• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Wolfsburg is the best team in the world right now.

16d791d7edfecc673f8a549d20fb80fd.png

Kolx

And Real is back to their shitty form again. At least we'll have a very interesting match to watch next week. Also lol at PSG first goal.

Poor from both City and PSG. Was an entertaining game, end to end at times, both teams look like they could have scored at any point but far too many mistakes all around. Happy with the result overall.

MrKaepora

12961648_1562547410704657_2295289585609602163_n.png

This is why the idea of a super league where only the money of the teams count is a stupid idea. Football is a game where surprises do happen and doesn't care what some suits on UEFA think are the best finalists money wise.

Good work by Wolfsburg, they could've win by more impressive numbers tonight.

la_briola

This is why the idea of a super league where only the money of the teams count is a stupid idea. Football is a game where surprises do happen and doesn't care what some suits on UEFA think are the best finalists money wise.

Wolfsburg is a rich club, they are basically FC Volkswagen.

What are you talking about?

OT: this Real Madrid has played many bad matches this year against weaker opponents, so it's not such a surprise that this happens. And again, it's just mind–boggling that Real Madrid has no replacement for Benzema.

Wolfsburg was a beast last season. They completely demolished FC bayern in their league game and dortmund in the cup. They did however sell two of their best players, de bruyne and perisic and they also had some injuries (naldo) which made the.m vulnerable in the last few month.

MrKaepora

Wolfsburg is a rich club, they are basically FC Volkswagen.
But they are not Real Madrid rich.
What are you talking about?

Officials from some of Europe's biggest teams have been discussing the idea of a breakaway to maximise potential television revenue and ensure they are no longer exposed to relegation and potential financial trouble.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal were involved in a secret meeting to talk about the idea earlier this month, according to the Sun, which the mentioned clubs have denied.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/10206191/pep-guardiola-questions-european-super-league-idea

Thanks for the article, but why would a premier league club do that if they are in a competition where every team gets 150(?) million at minimum next year. They are the super league (next year), even a competition with all the big teams are not going to get that much more and supporters would never accept it imo, competitions are a national thing.

I never believed in such a thing.

I will never forget Real vs Bayern from a few years ago. Probably one of the easiest matches Real Madrid ever had against a world class team.
Pep is great and I like him as a personality, but sometimes he's just completely wrong.

well I remember the year before that where Lewandowski 4:1'd Real... and where is Lewandowski now?

Blablurn

I will never forget Real vs Bayern from a few years ago. Probably one of the easiest matches Real Madrid ever had against a world class team.
Pep is great and I like him as a personality, but sometimes he's just completely wrong.

yep yep

his pride (or whatever) is too big to let him make any adjustments.

Thanks for the article, but why would a premier league club do that if they are in a competition where every team gets 150(?) million at minimum next year. They are the super league (next year), even a competition with all the big teams are not going to get that much more and supporters would never accept it imo, competitions are a national thing.

I never believed in such a thing.

I think behind the scenes the Premier League teams are lukewarm on the idea while some of the bigger European teams are pushing for it (I can imagine PSG's Arab owners don't like being stuck in Ligue 1) but know they can't do it without them.

Jack cw

Still funny to see that Bayerns crap defence is the only one that didn't concede a goal in this round.

And we can call Wolfsburg now la bestia verde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom