• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Come on, Stuttgart.

Edit:
Of course while posting this Dortmund scores. Well-deserved win for them, but a good match by both teams.

slider

Can't imagine how hard that'll sting for Liverpool fans. But some of the youngsters have looked really promising.

That said, I'll happily take a win.

TeddyBoy

Ogbonna scores the winner, he shouldn't be on the pitch after that challenge that wasn't even given as a foul.

I hope Blackburn smash West Ham next round, West Ham fans were singing Sign On and Valencia went down every single time he got the slightest touch.

Timbuktu

Did well enough exiting the cup. Can't say it's heart breaking, but it's Pretty much expected now. hopefully the young guys get a chance in other competitions as well.

nitewulf

Arsenal would be a great club if all their young future invested players weren't made of glass.

Unfortunately that's true, but this is one of the few seasons where I think Wenger isn't to blame. He is absolutely right about the lack of clinical strikers for sale, and the injuries at the tail end of last year didn't help at all.

However, when I look at Akpom and Iwobi, I think Arsenal may have two of the better up and coming strikers, and they were both academy trained.

Pachimari

Also, the commentator said during Real that Ronaldo was 31 years old... Then it hit me that we are a few years away before we see a football world without Messi, Ibra, Ronaldo :(

And he is on a steep decline no less.

I have never seen such an incredible footballer fall so fast. I hope he picks it up soon, but I have said that all season.

Blablurn

tumblr_o28h5qZ1pc1qboytzo2_540.gif

So he admitted kissing a 15 year old and grooming her for sex, but denies having sex with her?

Well that makes sense considering the jail terms he can expect based on those charges. Probably looks good to the jury confessing that something happened, but at the same time he's denying the most serious charges.

King_Moc

Banned
LFC responded regarding the tickets then.

Removal of game categorisation – regardless of the opposition fans will pay the same price for matchday tickets.
The pricing of tickets will be readjusted to result in zero revenue growth from GA ticketing on a like-for-like basis.
Though individual ticket prices may move marginally from this season, we are freezing our 2016-17 GA ticket revenue at the 2015-16 level exclusive of newly-added seats in the new Main Stand.
The price of our highest general admission ticket will be frozen at the 2015-16 level - £59.
The price of our highest season ticket will be frozen at the 2015-16 level - £869. The lowest price reducing a further £25 from the 2015-16 level to £685, as well as all other tiers being frozen or reduced.
£9 GA seats will be offered for each and every Premier League match, an allocation of more than 10,000 tickets across the season.
We would hasten to add that the other initiatives announced last week in the 2016-17 plan will remain:

17-21 young adult concession – 20,000 tickets across the Premier League season available at a 50 per cent reduction for young people.
1,000 tickets to Premier League matches across the season will be given away free of charge to Liverpool schoolchildren based on merit, as recommended by their teachers.

£77 down to £59, essentially.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/206821-fsg-s-message-to-liverpool-supporters

DBT85

Good to see.

Hopefully others take heed.

Ultimately it would be best if the PL made a mandate but I don;t see that happening.

King_Moc

Banned
Good to see.

Hopefully others take heed.

Ultimately it would be best if the PL made a mandate but I don;t see that happening.

We desperately need that to be honest. The extra money they earn from TV gives English teams no advantage, it just means English teams have to pay higher transfer fees than any other country since it's known they can afford it. May as well take that money and give it back to the fans. They could half the prices and still probably be the richest league in the world.

It's good that they're listening but the prices are still too high in the pl

I agree with Alan Shearer

I agree with this, standing in areas needs to come back as well. I know there are some Liverpool fans who will have a knee jerk reaction but the rail seats are far superior and arguably safer. It is the only reason I don't go to games often and when I do I usually get hospitality, if I have to sit down I'm going to be comfortable.

DBT85

We desperately need that to be honest. The extra money they earn from TV gives English teams no advantage, it just means English teams have to pay higher transfer fees than any other country since it's known they can afford it. May as well take that money and give it back to the fans. They could half the prices and still probably be the richest league in the world.

Well the supporters union or whatever it is was saying that teams could let everyone in for free next year, and still have just as much money next year as they do this year.

If they don't give it back to the fans its only going to go on larger transfers and much higher wages because agents will know that teams like Chelsea, United and City can pay 500k a week to a Neymar or whatever and even Villa or Southampton can pay 200k.

There's plenty of things I'd like to see the League as a whole do out of this, standing sections like the Bundesliga, minimum away fan allocations as a percentage of the ground, max prices for match days and season tickets, lots of cheap tickets for kids etc.

All we're going to get is lots of teams freezing the prices for 1 season and then carrying on next season otherwise.

El Topo

Can't agree with the decision against Bochum, especially the red card. Not fair. At least their goalkeeper stopped Müller's penalty.

El Topo

I think it's just age combined with injuries. Also I would say many of our players don't really seem to be at their best currently.

And he is on a steep decline no less.

I have never seen such an incredible footballer fall so fast. I hope he picks it up soon, but I have said that all season.

I guess it depends on what you define as incredible but I'll never forget how Raul went from being the best goal scorer in the world to not being able to get anything in. He wasn't old, no injuries, just lost the ability to get goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom