• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skrtel needs to go. Contract terminated, locked in a shipping container destined for Alaska, assassinated, framed for murder, whatever. He just can't play for us again.

Entire team was poor after 30 mins, and dogshit after 45. Nobody passing well, nobody making any effort to give their teammate a simple pass.

Well deserved win for Southampton.

Beefy

Skrtel needs to go. Contract terminated, locked in a shipping container destined for Alaska, assassinated, framed for murder, whatever. He just can't play for us again.

Entire team was poor after 30 mins, and dogshit after 45. Nobody passing well, nobody making any effort to give their teammate a simple pass.

Well deserved win for Southampton.
Thanx!

Why did Sturridge go off? Is he injured again?

Thanx!

Why did Sturridge go off? Is he injured again?

Just not fit enough to last 90 minutes. Not that Benteke at 100% looks much fitter than Sturridge at 70%

The way Sturridge is running, I think we bought him back early and are making him play through pain and/or on the verge of another injury. He's not fully sprinted once in these 8 or so games.

Jarnet87

Everton in two weeks. Riding high off a Derby win, extra week to rest players and possibly get some back from injury, they will smash us lol.

Brinbe

lol hyperbole?
Except for the a short spell when we got the goal? Yeah, we grinded it out and got the result. But it wasn't exactly some master class of football out there. Rashford is class though. Along with Martial/Depay, that's a solid trio in attack going forward.

la_briola

Yeah, ok.

Thanks Ramos!
cocky.gif

Gandalf

Except for the a short spell when we got the goal? Yeah, we grinded it out and got the result. But it wasn't exactly some master class of football out there. Rashford is class though. Along with Martial/Depay, that's a solid trio in attack going forward.

Defensively we were pretty solid though, hardly "garbage".

I still can't understand how a team with Man City's resources can have such a piss poor defence. Every one of them is a shithouse.

Good goal from Rashford. For the love of God though, please don't pick him for the Euros. He's too young. Let him develop without putting so much pressure on him like we always do with any kid with the slightest bit of talent.

norinrad

I still can't understand how a team with Man City's resources can have such a piss poor defence. Every one of them is a shithouse.

Good goal from Rashford. For the love of God though, please don't pick him for the Euros. He's too young. Let him develop without putting so much pressure on him like we always do with any kid with the slightest bit of talent.

Pep effect, City at this moment doesn't give a damn. Pretty much everyone who played today will be shipped out by Pep.

Easy. Have only one decent quality centre back that is injured more than he is fit. Tried to buy in youth with a similar play style that didn't really work out, bought an older defender to cover him, sold all the old centre backs except for one who was brought in. The eldest of the defenders has fully lost his legs and doesn't want to be there. The manager has a top heavy philosophy with a focus on a high line with no protection for the centre backs and likes his wing backs to play high. Though why we don't play Sagna in the centre is fucking lost on me. Considering Mancini had his team built from the defence and had some of the best records at the back it goes to show how Pelligrini and to an extent Tixi have fucked it up, what makes it worse is that he rarely mixes it up and always uses the same strategies time after time when the opposition know what they are. I get why RM got rid after a year.

Well of course. It's like being at school: "it would have been a mint goal if it had gone in".

Their only mistake was losing against all the lower teams in the league and drawing some.

Well it was more a point about how he seems to be able to get results in games they should be struggling in with what you'd consider the "better" teams (without looking at the table) but when it comes to the ones you'd expect them to do better in they mostly look completely hopeless.

Perhaps an obvious statement with hindsight but you see where I'm going with it... strange thing really.

Timbuktu

If LvG could get the same results against his non-rivals as he has recently against City/Liverpool etc he'd have walked the title

The same logic could have applied to anyone really. Any team that shows any kind of consistency can win the title, it just happens to be Leicester. Everyone else blows up the minute they seem to show any kind of momentum.

Beefy

So Leicester away next, I don't mind what the result is. Yes I would like a win, but I want Leicester to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom