• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

Wait what

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/708300050514976768

CdRjJEFW8AIqHsk.png:orig

What happens to the EL winner's CL place if the winner has already qualified in their league?
Nothing, it's only relevant if the EL winner fails to qualify for the CL in his league.

The criticism of Poch for his selection is insane. Would it be nice to win the competition? I'm sure it would but literally the only point of the Europa this season is for the CL place and barring a miracle, Spurs have already secured that.

If he plays the first team in a very difficult game, that they could easily lose, and somebody gets injured, the title push takes a major dent. And it's much more important to a team like Spurs to win the title for the first time in nearly 60 years vs a competition that's won by middle of the road clubs every year.

It's more about the fact that Spurs are playing Villa on the weekend. No need to rest, really.

And the "somebody could get injured" thought is kinda meaningless as well. Kane could have injured himself in the last minutes as well, just like he could be injured in the first 10 minutes on Sunday, or in practice, or like anywhere.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Mclaren out, Benitez in, all in the space of 3 hours, interesting day. First proper game to be the derby too, gonna be an exciting end to the season up here.

Elchele

I'd rather watch consistent quality week in, week out. It's fine if you support a top club that fights for top 4 spots consistently and you'd rather win the CL. The Premier League has quality from top to bottom because winning the title is the focus, the be all and end all. I mean, look at Newcastle, they're in the bottom 3 and they have some fantastic players/prospects. Wijnaldum, Ayoze Perez, Mitrovic, Krul, etc.

Quality from top to bottom? lol ok
more like outside of top 6 the rest are garbage. And those in the top 6 can't even compete with the top clubs from other countries. The difference is all the teams in PL are in a similar level, unlike other leagues where the top clubs are in another level.

It's more about the fact that Spurs are playing Villa on the weekend. No need to rest, really.

And the "somebody could get injured" thought is kinda meaningless as well. Kane could have injured himself in the last minutes as well, just like he could be injured in the first 10 minutes on Sunday, or in practice, or like anywhere.

Villa are terrible, but it's not a fixture in isolation. They just had the NLD and followed up by a tough match away to Dortmund. I'd much rather have my 1st team play against Villa and then again a week later against Bournemouth than play 5 times in the space of 15 days, especially since the league games have a greater (and more likely) reward attached to them.

And yes, the injury thing could be meaningless but players are a lot less likely to get injured sitting on the bench, or at home, than running around against top quality players.

Syder

Quality from top to bottom? lol ok
more like outside of top 6 the rest are garbage. And those in the top 6 can't even compete with the top clubs from other countries. The difference is all the teams in PL are in a similar level, unlike other leagues where the top clubs are in another level.
Yeah, Everton are garbage. Chelsea are garbage. Liverpool are garbage. Southampton are garbage.
/s

If that's what you want to believe then go ahead.

As a diehard Newcastle fan this week has been an extremely strange experience and I cannot quite work out what's going on with my emotions.

Imagine if for some mad reason Konami decided to bring in Miyazaki and completely rejig their strategy, then put him in charge of a Zone of the Enders game.

That's kind of like what this is.

Ashes

Banned
As a diehard Newcastle fan this week has been an extremely strange experience and I cannot quite work out what's going on with my emotions.

Imagine if for some mad reason Konami decided to bring in Miyazaki and completely rejig their strategy, then put him in charge of a Zone of the Enders game.

That's kind of like what this is.

say what?

Italy will likely start ahead of England in the next UEFA coefficient table.

The English definitely get too much money from their TV rights.
Europe has become irrelevant to them so they don't give a fuck anymore.

Orbis

Did Costa just love bite Barry? Haha.

Edit: In all seriousness I think he thought about it but didn't quite make the bite. Crazy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom