• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale is 5 times the player Hazard is. They're not even in the same stratosphere right now, Hazard has done absolutely nothing this season.

I highly doubt you have seen Bale play this season, against any other team than Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.
He's a good player, but he needs a team that plays on the counter, that's why he's good against Bayern or Barcelona. In a Real Madrid that dominates 90% of the matches he's just an awful player, he doesn't have the technique to play in the small spaces.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm not used to saying football term in English ;) )

I highly doubt you have seen Bale play this season, against any other team than Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.
He's a good player, but he needs a team that plays on the counter, that's why he's good against Bayern or Barcelona. In a Real Madrid that dominates 90% of the matches he's just an awful player, he doesn't have the technique to play in the small spaces.

You have a point, Bale is best when he's given the space to counter and make huge runs. His strength is his physical ability in open spaces, but that doesn't mean he's an awful player otherwise. Bale has adapted very well to Madrid. This season started off with a bang for him, with free form positioning, but too bad the injury set him back. Bale can play in tight spaces too, his defensive game is understated, helping to bring balance to the team.

Never in a 100 years I would want to trade the current Bale for a current Hazard.

Nonsense.

Selling Bale for Hazard? I mean, what is wrong with you? Bale's been amazing this season (except for the injuries), why sell him after he finally has form in his position and play only to insert a new player du jour? Yes I think hazard is good, but nowhere near the level of Bale.

You can't simply expect a player to change leagues and countries and perform amicably. Bale is one of our MVPs, it would be Perez-esque foolishness to sell him.

Bale has been amazing this season? I'm mean yes, he has good stats, but I think that's normal for an attacking player with Real Madrid.

I never understood why Real Madrid bought him, it was just based of the hype. He just irritates me when Real Madrid is dominating and he just doesn't have the basic technique to play in the small spaces.
And don't get me wrong, I like the guy and he's a good footballer like I said, but he should play in a team that doesn't dominate. His last season with Tottenham was ridiculously good and I will never forget his match against Maicon a few years ago.

Hazard would replace him much better, we have lost many points this years in La Liga, a player like Hazard will help the team against smaller opponents imo.

And he's always been a Real Madrid fan. ;)

I think I must have watched more of Bale this season than you have watched Hazard tbh

There is no way on earth you could have watched him play this season, and think its a good idea to replace Bale with him. He's been atrocious, lazy, and fully deserving of his zero league goals.

Bale has been amazing this season? I'm mean yes, he has good stats, but I think that's normal for an attacking player with Real Madrid.

I never understood why Real Madrid bought him, it was just based of the hype. He just irritates me when Real Madrid is dominating and he just doesn't have the basic technique to play in the small spaces.
And don't get me wrong, I like the guy and he's a good footballer like I said, but he should play in a team that doesn't dominate. His last season with Tottenham was ridiculously good and I will never forget his match against Maicon a few years ago.

Hazard would replace him much better, we have lost many points this years in La Liga, a player like Hazard will help the team against smaller opponents imo.

And he's always been a Real Madrid fan. ;)

Umm, I'm just going to respectfully agree to disagree with you.

Fdkn

The only striker we need to sell is Ronaldo. Even if he's improved a little lately, he's been a shadow of his former self for more than a year already and he's not going to come back ever. Put Bale on the left wing and use the money to bring a right wing and a 9 because we only have Karim.

The only striker we need to sell is Ronaldo. Even if he's improved a little lately, he's been a shadow of his former self for more than a year already and he's not going to come back ever. Put Bale on the left wing and use the money to bring a right wing and a 9 because we only have Karim.
Give Ronaldo the rest of the season up front in preparation for Benzema being sent down.

As critical as I am of Ronaldo, you'll miss his goals when he's gone.

Bale said he actually prefers to play on the RW and cut inside in a recent interview. So there's that. I'm kinda puzzled with Ronaldo, it's tough to see club legends go. I think we can squeeze another year from him easily if he's agreed to be substituted time to time.

I never understood why they thought that one striker was enough. Everyone knows that the transfer market has exploded with all the new sugar daddy clubs + TV money in England, but if you cannot have 2 good strikers in a squad that wants to compete in every competition...

Syder

So everyone must be a fan of Messi?
He and Ronaldo are the best players I will probably ever see in my life, that doesn't mean I like the guy.
The way you phrased your post made it seem like you're dismissive of Messi's on field talent.

Luis Suarez is a psychotic cunt but he's still the best striker in the world.

Luis Suarez is a psychotic cunt but he's still the best striker in the world.

He isn't that bad. I have seen far worse in games but because he used his teeth rather than a punch, stamp, headbut, gouge he gets more criticism. There have been far worse that the press and FA didn't care about. He rarely talks to the press so we can't really form an opinion that is accurate. He most likely is a bell end as there are very few players I have met that I have actually liked, but from my experience often the ones you think are going to be the worst aren't.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
so HOW ABOUT JACK WILSHERE AT THE EUROS THEN

Jack-Wilshere-video.jpg

I didn't post when I read the news but what a fucking dickhead

I would trade Hazard for Bale in a heartbeat. Hell, I'll throw in a couple of pounds and a bag of fish and chips.

Excuse me but if you don't want him give him back pls (at a discounted price of free)

RiggyRob

so HOW ABOUT JACK WILSHERE AT THE EUROS THEN

Jack-Wilshere-video.jpg

I didn't post when I read the news but what a fucking dickhead

Excuse me but if you don't want him give him back pls (at a discounted price of free)

He's lucky Wenger's a soft touch, anyone else would've shipped him off by now.

Putzweg

Is Torres for real? Surely those were 2 clear yellow cards.

EDIT: geez, nice job ruining the match ref. not maintain the same standard when Barca tackles ugly.

Moobabe

Gonna tell me that wasn't a foul? It's a stupid fucking tackle

Please - if everyone got booked for challenges like that, mere minutes after the first yellow, we'd be playing 8 a side.

You gonna tell me the occasion and the crowd hasn't influenced the decision?

spidye

what the fuck torres

as I said. we totaly lost the grip on this game since the 20th min.
a benfica goal is more than deserved

MrKaepora

One stupid mistake was enough for Bayern to score.

André Almeida and Eliseu were our weakest links on this first half. That first goal made me feel that Bayern were going to massacre us but we stabilized our game and had our own chances to score.

We need to keep focus on the second half and try not to let Bayern score.

Messi

Please - if everyone got booked for challenges like that, mere minutes after the first yellow, we'd be playing 8 a side.

You gonna tell me the occasion and the crowd hasn't influenced the decision?

It's a yellow. I don't care if he does it twice in two minutes.

Blablurn

what the fuck torres

as I said. we totaly lost the grip on this game since the 20th min.
a benfica goal is more than deserved
Bernat stating great.

Bernat playing shit for the rest of the time.

Dude's not stable enough.

And no idea why we don't play more over Costa.

Pls bring coman for ribery.

Ribery is trying to do too much. Also, Torres is stupid, now his team is just focusing on just kicking the ball out of their box,when they could have been looking for a counterattack had he not committed a dumb foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom