• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider

Would've been better if he'd actually taken it from the spot the ref indicated, rather than moving it a foot or so back to better facilitate clearing the wall.

Yeah, you're right. I only picked that up on the replay. Cheats!

Carroll with a very non-Carroll goal. C'mon you Irons!

la_briola

Tonight we know if Frankfurt is going down.
cm-vi1.gif

JonCha

A really important result for Stoke today given our implosion against Southampton last week. It's going to be tough to get into Europa, but I think if we can get away with just a defeat or two, we'll have a good chance.

The thing is, though, the other teams vying for a Europe spot - West Ham, Southampton and Liverpool in particular - are in good form too.

Syder

On my way back from the Chelsea game. Great day slightly spoiled by old school, typical Chelsea refereeing. We gave a good account of ourselves and are still in pole position for fifth place.

Stulaw

Ah right, didn't see it from that angle, Antonio caught him with his knee, still, it was well outside the box, even more so than the one given to Everton a couple of weeks ago.

Either way the ref cost us 2 points today.

Fdkn

How absurd?

One of the most famous ones is that when Mou was in Madrid, after we lost a match, there was supposed to be an argument on the dressing room and Mourinho supposedly threw a can of red bull to Granero that almost hit him while he was shouting some nonsense.

The funny thing is that Granero wasn't in that dressing room that day.

The guy is obsessed with Mou and they had incidents in many press conferences regarding his crappy lies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
man, i really got into it when Leicester lost to Arsenal with some of their fans....

the points were :

1) Leicester would be destroyed by losing to Arsenal via a late goal and they'd lose a lot of games
2) "sorry, but Arsenal have ended their title hopes"
3) Losses to Barca were predicted (before they did lose, fair game) and they wouldn't have any loss of confidence
4) Although Leicester have played well, they'd lose to lower teams because of pressure, then lose to Man U, Chelsea, Everton at the end due to similar pressures but with strong teams
5) Arsenal wouldn't slip up against anyone because Arsenal.
6) "Arsenal will be well on their way to a 3rd FA Cup so confidence will be high"

Since then....

Leicester went from being 2 points ahead of Arsenal to 11....

I am honestly fine with ANYONE winning the league, just NOT fucking Arsenal.
Wenger is an obstinate twat and Arsenal fans are either in camp 1) GET WENGER OUT (the sane actual supporters) or camp 2) "i wouldn't swap 20 years of top 4 and our current position for the 20 years of Chelsea or United" - these people are swallowing the company line bullshit or 3) "Lets give Wenger another year" ... i know it's a non-starter give Wenger would have to fire himself for this to happen, but Wenger is consigning Arsenal to alsorans YEAR on YEAR. If they can't win the title this year, they'll NEVER win it under Wenger.

Obviously i would like Leicester to win, but it now seems to be a two horse race and if Spurs win it then i'd be equally as fine

So do any of you guys think that if Leicester win the league it will change the landscape of English football in any way, or it's just a weird one-off, like when Blackburn won it (just on a much larger scale)?

I genuinely hope it shakes things up in numerous ways (the way clubs are run, different attractions in the transfer market, "smaller" teams playing with more freedom) but...I'm sceptical.

So do any of you guys think that if Leicester win the league it will change the landscape of English football in any way, or it's just a weird one-off, like when Blackburn won it (just on a much larger scale)?

I genuinely hope it shakes things up in numerous ways (the way clubs are run, different attractions in the transfer market, "smaller" teams playing with more freedom) but...I'm sceptical.

I don't think it will change much to be honest, be it Leicester or Tottenham that win it. This year the usual suspects for many different reasons have all had big problems and next season things are going to be back in their favour again.

Manchester City are going through a transitional period that started last season, many of players are now in their thirties the core of the team has often been injured and they are currently playing a type of football that is well understood by pretty much every manager in the league and have made some downright odd transfer decisions. Chelsea have had a total mare of a season, I don't quite get what happened to them but with a new manager in charge to shake things up whoever it may be they should be back in the mix again. Arsenal are pretty much on form for Arsenal. Manchester United lack key players and have Woodward in charge of affairs which means they were unable to replace the old that gave the quality in the final third. Liverpool have a new manager that has been brought in for the long term with a team that probably wouldn't have been what he wanted.

This off–season should be interesting as all of them are going to be rebuilding, developing or making significant changes in one way or another. The only change I see going forward is that more teams will play with a stronger sense of their own style and will be more entertaining for it. We also seem to have less Allardyce and Redknapp style coaches who set their teams up to play boring outdated football.

DBT85

Genuinely wonder if Man United get tonked today if Gall will be there for the next match in 2 weeks.

Convinced he's out the door anyway but humiliation today (not a close 1-0 or anything) might just force them to do it now.

Carbonox

If Newcastle lose today I think they're definitely going down. Their fixture list isn't kind for the remaining games.

Championship baby.

Tabby

If Newcastle lose today I think they're definitely going down. Their fixture list isn't kind for the remaining games.

Championship baby.

Definitely. We can't afford to lose these games.

It would be our luck to finally get a good manager and still get relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom