• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiggyRob

So do any of you guys think that if Leicester win the league it will change the landscape of English football in any way, or it's just a weird one-off, like when Blackburn won it (just on a much larger scale)?

I genuinely hope it shakes things up in numerous ways (the way clubs are run, different attractions in the transfer market, "smaller" teams playing with more freedom) but...I'm sceptical.

Leicester winning the league will be a one-off like Blackburn IMO, but clubs will be looking at the way Leicester, Spurs and West Ham have been run this season and try to emulate them.

sora87

Poor Joe, he could have had quite a few goals this season if it wasn't for crossbars and refs wanting to keep the welsh xavi down

brentech

gag-jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

Looking and playing tired as all hell, you end with this.

Carbonox

A Newcastle draw isn't enough either really tbh. It's teams like Sunderland that Newcastle MUST beat if they're gonna potentially struggle against the bigger teams we have left. Unfortunately the Newcastle squad are spineless when it comes to the derby.

Klopp was letting Benteke have it there. I can't wait for the next squad turnover process is done so I can be annoyed by a new group of overpriced players.

Skrtel is the softest "hard man" you've ever seen in your life. Shits himself at everything and gets bossed by fucking everybody, the shit cunt.

Absolutely gutted.

TeddyBoy

I've got no issue with throwing away a 2-0 goal lead to lose the match if Skrtel is sold in the summer. He's been our worst CB for a long time (yes, even worse than Toure) and this display should push him out the door in the summer.

Couldn't give a toss if Newcastle were relegated, but I like Rafa Benitez, so I'm happy they got something from that game.

Regarding Liverpool, is Klopp expected to rebuild in the summer with a major clear-out, or is he just supposed to refine the sorry shower of shit team he has now into something better via tactics, training and/or PED's? I'd guess it's gonna take a while to undo Brendan Rodger's work.

sora87

Tbh I just want this season to be over, we're not making top 4 or even top 6 and dortmund are gonna spank us. Just hope for a good clear out of all the rubbish this summer.

Lovern gets injured, comes back and picks up where he left off.

Sakho gets injured, comes back,a bit shakey but still solid.

Skrtel gets injured, team is playing well, gets subbed in and fucks up a two goal lead. I can't wait until he is gone. I've always said Lovern and Sakho pairing is much better.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dismal first half from Saints but they turned it around. Not the best game but glad they didn't just collapse and actually showed a bit of ambition.

I still can't get a read on Mane. Ever since that Man Utd rumour it seems like he'd rather be somewhere else then he goes and does something great and wins the game. I just wish he was consistent.

TeddyBoy

Couldn't give a toss if Newcastle were relegated, but I like Rafa Benitez, so I'm happy they got something from that game.

Regarding Liverpool, is Klopp expected to rebuild in the summer with a major clear-out, or is he just supposed to refine the sorry shower of shit team he has now into something better via tactics, training and/or PED's? I'd guess it's gonna take a while to undo Brendan Rodger's work.

Klopp will be expected to compete for the champions league next season for sure. He'll be able to bring in players but expect more outgoings than incomings since Liverpool have a huge squad.

Toure, Lallana, Allen, Moreno, Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Bogdan and hopefully Skrtel will all go. We've got Matip (a CB) and Grujic (CM) to join and then expect a new keeper to replace at least Bogdan, a new left back to either compete/replace Moreno and a winger since we don't have any real wingers besides Ibe.

Klopp will be expected to compete for the champions league next season for sure. He'll be able to bring in players but expect more outgoings than incomings since Liverpool have a huge squad.

Toure, Lallana, Allen, Moreno, Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Bogdan and hopefully Skrtel will all go. We've got Matip (a CB) and Grujic (CM) to join and then expect a new keeper to replace at least Bogdan, a new left back to either compete/replace Moreno and a winger since we don't have any real wingers besides Ibe.

Klopp already said Markovic will stay. I personally hope they don't get rid of Moreno but instead convert him into a winger since he is so dangerous going forward. I think Allen should stay only because he plays so much better under Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom