• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how the commentators are acting like this match matters. It's what amounts to a friendly. I'm embarrassed we're even in this competition. Thankfully we'll be out soon.

Yes Kloppo

There's still a chance for a return to Dortmund.

Tottenham are not out yet, they have the quality to come back. And I hope they will have the will too !
The teams that could beat us 4-0 are not playing in the Europa League. We obviously can't send our U21 to London but it's over. Even more so when Spurs care as much as today.

Interesting that you've waiting until you're 2-0 down to say that.
I was working and I just got home to watch the damn thing.

Edit: I would've said the same thing if we were up. Europe Jr tournament is a waste. I'd rather our decent players stay healthy so we can put up at least the resemblance of a fight for top 4.

Edit: I would've said the same thing if we were up. Europe Jr tournament is a waste. I'd rather our decent players stay healthy so we can put up at least the resemblance of a fight for top 4.

Even when healthy, your players are still garbage.

Gandalf

Yet another embarrassing performance this season. Fellaini looked awful, as usual. Bad mistake by Carrick (build up looked offside though).

Fair play, Liverpool deserved to win, simply more hunger and desire.

Winners get a Champions League place, that's worth a lot considering United's form in the league in the past few weeks

TeddyBoy

Love how the commentators are acting like this match matters. It's what amounts to a friendly. I'm embarrassed we're even in this competition. Thankfully we'll be out soon.

The match matters to improve United's European coefficient if nothing else.

Good opening 30 seconds from Utd, but it was all Liverpool after that. Fantastic result.

United had a good spell for about 10 minutes when Carrick came on, going 3-5-2 confused the Liverpool team until Allen replaced Sturridge.

2-0 is an excellent result, just go to Old Trafford and score one and we should be ok.

I seriously hope someone beat the shit out of that piece of shit Fellaini. He's a dirty fucker that should be banned from football. How he keeps getting away with shit is ridiculous. If he doesn't get retrospective ban for elbowing Can on purpose, then UEFA is a joke.

If I was Can, I would have stuck my fist in his mouth and break all his teeth.

Jarnet87

Recorded game but wisely just checked the score and recap of game. United's only highlights were De Gea saves, Looked like they could have lost by 3 or 4 lol. DId United even get out of their half?

MrKaepora

Does anyone have a pair of scissors?

12821348_996273547127365_6147413772643609416_n.jpg

I'm fine with the way Spurs played. Clearly they didn't underestimate us as much as they simply said "fuck it, league is more important". Sucks for their fans who made the trip.

That's some joga bonito right there: https://streamable.com/nxba

That's some joga repulsivo: https://twitter.com/MUnitedGirl/status/708051065678274561

That's some joga "I dont have seen it": https://twitter.com/LFCMostar/status/708058122745565184

If he were at least good and a cunt (like Cantona), but he's just simply a cunt.

Fdkn

lol

Every year the same old lie.

You couldn't win the EL no matter how hard you tried.

sora87

Was worth it just to see scholes' and rio's sour faces next to mcmanaman's beaming smile haha, but seriously what an atmosphere tonight, was so so good. Here's hoping for a repeat performance next week with the same desire and hunger.

De Gea is like a cheat code at this point. United would be dead if they had to deal with Mignolet. Hopefully we can remain consistent.

Best wishes.

Was worth it just to see scholes' and rio's sour faces next to mcmanaman's beaming smile haha, but seriously what an atmosphere tonight, was so so good. Here's hoping for a repeat performance next week with the same desire and hunger.

ycTdarI.jpg

Fellaini managed to keep a lid on it for the most part and still should have been sent off, that's before his sly forearm at the end the fucking clampet. Total shithouse footballer.

Syder

The BPL truly is all bright and shiny from the outside. But in the inside all their clubs are just mediocre.
Because Pochettino would rather win the Premier League than a Mickey Mouse Cup like the Europa League that means all BPL clubs are mediocre.

Solid logic right here.

norinrad

lol

They are crap and it's clear a lot of deadwood need to be cleared out. Same goes for Liverpool, they may have won last night but have similar problems as United. I've been saying this all season. There's a lot of clearance from both sides that needs to be done or risk another disastrous season next year.

Irminsul

Meh. I'd much rather have an exciting league and have teams "struggle" in Europe than have a piss poor league and have teams thrive in Europe.
Funnily, that's probably what German football fans would have said about their league about 10 years ago. You know, when other teams actually had a chance at the title (and all of our teams were shit in Europe).

I also fully agree with that sentiment. EL/CL is a nice extra, but the domestic league is the important stuff.

Elchele

EPL clubs not being able to field their best XI for EL/CL is bullshit. They have a massive budget and depth in their squads, unlike Bundesliga/Ligue One/etc.

The real reason is EPL clubs level not being on par with the best teams in Europe.

Syder

I'd rather watch consistent quality week in, week out. It's fine if you support a top club that fights for top 4 spots consistently and you'd rather win the CL. The Premier League has quality from top to bottom because winning the title is the focus, the be all and end all. I mean, look at Newcastle, they're in the bottom 3 and they have some fantastic players/prospects. Wijnaldum, Ayoze Perez, Mitrovic, Krul, etc.

The criticism of Poch for his selection is insane. Would it be nice to win the competition? I'm sure it would but literally the only point of the Europa this season is for the CL place and barring a miracle, Spurs have already secured that.

If he plays the first team in a very difficult game, that they could easily lose, and somebody gets injured, the title push takes a major dent. And it's much more important to a team like Spurs to win the title for the first time in nearly 60 years vs a competition that's won by middle of the road clubs every year.

RiggyRob

The criticism of Poch for his selection is insane. Would it be nice to win the competition? I'm sure it would but literally the only point of the Europa this season is for the CL place and barring a miracle, Spurs have already secured that.

If he plays the first team in a very difficult game, that they could easily lose, and somebody gets injured, the title push takes a major dent. And it's much more important to a team like Spurs to win the title for the first time in nearly 60 years vs a competition that's won by middle of the road clubs every year.

If this was the case more English clubs would have won it.

Firemind

McLaren is sacked? About time. Now let's see if Newcastle can dodge relegation for a third time.

Edit: Ouch still need to play Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and City. RIP

lol

What lie? The only things that matter to me is the Champion's League and the Prem. I miss the days where the League Cup and FA Cup was pretty much reserved for youth (not that we had any choice with injuries). Europa League means nothing to me even though the winner gets a CL spot but if you're not finishing at the top few spots of your league then you really don't deserve it.
Yeah, our squad is shit and they don't seem to give a damn but I put a lot of that on LVG. Dude doesn't even know his best 11 or have a solid formation. Things just aren't working and we need to bring in someone who knows what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom