance judging by the "10 seconds" comments. I guess an under age girl has less to compare him too.

How sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom